Doctor in Ashutosh Clinic
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment of Osteomalacia
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Submit a review for Ashutosh ClinicYour feedback matters!
Ashutosh Clinic Feeds
Homeopathy world has currently brought unique solutions for reducing unbearable back pain. You can get speedy recovery, and on the other hand, your back muscles will also become much more flexible than ever.
Top 5 homeopathic medicines for curing back pain
- Arnica: Injured back often leads to severe back pain, and it can be well treated by this homeopathic medicine. Both recent and past back-injuries can be treated using this medicine. This medicine is absolutely safe, and thus you will not face any side-effects at all. Unwanted back stiffness and soreness within back muscles can also be minimized to a great extent with the consistent application of this medicine. Back motions can be made much more flexible by curtailing restlessness.
- Rus Tox: If you want to stop chronic condition of your back pain, then nothing can be the best option other than this medicine. Most of the homeopathic practitioners are now strongly recommending this medicine for severe cases. Only limited dosage of this medicine taken in a consistent manner can offer you more relief from your back pain, and you can get greater relaxation.
- Mag Phos: This medicine is very much useful for alleviating all kinds of back pains, and this medicine can be accompanied by external heat. Cramping muscle pains are simply unbearable and thus cannot be gotten rid of at times. In such a condition, there is no other safest alternative other than this medicine.
- Bryonia: There are some prominent symptoms of back pain, and they can be easily and efficiently alleviated by this medicine. If you have become pretty tired of applying homemade therapies, then you can try out this solution. This medicine can reduce your pain and inflammation within a few hours, and you can get back to your daily activities with great energy. Apart from taking this medicine, you have to take enough rest so that your back can get relaxed. Your back motion can be smoothened and made flexible by taking the concerned medicine.
- Kali carb: This medicine is the best back-pain solution for females. Those females who have severe back pain immediately after delivery can get greater relief from this medicine. In this case, back muscles often develop cramping pains and these pains are very much irritating, and thus you might feel disturbed. This is the reason doctors often recommend taking this medicine to fix the problem.
According to medical research, it has been found that almost 80 percent of people in this world suffer from lower back pain in their middle ages. In fact, those in the distinct field of orthopaedics or researching with spinal cord and associated problems have time and again said that lower back pain is caused due to various reasons, but no particular reason is usually found. Lower back pain on its own can be caused due to injury or muscle pull. But often it is a symptom of an accompanying health issue.
There are several reasons why a person can suffer from lower back pain. Some of these reasons are explained below.
- Body weight: Whenever you stand or sit, the entire body weight is pushed down towards your lower back. This makes your lower back withstand excessive pressure. The accurate amount of pressure would depend on the weight of the body of an individual. Hence, with so much weight concentrated in one area of the human body, it is bound to pain at times.
- Exercise: Exercise must be done under supervision. Not all exercises are perfect for every individual. Thus the trainer often customises several exercises depending upon your needs. However, if you try to practice it on your own in the absence of a trainer, then a minute mistake can cause pains in the body like lower back pains.
- Injury: Every time you play sports, you are asked to stand or sit in a proper posture to eliminate chances of getting hurt. However, at times, you still get hurt or get involved in an unfortunate accident. In such times, the lower back comes under critical condition and pains are bound to accompany it.
- Arthritis: If you suffer from arthritis, then your bones are weak enough to support your body weight. Due to this, the lower back is no longer able to support your body weight the way it used to in the past. This, along with the pain caused by the weakening of the bones, together cause lower back pain in your body. At times they are mild, but at certain times, they can be chronic as well.
These are some of the very common beliefs of why people suffer from lower back pain at least once in their lifetime. If you happen to experience such pains, then it is recommended that you consult your medical practitioner immediately to get it treated. Prolonged pain and negligence towards it can be fatal for your health.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints. These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when having pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery:
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.
Pilonidal Sinus/ Cyst is Characterized By
• Small nodular swelling in the lower spinal region with occasional discharges that may stain undergarments. Sometimes mild pain may also be noticed.
• It is usually seen in adults of college/ school going age & with hairy skin.
Pilonidal Sinus/ Cyst seldom heal with medicinal treatment. Any medication whether allopathic, Ayurvedic or homeopathic may show some temporary relief but do not eradicate the problem. In most of the patients having pilonidal sinus/ cyst, surgeons usually recommend surgical procedures like Z-plasty etc. Even after surgery the chances of recurrences are always there. Post operative pain, hospitalization and chances of recurrence are the factors which suggest that surgery is not the appropriate method of treating pilonidal sinus/ cyst.
TREATMENT OF CHOICE (AYURVEDA) -
In Ayurveda, a parasurgical treatment known as Ksharsutra therapy is an effective treatment for pilonidal sinus/ cyst. Treatment method includes proper identification of sinus tract wrt. to its depth, direction and branching pattern. This could be achieved via sinogram or skilled probing. Once the sinus tract has been properly identified, a super specialized medicated thread i.e. Graded ksharsutra™ is placed in the tract. The medicine from the medicated thread is gradually released which leads to debridement of the sinus tract which means unhealthy tissue, pus, hairs are expelled out from the tract. The proper and complete debridement of the tract induces healing of the sinus which subsequently heals. The medicine coated thread remains effective for 7-10 days after which it has to be replaced by a new thread.
Usually, in a sinus of approx. 5 cm length, 6-8 sittings of medicated thread replacement are required at a weekly interval. Ksharsutra therapy being a non surgical opd procedure doesn't involve any hospitalization or bed rest and patients can resume their routine work immediately after treatment. Graded ksharsutra™ treatment is the treatment of choice for Pilonidal Sinus as chances of recurrence are seldom seen. The facility of Graded ksharasutra™ is available only at Sushruta Anorectal Institute.
Pilonidal Sinus/ Cyst Treatment FAQs
Question 1 - What is Pilonidal Sinus/ Cyst Disease?
Answer - Pilonidal Sinus disease is seen as a small nodular swelling in the lower spinal region with occasional discharges of pus & blood. It is most commonly found in people with hairy skin. Some times mild pain may also be noticed. The main problem is that it keeps on developing again and again after short period of remission. As the problem aggravates, the size of the swelling & pus discharges also increase. It is usually not noticeable in the beginning till it keeps recurring again and again. It is advisable not to get it operated as the chances of recurrence after surgery are pretty high, where as in Ayurveda with the help of Graded ksharsutra™, this problem can be completely cured without surgery. *(There is no guarantee of specific results and the results can vary.)
Question 2 - What are the Causes of Pilonidal Sinus Disease?
Answer -Pilonidal sinus is also known as the jeep riders back problem. The problem was first recorded on a large scale during world war II in the soldiers who rode jeeps and motorbikes on a frequent basis. Though, the reason behind the occurrence of the issue is really not known it is believed that in growing hairs and hairs penetrating the skin are main cause. The problem is more common in people who have hairy skin. Home remedies for Pilonidal Sinus? Answer - Pilonidal Sinus is an infective condition usually seen in hairy skin individuals. As such there is no home remedy for Pilonidal Sinus. So instead of wasting time in searching for home remedies; you should plan for complete treatment i.e. Ksharsutra Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus as soon as possible.
Question 3 - What are the ways of identifying a Pilonidal Sinus and Recognizing Signs of Infection?
Answer -The main problem with identifying Pilonidal Sinus Infection is; it cannot be done till it grows to a certain extent. At first, it appears like a normal boil on the skin. When it does not go away with time; pus starts discharging out of it. We have demarcated a few of the signs that may help you in detecting the problem.
- Sensation of pain while sitting or standing in the low back region.
- The cyst appears swollen
- Pus and blood mixed watery discharge from the cyst
- eddened skin near the cyst
- Cyst forming again and again