Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for B L Kapur hospitalYour feedback matters!
My baby is passing stool after every feed. He is on total mothers feed. Is this normal? Color of his poop is green most of the time. It is going on from 10 days. My pediatrics says this happens when baby takes mothers milk and also because of the weather. please gave me some suggestion.
Loss or impairment of hearing can happen due to a variety of causes and may be temporary or permanent in nature, depending on the type and severity of the condition. One of the most common causes of hearing impairment is age. The degeneration of one's vital organs and senses becomes a reality for many people as the advancement of age happens, and the delicate insides of the ears are no different. Noise pollution, injury to the ear drum or any other part of the ear, as well as the movement of particles inside are only a few of the many reasons for loss of hearing. One of the many ways of dealing with long term hearing impairment is by using a hearing aid.
Read on to know how you can regain your hearing with hearing aids:
- Long Forgotten Sound: A hearing aid will help you reacquaint yourself with long forgotten and subtle sounds that you may not have been able to hear for a long time. Many times, this kind of impairment also makes us forget to notice the fact that we do not hear so many normal sounds in our everyday lives - sounds that we probably did not notice even earlier. This may include the whirring of a fan, the whoosh of the air, the pitter patter of pets' feet and so much more. A hearing aid will help in bringing about an adjustment to these sounds that you will actually end up discovering again.
- Technicalities: The hearing aid basically works by letting your hearing and ears readjust to the various volumes, intensity and vibrations that one feels when different sounds reach the ears. This helps in hearing better.
- Amplification: A hearing aid is basically an electroacoustic device that fits in neatly behind your ear where it is tucked away from plain sight. This device helps in amplifying sounds so that you can catch them and hear them more clearly.
- Modulation: The ENT specialist will usually prescribe a certain kind of hearing aid based on your individual condition in terms of volume, size, power and circulation. These factors help in modulating the sounds in a certain way so that they reach the nerve pathways from the inner ear and travel to the brain in a proper and effective way. This is usually done in a customised way to cater to the specific type and cause of your hearing loss.
Using a hearing aid is a matter of retraining your hearing rather than restoring it completely. These aids will be helpful in regaining a better sense of hearing within the condition you are going through, rather than reversing the condition completely.
I am having calcified granuloma i'm my Brain What does it mean? Is it dangerous for my body as I am a 17 years old boy!
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My 70 days old baby has watery eyes. There z solid thing from corner of eyes? Is there any problem? Or is it natural?
My daughter is 7 months old n has stopped taking mother milk. She eats semi solid food 4 times a day. At nite 2-3 times she takes mother's milk. Not in day. Should I give her formula milk in day time? I am worried coz it is too early for her to quit milk .Soon crawling n teething stage will begin n she ll need more calcium. She takes calcium, vitamin D3, iron supplements. Should I start formula milk. If yes which brand.
Everyone wants their babies to healthy and grow up to be a healthy-wealthy person. However, little they focus on this issue or are capable of giving their infants the best of medical standards. Problems show up in children early and if overlooked, may hamper their future life a lot. Constant check-ups are necessary to be it pre-birth or post the birth of a baby, and for this, a parent should always be in contact of a pediatrician.
Pediatrics is the medicinal branch that involves the health care of babies, children, and adolescents. It is recommended that people should be under pediatric care up to age 21. Pediatricians are involved with important tests that are standardized by World Health Organisation Child Growth Standards.
Stunted Growth Of Infants and Children
Also known as nutritional stunting, it is a distinctive reduced growth rate in human body development. Stunted growth is the primary manifestation of undernutrition (or malnutrition) and recurrent infections after birth and early childhood. Another main reason is the malnutrition during fetal development brought by a malnourished mother. The accurate definition of stunting according to WHO stands for the “height for age” value to be lower than two standard deviations of World Health Organisation Child Growth Standards.
In 2012, an estimated 25 percent of children under 5 years of age i.e. ~162 million children were stunted. More of this count nearing 90 percent lies only in two continents, Africa and Asia. The affected children may never regain their loss of height, and most of them will never gain the equal weight.
Apart from shorter stature, the adolescent may get hit by the greater risk of illness, delayed mental development, lowered cognitive capacity and women with stunted growth have a higher risk of complications during delivery due to the smaller pelvis, and the child could have low birth weight during birth.
Causes of Stunted growth
Apart from malnutrition and some rare genetic disorders, South Asia and most developing nations are having a higher number of stunted children due to poor maternal nutrition, poor feeding practices, and poor sanitation.
Poor breastfeeding during pregnancy and maternal nutrition could be a leading cause for the stunted growth of the child. Also, women who are suffering from anemia or are underweight during pregnancy are more likely to perpetuate the intergenerational transmitting of stunting.
Ingestion of a high number of fecal bacteria through the soiled finger in a poorly sanitized area leads to intestinal infections. This affects the nutritional status of his/her by diminishing appetite, reducing nutrition absorption and increasing nutrient loss.
Inadequate feeding, lack of vital nutrients, poor calorie intake can lead to stunted growth. Minimum requirements should be met in the diet in proper frequency to avoid malnutrition.
A Note for feeding mothers
Lactating mothers should get themselves proper nutrition, and if they are in doubt of their health should postpone the decision of having a child.
Chronic diarrhoea, Celiac disease, thyroid disorders and growth hormone deficiency also contribute, significantly, to short stature. Regular measurement of height & weight on a growth chart by a trained Pediatrician helps to pick up the lags in these vital growth and development parameters.