Doctor in Dharamshila Cancer Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dharamshila Cancer HospitalYour feedback matters!
It’s a general concept even in layman that for pregnancy one needs to have regular and timely menstrual periods.But in certain patients periods may not come regularly ever since menarche.Besides they may have history of weight gain,acne, excessive hairs on skin of face, may need to go for threading more often than required and may have cousins, sisters or evn mother having same issues.Such symptoms and signs point towards –
- PCOS – as the first most diagnosis
- Hormonal imbalance- FSH,LH ratio change with high LH levels
- Insulin resistance
- May have add on Thryoid/prolactin derrangements
These patients generally have high body mass Index(BMI)but some fall into category of lean with periods regular.
What all these lead to is a situation called-Chronic anovulation- a common cause of infertility.
Most of such PCOS patients have normal FSH but high LH levels.Its a multifactorial condition with life long implications
What we can do about it ?
Yes we can do major part especially if weight is more then Lifestyle modifications alone will help to keep things on track but it needs constant action in a well planned manner.So tips to keep a check on PCOS-
- Weight loss- at rate of 5-10% over a period of 5-6 months.If you have 80 kg then you should loose between 4 to max 8 kg only slowly with crash courses/diets or short cuts
- Daily brisk walking at least for 30 minutes to burn extra calories
- Moderate exercise on regular basis
- Joining a structured programme like Gym
- Take healthy balanced food(if possible with help of dietitician)
- Cut down carbohydrates like banana,rice,rice products with a check on milk and milk products and less of fats
- Keep proper hydration(3-4 LITRES of water daily)
- Avoid junk foods with empty calories
Dear readers all these need to be followed as part of life and not till you have pregnancy as PCOS has more of chronic affects also later on due to tendency to gain weight due to hormonal disturbances
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is diagnosed in
approximately 60–70%of women with such features.
How to plan pregnancy in PCOS?
Singleton live birth rates of up to 71% in 2 years can be
achieved in such patients with –
1) Induction of ovulation- it can be by clomiphene citrate as first line of treatment and Injectables gonadotropins as second-line
treatment with success rate varies from 2 to 3%
2)IUI- combined induction with IUI increases success rate from 8 -13% to 15-20%
3) IVF- not used as first-line therapy in these
patients, except for subgroups with a poor prognosis like-
- Advanced age group
- Longer duration of infertility
- Higher insulin:glucose ratio
- Failed ovulation induction
- Other indications of IVF-tubal factor,male factor,unexplained/idiopathic infertility
Outcome of IVF In PCOS-
The outcome of IVF in women with PCOS shows variable outcome as-
Response to Medicines is the main issue- erratic(resistant to hyper) which is generally unpredictable
- More oocytes obtained-with more of immature
- Less fertilization rate- both mature and immature oocytes
PCOS patients show reduced fertilization rates, presumably due to endogenous hormonal imbalance
- More chances to have poor quality eggs
- Chances of abnormal(aneuploidy)embryos is high
- Inc chances to form endometrial polyp with recurrence
- Inc chances of cancellation of cycle/use of high dose of medicines
- High chances of first trimester miscarriage
- But good part is despite reduced overall fertilization, IVF pregnancy rates in PCOS patients appeared to be comparable to normo-ovulatory women
- Also live birth rates are comparable
Tulsi or the holy basil is known since ages to have health benefits, however with urbanization nuclear family living in compact flats the use of this very inexpensive super herb plant is reduced. Many also feel who will take care of plant give water to it every day. The fact is, our priority in life is to be earning healthy life where in we end up paying to gyms doctors. If you can just plant this in your small pot it will take care of your health issues. It’s tried by me personally I recommend it.
It’s very common in indian households easy to grow, have 2 types
1) green coloured – lakshmi tulsi
2) purple coloured – krishna tulsi.
It is worshiped, offered to gods, thought to purify all contaminants. This is when I thought of studying more about this super plant.
What is there in tulsi which makes it so useful, well it has essential oils, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin a, c, k, linoleic acid best part is it will not harm in anyway.
With malaria, dengue, swine flu increasing in cities it’s very important to have this plant as natural support to help to improve your immunity against bacterial viral infections.
Following are the benefits:
Prevents against infections relieves cold, flu prevents stress blood purifier balances hormones nerve tonic, sharpens memory fights cancer helps in healthy gum helpful in conditions like diabetes, hypertension lowers acidity lowers respiratory problems its anti-allergic immunity booster best digestive improves vision.
Following are benefits of planting it in your small plant
1) easily accessible.
2) give good values to children.
3) make different uses like use on sandwich/soups/teas.
4) looks beautiful.
5) soothing to eyes so releases stress.
How to grow tulsi
It grows in moist soil very easily. It needs mild sunlight as well. Just few centimetres below soil you can grow this plant indoors till it reaches 6 cm height best time is just before monsoon, with good sunlight it grows faster. You can also pick seeds from grown plant (rub the flower and there are seeds inside, tiny black) and put it in the soil. It grows fast.
How to consume tulsi
· well you can eat it raw – just pluck it, eat it any time of the day it will give best results· mix it in water/ detox water/· make kadha – boil tulsi leaves in 2 cup of water add 2 gm black pepper, boil it to half (i. E. 1 cup) and drink to reduce dengue symptoms· have it with morning/evening tea· sprinkle over poha/sandwich or dal with coriander leaves.
I am sure that those who do not have tulsi plant will buy plant it and those who have it will use it more often
As it is said “the better you know better your health can be”.
Raynaud’s disease is an unusual condition that is actually a symptom of something else, perhaps more serious.
What is raynaud’s disease?
Raynaud’s disease is a hyperactivation of the sympathetic nervous system, resulting in an extreme constriction of the blood vessels, therefore slowing down circulation and resulting in localized hypoxia (a lack of air/blood to cells). When these secondary blood vessels are unable to push blood through, the skin loses its color and sensation.
The disease is classified into two types, namely:
1. Primary raynaud’s: it is also known as primary raynaud’s disease when the condition is idiopathic, meaning that it is not caused in conjunction with any other disease.
2. Secondary raynaud’s: the condition iscalled raynaud’s phenomenon, raynaud’s syndrome or secondary raynaud’s when there is an underlying disorder such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and frostbite, among others.
There are a number of conditions that can result in low blood or oxygen flow to the body’s extremities, but the causes of raynaud’s include:
1. Genetics: raynaud’s disease stands alone in that is often hereditary.
2. Smoking: smoking can cause the disease to develop or can exacerbate any symptoms since it is a natural vasoconstrictor.
The most common symptoms of raynaud’s disease are:
- Numbness or discoloration in the extremities of your vascular system (fingers and toes)
- Emotional stress
- Long, brittle nails
There are two ways in which this condition manifests:
1. Low temperature: when the skin is exposed to cold, and the temperature of the body drops, the skin turns pale or white, evidence of a loss of blood to the area. This is usually in the hands, fingers, toes, feet, and earlobes.
2. Low oxygen: when the oxygen supply is depleted, the skin turns blue.
In both instances, when blood or oxygen is returned, the color flushes back to red, often accompanied by swelling and more pain as the tissues and cells regain their functionality. This can be compared to a foot “falling asleep” or getting “pins and needles”. The numbness is quickly replaced by painful tingling for a few moments. This effect lasts even longer with raynaud’s disease.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
- Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
- Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one’s body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
- Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
- Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well, since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
- Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas – vata, pitta and kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration becomes sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
Recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is defined as a condition where the woman suffers three or more pregnancy losses consecutively and the miscarriages occur within 20 weeks from the last menstrual cycle of the women. This condition is fairly common in women. Some of the causes that may be responsible for this condition include genetic factors, uterine disorders, hypothyroidism, diabetes, anatomical or cervical conditions, endocrine-related disorders, auto-immune diseases, chronic endometritis, viral infection, ecological conditions, and antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS).
As part of the RPL diagnosis, the medical experts will conduct a transvaginal ultrasonography during the early stages of the pregnancy. If the woman is not pregnant, had had two to three pregnancy losses in the past, and is being evaluated for pregnancy loss, the doctors may deem it suitable to conduct parental chromosome testing (karyogram). Also, blood tests may also be carried out to determine blood sugar levels, thyroid-related problems, ovarian dysfunction, and thrombophilia.
Treatment For RPL-
When treating a woman for RPL, the doctors will need to determine the cause of this condition. In cases of congenital thrombophilia and antiphospholipid syndrome, the doctors could prescribe anticoagulants if the woman has suffered recurrent miscarriages. Several studies conducted in the past have shown that through a course of antibiotics, women suffering from chronic endometritis can enjoy a healthy pregnancy. In cases wherein the woman is found to have a karyotypic disorder, she is advised to undergo genetic counseling. During the sessions, the genetic specialist will have a discussion on the type of genetic disorder and the possibility of future pregnancies.
Some couples may also opt for prenatal genetic studies for analyzing the genetic makeup of the fetus. In this procedure, chorionic virus sampling and amniocentesis may be carried out. In cases of chromosomal conditions, when treatment is not available, the in vitro fertilization (IVF) with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) procedure may be advised. As a part of this treatment, the woman is given shots over a period of some days for eggs to grow in her ovaries. Then, the eggs are obtained through a minor surgery and a sperm is injected into them to enable the embryos to grow. Thereafter, a single cell of the embryo is subjected to biopsy and the genetic disposition is examined. This helps to prevent the transfer of an afflicted embryo. In cases of uterine abnormality, the doctors may conduct a surgery as a part of the treatment.
In cases of thyroid-related issues or diabetes, medicines for treating the respective conditions are prescribed. However, if the patient has antiphospholipid syndrome, they are given drugs to prevent the development of blood clots.
The condition of women who has a history of recurrent pregnancy loss must be monitored closely. Even if they are given proper treatment, the chances of future pregnancy loss cannot be ruled out completely. After each pregnancy loss, the woman may suffer from psychological trauma and she may harbor doubts about her ability to conceive as well. In such cases, they require counseling for helping them in overcoming their grief. Also, recurrent miscarriages can result in the women suffering from coronary heart disease, cardiovascular problems, and ovarian cancer at a later stage. During their later pregnancies, they run the risk of having preeclampsia as well. Moreover, the mortality rates of such groups of women are high.
Unexplained RPL: In cases of unexplained RPL, there are no treatments available. The afflicted groups are given counseling. By doing so, there is around 50 to 60 percent probability of them delivering in their subsequent pregnancy. However, with each pregnancy loss, the woman’s chances of conceiving diminish. Aspirin is not known to be effective in preventing recurrent miscarriages in women. Also, immunotherapy does not meet the desired results. Currently, the drug NT100 is under scrutiny for improving the chances of conception in women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses.
Hi. My age is 28 .I am married 8 years back. We don’t have children .Because I have pcod problem. I am using medicines from 7 years to have children and solve my problem. But my trial was failure. Presently I am using homeopathy medicines but these medicines also not working out .present I am staying far from my husband from 9 months because he totally believes that my problem was the main reason for us for not having children .present my aim is only to solve my pcod problem. I also heard that using allopathy medicines continuously may damage my uterus. Is it true. How could I solve my problem. Please suggest me.
Please suggest Jab sex karte ho toh sperm bahar aa jaata h jis se mai pregnant nahi ho to rahi hu Please conceive kare ne ke liye kuch suggest kare.
Makhana, also well known as 'fox nut' or 'lotus seed', has been proven to be a powerhouse of healthy nutrients like vitamins, minerals and fibers; they stuffed with medical properties - absolutely healthy for diabetic patients and those who have a history of high blood pressure.
They are crunchy, tasty, easy to prepare, economical and healthy. Makhana is the new popcorn!
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is high time that we think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill-effects of processed food all around us. So, ditch the unhealthy snack & the dangerous processed food - snack on makhana as it is free of trans fat and are light on your tummy. Below are 12 health benefits of makhana you should know:
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced.
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content make them very useful for people with high blood pressure.
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health.
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals.
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments.
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods.
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation.
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body.
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed.
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in a pregnant woman.
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia.
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction.
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste.
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go.
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste.
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts.
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical and has no hazards on your health, go ahead and grab a bowl of fox nuts!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!