Doctor in Arora Polyclinic
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Arora PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is an amazing doctor. She looks after your needs and plan the treatment accordingly. I felt great after a few sessions. She is extremely patient and listens to your problem and provide solutions effectively. Overall, I was satisfied with my treatment.
Dr Rakhi is an extremely helpful person who takes the time and effort to explain the problem in detail . She helped me get the complete picture of my problems and even gave me techniques through which I can manage my life better . Her counseling was also very helpful and insightful. Her way of talking is also so calming that you feel very comfortable in discussing all your personal issues . Thankyou so much Dr Rakhi for helping me out .
I was having this masturbation addiction,and I was not able to cope up with this problem. I consulted Dr Rakhi. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. I am really grateful as her masturbation addiction treatment has give me a ray of hope. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Arora Polyclinic.
She is very talented and seasoned doctor. Arora Polyclinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely. Never thought I will need a treatment to increase concentration like this. Someone from the office, referred us that Rakhi Anand.
I visited a complex case and right from beginning doctor showed a good understanding of whole situation. She suggests some great techniques and ideas which help you in handling the whole situation. Overall i am very happy with the treatment and would recommend her.
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are very helpful and caring. Thank you Dr. Rakhi. Ma'am this was really helpful for me I will try doing this and I will surely get back to you when I get the results.
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are well-reasoned. These days am also thinking to commit the suicide ...I am big looser in my life
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are very helpful, caring, practical and well-reasoned. Thank you madam for such a response
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakhi Anand to be sensible. U r right past memories i was abused by my parents
She explained the problem well and helped me reduce the symptoms. I am recovering well and using all her techniques
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakhi Anand to be very helpful. Thanks mam ur wards are advisible helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakhi Anand to be sensible. Justified and accurate
Dr.rakhi helped taught me stress management techniques. I m able to use them well now.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakhi Anand to be very helpful. Thanks.maam
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are inspiring. Thanks again for your help
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakhi Anand to be very helpful. Ok
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are knowledgeable. Average
Dr. Rakhi Anand provides answers that are saved my life. Hello
nice Dr. rakhi is best......
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, the death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded by people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bedtime and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel crisis as less as possible so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
1. Give Yourself a Deadline-
The time limit forces you to quickly assess the pros and cons while quickly coming to a decision. The simplicity behind this tip makes it very accessible.
2. Take Guidance from Experts-
One must ask from an expert or anyone known for help as they'll be able to share information and their experience. Gathering the facts, thoughts and options is helpful. A neutral third-party help to make decisions better.
3. Avoid involving Emotions in the Process-
Emotional thinking restricts individual to think rationally and might result in inaccurate decisions. One must try to keep their emotions aside and then think about the problem at hand.
4. List Down the Possible Solutions-
Think of as many solutions as possible and try to write them down on a piece of paper. Evaluate each solution with its pros and cons and then shortlist minimum 3-4 solutions.
5. Focus on the Present-
It’s a better focus on the present and utilizes all the energy for the task in hand, and simply try and make the best decision possible. Living in the present helps make a decision based on what will make the next step the easiest instead.
Complete wellbeing of a person comprises of multiple aspects of their health, of which emotional health and wellbeing is crucial to lead a happy life but is often neglected. To define things- emotional health, as the term suggests, is healthy thoughts, feelings and behaviors. Emotionally healthy people are more capable of keeping their relationships balanced and are better at stress management. Emotionally healthy people are also more resilient when life “knocks” them down and are better at bouncing back when life presents them with setbacks.
5 tips on improving your emotional health-
1. Identify personal strengths- For a human being to function optimally, it is of the essence for him/her to recognize their strengths and weaknesses. We often draw from our strengths and grow as people by rectifying our weaknesses. Therefore, it is important for us to identify our strengths and be effective in using them in times of dire need. Not only does knowing ourselves come in handy when we are in a difficult situation, but it also helps us understand ourselves better.
2. Set up boundaries- We often forget that it is impossible for a person to solve all problems of another person in their life. It is true we should care and try to offer help when we can, but it can perhaps be emotionally exhausting. It is also not a novelty to know that people can sometimes be so indulged in their own lives that they forget the emotional burden they put on another. It is important to set boundaries and take some time to recuperate before helping another person. It is pretty similar to what the policy is for airplane passengers- put on your own oxygen mask before putting it on for others.
3. Vocalize your feelings in a polite and calm fashion- Feelings, be it good or bad can get the best of us. Therefore, just as the title suggests it is of extreme significance to voice our feelings in a polite and calm fashion. In addition, telling your loved ones about your worries makes them aware of what you might be going through besides building a support system. Being polite and calm in your demeanor even while telling someone about the worst of something gives off a positive impression and can help in reaching a solution faster than getting angry and/or emotional. Writing what you want to say to someone also helps in getting things across in a precise manner.
4. Find some activities that help you relax- Hobbies are a great way to take out time for yourself, and to ensure quality time for personal growth outside of work hours. It is not only important for your emotional well-being but decreases stress and helps you feel happy. It aids you in keeping boredom at bay and gives you creative avenues to explore new things.
5. Build a ritual with people you love- A ritual is an activity you do with your loved ones that can serve as an anchor in difficult times. It can be evening tea with a few of your close friends every Thursday evening or attending the Sunday mass at church together. A ritual is something where you find time from your busy life to do something with a group of people who may or may not comprise of your family to find solace in having a support system that would help you navigate various situations in life.
My son had some phy logical problem he ate venlor 150 mg twice for six years he stopped this from one year and take homeopathy and ayurvedic but he has same problem like ocd over thinking fear etc what can I do wo bus ek bar pe atak jaya hai kisi person pe phir use fear lagta hai same jane se far lagta hai which specialist help him.
Here are some reasons why your marriage might not be as happy as you want it to be......
1. Lack of respect for the other’s feelings: It is essential for the couple to develop regard for each other’s feelings. Each should consciously avoid making fun of the other, especially when others are around.
2. Lack of common interests: This is another problem experienced by many couples. Their background, temperament, tastes and mental out-look differ, and the result is the activity one is interested in, does not interest the other. Life will be definitely enjoyable if two people living together share some common interests. Common interests lead to looking forward together, better sharing of views and pleasurable communication.
3. Lack of recognition of the talents of the housewife: There are so many housewives who have tremendous talents in music, fine art, writing or speaking, but unable to find encouragement. Even if they can’t distinguish themselves as professional musician or artists, they want some kind of recognition in the area in which they have talents
4. Personality clash : One factor that contributes to discord, disharmony and unhappiness is the conflict of personalities. These days husband and wife struggle to establish superiority over each other.
USEFUL TIPS TO IMPROVE MARITAL RELATIONSHIP
1. See the abundance you enjoy: Take some time to assess how much of your mental energy is focused on what is missing in your partner.
2. Give honest appreciation: Genuine and heartfelt appreciation plays a significant role in strengthening relationships. Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.
3. Demonstrate your love : It is not enough if you love a person; but the other person should feel that you love him/her. Small gifts presented occasionally will help in demonstrating love and will make the other person feel that you care for him/her.
4. Be supportive and understanding : Be supportive and understanding when your spouse has a problem.
5. Feel the value of private time : "Silence is music" goes a saying. Being together does not mean that two people must be Always communicating or transacting. Husband and wives who allow private time for themselves to do things which they like, do enrich their lives.
Family members are the primary caregivers of persons with mental illnesses. The family caregiver plays multiple roles in the care of persons with mental illness, including taking day-to-day care, supervising medications, taking the patient to the hospital and looking after the financial needs.
The family caregiver also has to bear with the behavioral disturbances in the patient. Thus, the family caregiver experiences considerable stress and burden and needs help in coping with it. The caregivers develop different kinds of coping strategies to deal with the burden.
An unhealthy coping style is likely to adversely affect the care giving function. Hence, it is important to take care of the needs of family caregivers. The caregivers caring for their patient with mental illness feel stressed, anxious and low since the illness tends to be chronic and demanding. In the long run, there may occur burnout and emotional exhaustion. The caregivers feel isolated from the society, both due to the restriction of their social and leisure activities, as well as the social discrimination and stigma attached to the mental illnesses.
Most caregivers take up the caring role in the absence of any significant knowledge about the illness. The role and demands are incorporated within the regular family responsibilities. The caregivers develop different kinds of coping strategies to deal with the burden of caregiving. A lot of trial and error may be involved in coping.
Coping mechanisms of the caregiver: It is important to understand caregivers’ coping mechanisms for tackling burden because it affects caregivers’ day-to-day functioning. The burden is a constant source of stress, and how the caregivers cope with it, affects the course of illness. The burden and the coping methods also influence the physical and mental health of the caregiver and hence their further efficacy as a caregiver.
The coping strategies can be broadly grouped into two groups: Emotion-focused and problem focused. ·
1. The emotion-focused strategies aim to diminish the negative emotional impact of the stressor, and include avoidance, denial, fatalism, or looking to religion. The emotion-focused coping has been reported to be associated with the perception of a higher burden
2. The problem focused coping refers to direct actions, which individual undertakes to change the situation. These include problem-solving or seeking social support to resolve the stress of care giving. Problem-focused and fewer emotion-focused coping strategies lead to reduced perception of burden. Problem-solving coping has been reported to be associated with better functioning
Stigmas related to mental health is not new in our society It has negative beliefs and attitudes attached towards people suffering from emotionally and mentally challenging situations. It is an additional stress for the person who is already going though a difficult time in their life.
The Indian culture has its own diverse history of practices relating to treatment of mental disorders. The stigma attached to mental disorders in India is more extensive as compared to other western countries because there is less acceptance related to mental health .We as a society need to talk about it more openly without having judgments.
Some of the ways which can be followed by people to reduce stigmatization against people suffering from mental health issues:
1.Awareness of mental illnesses :Among general population and more specifically among the family members of the patient should be the priority. Being aware is the first step in reducing these stigmas .
2.Support groups: online and offline support groups for mental health patients is a growing trend in the western countries. It provides them opportunities to share and create a non-judgmental attitude. People should feel that they are not alone and shouldn’t feel discouraged to speak about it .
3.Breaking of myths : Knowledge of actual facts is also very necessary. There are numerous myths surrounding mental illness, which prevent patients in many cases to go for treatment and therapies. Educating people on the basis of real facts about such issues helps in reducing stigma.
4.Labeling:We should try and be more empathetic towards people suffering a mental health disorder. Labeling people or giving them titles of “schizophrenic”, “depressed” without adequate knowledge and diagnosis does more harm than help. It decreases people’s self-esteem and self- confidence and they become more helpless.
5.Equality:People suffering from mental illnesses should be treated as equal members of the society. Just as the needs of physical patients ,appropriate services should available for such people as well.
I have a friend who is very stressed in his life lately. He couldn't calm himself and because of this stress, he can't even sleep. His decisions are changing very frequently and don't want to listen anyone s advice. He is 28 years old and facing stress mostly regarding his job. How to help him calm his mind?
Giving birth to a baby should make a mother ecstatic but in many cases, this can lead to post-natal depression. This can include crying spells, mood swings, insomnia and anxiety. Post-natal depression can begin a few days after delivery and can continue for a few weeks post-delivery. In some cases, this depression can become a long-lasting condition known as post-partum depression. Hence it is important to be able to manage these feelings.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat right: Giving your body the right nutrition can help improve your mental health and prevent mood swings. Keep away from processed foods and eat fresh wholesome meals. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Get a massage: New mothers often find it hard to sleep and this can aggravate post-natal depression. A massage is a great way to soothe tired muscles and calm the mind. Massages can also help the body recover from the strain of childbirth. Using certain oils can further intensify the benefits of a massage.
- Meditate: Meditation can be very beneficial for post-natal depression. The best time to meditate is as soon as you wake up. A mere 5-10 minutes of meditation can help calm the mind and give you the strength to get through the day.
- Counselling: If you feel yourself spiralling downwards, you must ask for help. A counsellor can understand what you are going through and can give you the tools you need to fight against it. Counsellors can also help you set realistic goals for yourself and teach you ways to respond to situations. In some cases, family therapy for you and your spouse could also help.
- Join a support group: Understand that you are not alone. Post-natal depression is a common condition faced by many young mothers. Joining a new mothers group can help you come to terms with the change in your life and help you deal with situations in a better way.