Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. A. C. RamolaYour feedback matters!
I have a eyes problem I cannot see the far objects and whn I remove my specks I see the objects blur.
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and care:
Causes: May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and Irritant substances such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools. Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people. Infectious conjunctivitis can be transmitted from person to another.This can be prevented from transmission by frequent hand wash and cleaning the common use materials like TV remote, mobiles and laptop keyboards. Avoid shaking hands with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments
Vascular: The diseases can be caused in patients with uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension and other systemic diseases, macular degeneration etc. It can be treated with anti-VEGF injections for further progression and loss of vision.
Glaucoma: In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time.
Causes: Occurs due to poor pressure control modalities within the eyes . The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve. Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated. Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
Ocular Migraine: This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
Causes: Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems. Also occurs from regular migraines. temporary blurred vision is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina. This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion: This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
Causes: Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease. The blood flow to the retina is restricted. Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
Causes: Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain. Caused from muscle disorders. Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc. Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
So one should go for regular eye check ups to keep all these diseases away to prevent serious visual loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I have a cold problem from last 2 years after lots of check ups I came to know it's sinus Please suggest me measures to be away or healthy from it headache, cough and red eye are some serious problems.
Hi i have Bottom part of my eyes getting darker day by day. Usually I sleep more than 5 hrs. How get rid of this problem?
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury.
Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.