Urticaria is a vascular reaction of the skin marked by the transient appearance of smooth, slightly elevated papules or plaques (wheals) that are erythematous and that are often attended by severe pruritus. Most cases of urticaria are self-limited and of short duration.read more
Namaskar mai Dr Sandeev Gupta, Balaji Skin Clinic, Hari Nagar, Nai Delhi se aapse baat kar raha hoon. Aapko gyat hi hoga ki aaj-kal fungal infection ya daad bahut jayada bad gaye hain. Toh aaj hum usi bare mein, usko theek karne ke bare mein, dobara na hone ke upayon ke bare mein baat karenge. Sabse pehle mera aapko paramarsh rahega ki jab aapko koi skin problem ho, koi daad ho, fungal infection ho aap sirf cherm rog visheshagya kom hi dikhaiye, skin specialist ko hi dikhaiye, kyunki wo hi aapka achche se ilaaj kar sakte hain. Apne doston se, apne chemist se direct dawa mat lijiye wo aapki daad ko bada sakti hai. Uske alawa doctor, cherm rog visheshgya jis taranh aapko jitney samay ke liye dawaie deta hain, jjitne samay ke baad bulate hain uska paalan kariye, niyamit roop se dawaie lijiye, khrak lijiye. Dawaie ko jitney samay ke liye liya gaya hai utne samay ke liye lijiye usko chodiye mat. Chakte theek honey ke baad tak bhi aapko dawaie leni pad sakti hai, uska main karan ye hai ki sankraman dobara na failey. Agar aap bahut samay pehle band kar dete hai dawaie toh sankraman dobara se bahut jaldi aa sakta hai. Aur cream lagane ka bhi tareeka hai, jiss area pe daad hai uss area ko achche se dhoiye aur saaf karke phir cream lagaiye, jis taranh se doctor ne bataya hai. Aur cream jitna area hai uske bahar 2 cm ya ek inc tak aapko usko lagana hai. Aur usko lagbhag ek ya do baar lagana hota hai. Inn dawaiyon ke alawa, ghar mein jo perhaij aapko upyog mein lane hain wo hain ki aap sabse pehle tight kapde mat pehaniye- tight jeans, tight pents, tight shirts yeh pasine ko badawa dete hain, moisture ko badawa dete hain jisse fungal infection ko grow karne mein, daad ko grow karne mein bahut help milti hai. Dusra apne kapde share mat kariye apni family ke saath, apne friends ke saath including undergarments, undergarments ko bhi share nahi karna hai. Undergarments ko jab bhi aap dubara dhoyen, toh usko dhoop mein sukhiyen, ya phir agar aap dhoop mein nahi sukha sakte, toh usko press karke pehaniye. Aur mojo ko, jurabo ko aap daily badlien, share mat kare mojo ko bhi, aur chadro aur kapdo ko garam pani mein dhoyen. Aur jab aap apna jhadu-pohcha karte hain ghar mein, toh jaadu karne ke baad pohche ke pani mein detergent ka use Karen, aur uske baad aap vaccum karenge toh bahut achchi baat hai. Carpet pe, gym mein, swimming mein, pools mein nange paire mat chaliye kyuki wahan se infection aap ke pairon mein aa sakte hai jo aap ke shareer mein skin ke hisso mein fail sakti hai. Aur aapke jo kapde hai usko aalag se dhoye, agar aap ko infection hai toh aur nakhuno ko chota rakhe, bahut chota mat katte nahi toh ingrown toenail ho sakta hai. Toh mujhe ye lagta hai ki iss information ke sath aap apne infection ko achche se treat kar payenge aur usko dobara hone se bhi bacha sakenge.
Mai aapka samay lene ke liye aapka dhnyawad karta hoon, aur agar aap humse milna chahte hain toh Lybrate.com ya phir hamare clinic hai Balaji Skin Clinic jiski website hai www.balajiskintreatment.com pe visit karke aap personally clinic mein aa sakte hain, Dhanyawad.read more
Doctor in Balaji Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Skin Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Balaji Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so much benefitted with Dr Sandeep Gupta's hair fall treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from hair fall, but Dr Sandeep Gupta was able to handle it. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I was admitted to the Saraswati Memorial Hospital in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Sandeep Gupta. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these pimples which were neverending. The nurses at the Saraswati Memorial Hospital were really helpful. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Dr Sandeep Gupta has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I had to get Aesthetic Dermatology Treatment and i chose dr Sandeep Gupta for that .he is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency.I was suffering from pains from very long. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant.Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Clinic is at Saraswati Memorial Hospital in delhi
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my dark complexion. After consulting Dr Sandeep. I did not lose hope of getting skin whitening treatment. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I am really grateful as his skin whitening treatment has give me a ray of hope. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat the cases.
I read about Dr Sandeep Gupta on one of the social media platform. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. The hair treatment he offered was quite beneficial.
I found Dr. Sandeep very good in diagnosing the root cause and giving proper treatment. I was suffering from Pimples and other skin problems and had consulted lot of doctors in Pitampura. After Sandeep's consultation, all problems got resolved. Am happy with the doctor's treatment. Recommend others for his appointment/consultation strongly.
Dr Sandeep Gupta guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. It has been quite some time that i needed treatment for oily skin. The overall atmosphere in the Saraswati Memorial Hospital is very soothing. Sandeep Gupta doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
Thanks to Dr Sandeep for the skin scars treatmnet. I am glad that I chose to consult him. i am quite benefitted with his treatment. Memorial Hospital. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
Royal Aesthetics Clinic in Mumbai is a one stop solution to all derma problems. I visited dr Sandeep Gupta for treatment ofacne scars. Now i no longer have them and I am happy post the treatment. Thanks to the team!
dr Sandeep Gupta is very knowledgeable and knows how to stand out of the crowd with his excellent skills especially when it comes to acne treatment. He is available at Saraswati Memorial Hospital in Delhi.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be inspiring. Thankyou sir for your advice.Hope this will work well. Can Any iron tablet be taken?
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, inspiring, prompt and professional. Thank you very much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Sandeep is an expert of Dermatologist. I highly recommend others to get treatment from him.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be very helpful. Many many thnks
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks...it is very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you
Manoj Kumar M
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be knowledgeable. Ok
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thanku sir
Psoriasis is a skin condition marked by red, itchy and scaly patches on the skin although the problem of psoriasis extends to even deeper parts under the skin. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis. The common factor among these associated conditions is understood to be inflammation.
Here's a list of associated conditions of psoriasis.
1. Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
2. Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
3. Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
4. Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
5. Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
7 Diabetes Related Skin Problems
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later; and in some cases, these skin problems serve as symptoms of diabetes. Although these skin problems can be cured easily if treated early, proper care must be administered at all times. Here are 7 skin conditions that affect diabetics:
1. Bacterial infection
Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
2. Fungal infections
People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
3. Tingling and itching
Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
4. Skin problems related to neuropathy
Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
5. Digital sclerosis
Digital sclerosis, a condition marked by tight, waxy, thick skin that develops on the back of the hand, is common among people who have type 1 diabetes. In this condition, the joints of the fingers get stiff and, thus, lose their mobility and elasticity. Skin of the toes, forehead and knees may also get affected.
Xerosis is another common skin condition that accompanies diabetes. In this condition, the skin becomes very dry and itchy.
7) Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Some males may bleed while having sexual intercourse with their partners.
This can be due to torn frenulum of penis which is a skin fold connecting lower outer skin to glans (a protruding mushroom like projection).
This is best tackled by a small surgery called frenulopasty of the penis.
It is mostly done under local anaesthesia and 15 to 30 minutes procedure. Absorbable sutures are put which shed on there own
So consult your dermatologist if you have any problem during intercourse!
The small, red itchy spots that appear on your skin during the hot summer months or after contact with hot temperatures are known as prickly heat, and cover areas of your body such as the neck, back, face, thighs and chest.
So, what causes this form of skin rash?
Prickly heat typically occurs when you sweat excessively, such as usually in a hot and humid environment. The heavy sweating along with the bacteria present on the skin and the dead skin cells causes the blocking of sweat glands. This results in the buildup of sweat underneath your skin and the characteristic bumps that you see. When these bumps burst open to release the sweat that is buildup within, it causes a prickly sensation, giving it its name.
Certain factors can also increase your chances of contracting prickly heat like:
- Being obese or overweight
- Sitting too close to a fire or heater
- Being dormant due to illness
- Wearing too much clothing
How to prevent it?
Heat rashes usually clear up on its own if the affected spot is kept clean and dry. However there are certain things that you can do to prevent it and these are:
1. Staying away from excessive heat and humidity - Heat and humidity are the main causes of heat rash. They cause you to sweat more alongside a worsening of your rash. Sitting in a shade or keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to prevent prickly heat rash from occurring.
2. Selecting the right clothes - Wearing cotton clothing in hot temperatures is one of the best ways to keep heat rash at bay. Cotton being a natural fiber doesn't trap the heat, compared to nylon and polyester fabrics.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated - Keeping your skin cool by sitting under the fan or in an air-conditioned room is another way of preventing itchy skin rash from occurring.
4. Avoid strenuous physical activity - Keeping yourself away from the strenuous physical activity of any kind can help in preventing excessive sweating. If you have to indulge in strenuous workouts, keeping yourself hydrated is a must to avoid instances of dehydration.
Human papillomavirus(HPV) is considered a sexually transmitted infection that can be passed by skin, mouth and genital contact.
- It is one of very few infections that can, over time, lead to cancer.
- There are many different types(or strains); most are not linked to cancer. Cancer strains can cause differnet types of cancer, but most people with these HPV strains will never develop any kind of HPV associated cancer.
- In females, Cervical and in males, penile cancer can occur due to cancer causing strains. Unlike with cervical cancer, not all cases of penile,anal,or oral cancers are due to HPV.
- There are vaccines available to prevent HPV Infections, mainly for cancer causing strains and also for genital warts(6,8 strain).
- Vaccine is indicated at present in females 9 to 45 years of age, though males shall benefit also from vaccine. it is given at 0 and 2 months for age below 14 years of age and at 0, 2 and 6 months above 14 years of age( Quadrivalent Vaccine).
Itchy skin is a very common skin condition, which is a potential source of discomfort by forcing you to scratch your skin and cause irritation. Itchy skin is a very common condition, which happens very often among individuals. But, it can also be one of the symptoms of a larger disease. Itchiness of the skin may vary in intensity from mild to severe and it is mostly treated by anti-irritant measures that can be done by anybody at home.
Key identifiers: Itchy skin condition is mostly limited to certain areas on the skin, but it may also affect all body parts with an uncontrollable urge to scratch. Some of the additional key identifiers of the medical condition are listed below:
- Skin redness
- Bumps or patches on the skin
- Swelling or inflammation of the skin
- Cracking of the skin
- Leathery or scaly texture of the skin
Causes: Skin itching can happen due to a variety of reasons, some of the most common ones being:
Common skin conditions: The most common kinds of skin disorders like eczema, etc. often lead to skin itching. Itching is mostly accompanied by other skin conditions like redness, breakouts, inflammation, and such others.
Internal diseases: Diseases related to the kidney and liver often lead to skin related disorders among which the most common one is skin itching. Additionally, itching may also happen due to serious diseases like cancer.
Nerve-related disorders: Diseases that affect the nervous system, either directly or indirectly also act as a catalyst to the skin itching process. Examples of such diseases would be diabetes mellitus, pinched nerves, sclerosis, and shingles.
Pregnancy: Pregnant women often experience itching on body parts like abdomen, thighs, breasts, and arms.
Drugs: If you are regularly taking antibiotics or antifungal medicines, then these might have some unwanted effects of the skin among which skin itching is the most common one.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radiofrequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. Acne and Dyspigmentation as more indications of chemical peel. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are at lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
Skin cancer occurs when the DNA of the cells undergo mutations, thus causing unsystematic cell growth which evolve into a cancerous mass. This abnormality stems from the over-exposure of your skin to the Ultraviolet Radiations of the sun.
However, there are other factors too that escalate the risks of skin cancer.
- Fairer skin tone: Inadequate pigmentation or melanin content in the skin offers less protection against the harmful UV radiations. Having red or blond hair or light-colored eyes makes you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Sunburns: A history of sunburns can often be the root cause behind skin cancer.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: If you spend a considerable amount of time under the sun and especially if your skin is not protected by clothing or sunscreen, you tend to get a tan. A tan is the skin’s response to extreme UV radiations.
- Moles: Abnormally large moles, known as dysplastic nevi, are more likely to turn malignant. Watch out for any change in the texture of the moles, which is one of the most important symptoms of skin cancer.
- Family history: According to studies, genes are considered to be one of the causes behind skin cancer. Hence, a family history of this condition could spell trouble for one.
- Personal history: Having suffered from skin cancer previously in life could endanger one even more.
- Pre-cancerous skin injury: Skin lesions, also known as actinic keratosis, make you prone to developing pre-cancerous growths on the skin. These could appear as scaly rough patches, ranging from brown to pink in color. They usually crop up on the hands, head and faces of people who are comparatively of a fairer skin tone.
- A weak immune system: People having a poor immunity system, including the ones affected by HIV/AIDS or are on immunosuppressant drugs which follow any organ transplantation have greater risks of developing cancer.
- Exposure to radiation: Radiation therapy is an often used treatment method for treating various skin conditions such as acne and eczema. Having been exposed to radiations, one could be indisposed to this condition even more.
- Exposure to certain chemicals: Exposure to certain substances such as arsenic might increase your vulnerability manifold. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sweating is a normal and natural phenomenon, which all human beings experience. When the weather conditions are humid or if you have walked for a long duration in the sun, sweat is bound to appear. Some people sweat much more than the normal rate. If you belong to this category, some questions may come to your mind like whether is it abnormal? What can be a possible remedy?
Here are some facts you must know about sweating.
1. Sweating is a natural phenomenon, and everyone sweats
It is a normal function of the human body. It involves releasing of fluids from our sweat glands present in the skin. The body maintains its temperature by means of perspiration. Sweating may make you feel uncomfortable,but performs the important cooling function of the body. Composed of water, sugar, salts and ammonia, sweat does not have any smell of its own. The unpleasant smell produced from your skin is a result of sweat mixing with bacteria.
2. The rate of perspiration varies from person to person
If you find yourself to be sweating more than normal people around you, it's natural for you to get concerned. However, do not worry because there is nothing unnatural. Some people produce more amount of sweat than others and that is completely natural. The rate just varies from person to person.
3. Overreaction of sweat glands leads to hyperhidrosis
Some people have sweat glands, which are so over reactive and over productive that they actually suffer from the disease hyperhidrosis. People having this disease sweat abnormally. The rate of perspiration is very severe. There is no such cure for hyperhidrosis. The only permanent solution to fix this disorder is by surgery where the nerves to the sweat glands are cut off.
4. Sweating is psychological in nature
The process of sweating is carried out by the sympathetic nervous system. Once it is stimulated, more sweat is produced. Although it may seem weird, thinking of sweating can lead to more sweating in individuals.
5. Nausea leads to increased sweating
Nausea or motion sickness is another reason, which accounts for increased perspiration. Nausea stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which in return produces additional sweat.
6. Sweating can be delayed at times
Suppose you are climbing up a staircase, but surprisingly you notice that even after going up five flight of stairs, there is no sweat. The sweating appears a little later and is quite intense. This is because your body takes some time to react to the thermoregulation which takes place.
Sweating is a very uncomfortable and irritating phenomenon, but it is actually helpful to the body.