Doctors for Heart Pain During Exercise in Dehradun
ratings and reviews)
HEART PAIN DURING EXERCISE
Chest pain may be caused by poor blood flow to the heart leading to angina or by a sudden blockage in the coronary arteries resulting in a heart attack. Other causes of chest pain include indigestion, reflux, muscle strain, inflammation in the rib joints near the breastbone and herpes zoster or shingles. Depending on its cause, chest pain may be:
• A tight, squeezing, or crushing sensation
HOW IS HEART PAIN DURING EXERCISE DIAGNOSED?
The various tests that are included for the diagnosis are:
• ECG - electrical tracing of the heart activity
• Blood Tests - to measure markers from the heart and other organs
• Chest X-ray - to look at the lungs, heart and major blood vessels of the chest
• Exercise stress test (on an exercycle or treadmill) may be arranged. It is not always easy to diagnose the cause of chest pain.
HOW IS HEART PAIN DURING EXERCISE TREATED?
Consult doctor immediately if the pain persists as it can be due to a heart disease. Don’t take a wait-and-see approach or try to push through your workout.
DID YOU KNOW?
You can do many exercises to strengthen your heart and avert any heart related disease.