Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
The smell of your body acts the same way as a natural aphrodisiac will and it can entice your partner for immediate intercourse. However, if the same pleasing smell is converted into a bad odor then your sexual life with your partner would become a little objectionable. It is very imperative that we take care of personal hygiene as regards essential parts of our body to guarantee a happy as well as healthy sex life. Care should be taken that we do not mess up with cleanliness issues and to achieve a healthier comfort zone and follow a few essential tips related to personal hygiene.
General Health Tips to Be Followed
- The first and foremost hygiene tip that must be followed to avoid bad smell is to take a shower. It would make you feel fresh and provide better energy to perform the sexual act.
- It is very essential for couples who want to enjoy oral sex to wash their sexual organs properly. If the sexual organs are not washed properly your partner would be reluctant in giving you oral pleasure. Hence, proper a cleanup is a must and this must be done before and after having sex, which is obligatory even for your personal health.
- In the course of sexual acts, partners often tend to touch the body parts of their partner and if the body parts are hairy, then that too can put your partner off. It is therefore, necessary that all the brittle hair is shaved off properly, and it should be trimmed neatly. The body hair can make it uneasy for you to enjoy sex with your partner.
- The most important hygiene tip that needs to be followed is to keep your hands and nails clean. If the hands or nails are dirty, they are likely to carry harmful microbes in them and that possibly will irritate your partner as well. To feel nice and enjoy sex in a better way it is always better that body parts are cleaned properly.
- Discomfort in sex is also caused when your mouth stinks due to eating something, and your partner would feel reluctant to kiss. It is therefore, best that you brush your teeth before going to bed. The other way you can get rid of the smell is taking some mouth freshener or chewing a mint. It would help in attaining pleasant smell in your mouth.
These hygiene tips must be followed to enjoy romantic moments in your life. Moreover, it is always good to stay clean and maintain personal hygiene.
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning.
It is said that blocked fallopian tubes are the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women who are infertile. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
1. Proximal tubal occlusion
This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs after an illness like complications associated with abortion, cesarean section, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
2. Mid-segment tubal obstruction
It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
3. Distal tubal occlusion
This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter is often brought on by Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
1. Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
2. Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
3. Tubal ligation removal
4. Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
5. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
6. Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
7. Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as the ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta & rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne.
I am 21 year old boy. Height 6.2,Recently, I started Going Gym. Its about 1 month now. I have Generated Some shape but not be able to have good size. My weight is not gaining. Hence, I want to gain and have a good shape too. Can you help me out? By gvng some homemade tips?
Hi, I have digestion problem. If I take lunch, I don't feel hungry until dinner. Can you prescribe some food items which increase my hunger. My age is 60 and weight is 100 kg.
Especially common in children, but not entirely impossible in adults, Atopic Dermatitis is a type of eczema, a chronic condition that causes intensive itching and red rashes in and around areas of dry and sensitive skin. Atopic dermatitis has a tendency to flare and then subside periodically and is often accompanied by hay fever or asthma or other allergies. In more serious cases, clear, fluid-filled blisters are also formed.
Signs and symptoms normally associated with atopic dermatitis may include:
- Itching, which may be severe at nocturnal periods of the day
- Dry or cracked, scaly skin
- Reddish brown patches in almost any area of the body
- Swollen and sensitive skin after scratching
- Small, raised blisters which may leak when scratched
The exact causes of atopic dermatitis are unknown. It can, however, be related to any of the following factors:
- Dry and irritable skin
- Immune system dysfunction
- Gene variations which affect the skin’s barrier function
- Action of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, on the sensitive areas of skin
- Environmental conditions
If you have Atopic Dermatitis, you are likely to be troubled by the following complications:
- Chronic, itchy skin
- Increased risk of acquiring other skin diseases and viruses, such as the herpes simplex virus
- Asthma and hay fever
- Eye problems such as blepharitis and conjunctivitis
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Sleep disorders
- Irritant hand dermatitis
- Behavioral problems such as attention deficit or hyperactivity disorders
Treatment and drugs:
If the problem still persists even after regular moisturising and other self-care steps, you may have to take medications and prescribe to certain drugs such as:
- Anti-itching and anti-inflammatory creams
- Anti-itching oral drugs
- Anti-inflammatory oral or injected drugs
- Calcineurin inhibitors that repair the skin
- Drugs to fight infection
- Wet dressings therapy
- Light therapy
- Stress treatment therapy
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a dermatologist who can help you with an effective treatment.
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach.
Hi .I am suffering from pimples on forehead and face sides from two months that are red in color currently I am using homeopathic medicines from one week but I can't find so much relief as new pimples occur continuously my skin is also dry on checks I am using patanjali moisturiser is it good? And oriflame fash wash? Please suggest better and effective treatment.
I'm 27 years old and married for 7 months. Regular periods of 28 days. My weight is 60.8 kg height is 162 cm. I have little belly around naval. I can't reduce my weight. Will my weight affect from getting pregnant? Shall I consult a doctor now?
Sir I recently noticed that while doing push ups my left elbow was popping every time I did push ups. It felt like something is rolling up and down the side of elbow. I also noticed some tingling sensation in my fifth finger. Please tell me what should I do.
My granny is 85 years old n she's been falling ill lately she gets fever and cold very frequently, and her urine flows uncontrollable, she s diabetic and has been taking tablets. We did have a full body check up recently and nothing ws wrong and few days later she fell ill again .whats the reason for the frequent cold n fever ,and uncontrolled urination. And I fell her stomach has become bigger in size but she has lost some weight.
Is Growth on ancient ayurvedic body growth formula helps in height growth or please give me suggestion or tips to increase height after 24.
Dengue is caused from the bite of the ‘Aedes Aegypti’ mosquito. This mosquito has been known to breed and survive in tropical and subtropical regions. A waterborne disease, it causes extreme discomfort and pain, even death is a possibility. Statistics suggest that each year, the number of people afflicted with dengue is around 390 million. Out of this huge number, 96 million tend to develop severe illnesses wherein hospitalization becomes mandatory.
It is primarily caused due to the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
A mosquito becomes infected with dengue if it bites an already infected person. The disease can be transmitted to any healthy person that this infected mosquito bites next.
Living near a stagnant water body or an open drain makes you the most vulnerable to this disease. Letting water accumulate in open containers or spaces over a period of time makes it the perfect breeding ground for all types of mosquitoes.
On being infected, the symptoms generally last for around 10 days. Some of the common symptoms are:
Excruciating pain behind the eyes
Sudden high fever with chills
Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get infected
Nose bleeding, easy bruising and bleeding gums
Severe muscle and joint pain
It should be noted that these symptoms can be easily mistaken for high fever or any other viral infection. Therefore, getting tested as soon as these symptoms start appearing is very important.
If the dengue is left untreated or not treated on time, it can result in dengue haemorrhagic fever. This condition causes nose bleeding (due to damage to the blood vessels), high fever and failure of the circulatory system as well as the enlargement of liver.
Ways to prevent dengue include
Avoid storing water in containers
Wear clothes that cover your whole body, if possible
Maintain hygiene and clean your immediate surrounding frequently
Use mosquito repellent
Use a mosquito net around your bed
In worst case scenarios, death is a possibility as a result of dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock. Many countries consider dengue to be an epidemic. You need to be on complete bed rest while drinking adequate amounts of fluids if you need to recuperate from dengue.
There is no specific antiviral medication that is available for the treatment of dengue. In general, Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is usually recommended for treating fever and pain associated with dengue. Medications such as Aspirin, other salicylates and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
Apart from external factors, internal factors such as hypothyroidism, psoriasis and type 2 diabetes can also cause dry skin.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness.
Rashes in the vulva, which might be caused due to various health problems or due to irritation on skin, usually constitute all the vaginal rashes. The vaginal rashes might be the result of non infectious conditions (it might be an allergic reaction) or it might also be the result of a sexually transmitted infection. The vulva may become red and might have sores and blisters. Many times, the vulva doesn't change color at all, but visible bumps are present in the area.
The symptoms of vaginal rashes are as follows:
- Blisters or sores
- Reddening of the vulva
- Visible bumps
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Painful urination with a burning feeling
- Pain while having sex
- Lice or insects in the pubic hair
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Ulcers on the groin
Although the symptoms are not usually fatal, sometimes the conditions might become life threatening. If your body temperature rises above 101oF and if you are suffering from a severe abdominal and pelvic pain, the best option is to consult a doctor immediately.
Vaginal rashes can be due both noninfectious causes as well as due to sexually transmitted infections. Some of the infectious causes are:
- Genital herpes
- Granuloma inguinale
- Human papilloma virus
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Pubic lice
- Yeast infections
Some of the noninfectious causes are:
- Allergic reactions
- Chemical irritants like soap, lubricants, creams, etc
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Although the vaginal rashes aren't very serious in nature, you might face certain complications like infertility, secondary or tertiary syphilis, and transmitting the infection to your partner.
Vaginal rashes are usually treated with home remedies. Here are a few treatments you could try out if you are afflicted with vaginal rashes:
- Apple cider vinegar: This particular substance is known for having antifungal and antibacterial properties. It will help you get over the itching which takes place when you are suffering with a vaginal rash. If the rash is due to a fungal or bacterial infection, then apple cider vinegar will help to clear out the infection. Wash your vagina with apple cider vinegar and warm water mixture.
- Anti-bacterial talc: Anti-bacterial talc is extremely mild to the skin. It helps to cure fungal infections but this method might take some time to cure the rash.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.