Doctor in Nanda Hospital
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Nanda HospitalYour feedback matters!
Do you know about the various benefits of yoga for your body and health? Yoga is the answer for a lot of aspects which everyone desires, such as a peaceful mind, a strong and flexible body and a healthy, glowing skin. It is commonly perceived that yoga aims at weight loss, but there are numerous benefits, which you can get by practicing yoga regularly. Here are the various ways in which yoga is ideal for your everyday life. It covers lots of aspects associated with your health and body functioning.
Yoga for overall fitness
You need to be physically fit, as well as perfectly balanced emotionally and mentally. This ensures that you are healthy in the true sense. Health is like a dynamic expression of life based on how happy, loving and enthusiastic you are in life. The various postures of yoga help in maintaining overall fitness, and balance both your mind and body in an ideal way.
- It helps in improving health.
- It gives you enhanced strength of mind.
- Your physical power and stamina gets boosted.
- Your body is perfectly detoxified.
Yoga for weight loss
Yoga is excellent for weight loss purposes. The Kapalbhati Pranayama and the Sun Salutations are effective yoga practices, which help you to lose excess weight. With regular yoga practice for a long time, you become extra sensitive to the types of food your body demands. This is effective for keeping a check on your weight.
Yoga for stress relief
Some minutes of yoga every day is a good way of eliminating stress that you experience in daily life. It refers to both physical and mental stress. Certain yoga postures, meditation, and Pranayama are ideal practices for getting rid of stress.
Yoga and inner peace
In today’s hectic world and the hustle bustle of daily life, every person desires some peace. This peace can be found within your own self and you do not always need to escape to the mountain to breathe freely. Practicing yoga regularly will give you immense inner peace, which is equivalent to a mini holiday to some nice, serene place. Yoga is very essential for calming your disturbed and troubled mind.
Moreover, yoga poses massage your organs and help in strengthening your muscles. The various breathing exercises and meditation forms associated with yoga are great for releasing unwanted, undesirable stress from your system. This, in turn, improves your immune system and prevents you from getting affected by frequent diseases and health conditions.
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women-s gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB as it is popularly called can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis - Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy - Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps - Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding
- Infections - General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding
- Cancers - Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding. Diagnostic methods could include the following:
For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy.
For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient.
Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer - this would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases.
So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after ayear of menopause, do not ignore it.
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. Lack of affection has been generally identified as the primary cause why people stray.
However there are other reasons too that cause infidelity. Some of them are:
The person who is held responsible for going astray may actually be the victim of bad judgement and an impulsive decision. There may not be anything wrong with the marriage but momentary attraction and a rash decision are possible reasons that lead a person astray.
Search for an emotional connect
A lack of emotional connect with the partner can be a possible reason for infidelity. An unquenchable thirst for attention and the need to be flattered as well finding an emotional connect with a new person causes infidelity.
Though the most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship, there are ways one that helps one to overcome infidelity. Some of them are as follows:
Ending the affair immediately
The first and foremost step that you must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
Willingness to compromise
Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it as well have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also use the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist through prolonged discussions and sound counsels can avert the possible ending of the relationship.
Married for months and years and yet no intercourse? You are not alone! (This should be the heading) Mr. and Mrs. S. were married for over 2 years now. It was an arranged marriage and the couple were getting along well. The only issue bothering them was that despite trying in many different ways, sexual intercourse has not taken place between them. It appeared that initially the wife was afraid of penetration, has experienced pain when the husband tried to penetrate, avoided sex as much as possible, consulted several doctors and gynecologists and followed their suggestions.
Finally, when Mrs. S was mentally and physically ready for intercourse, the husband, Mr. S started experiencing erectile dysfunction. He says his erections are good when he is alone, or even when he indulges in foreplay, but loses erection the moment he tries to take the penis near the vagina.
The result? The marriage is unconsummated, that is, intercourse has not yet happened between the couple.
Unconsummated marriage is not a rare thing. Quite a few couples experience it, though the exact prevalence is not known. Usually it is expected to be more prevalent in cultures with no or limited sex education / premarital guidance. For some, the problem resolves in a few weeks, for others it takes years on end. I have seen several couples who were unconsummated for 6-8 years and at least one couple who were married for 18 years. It does not mean that the problem is so complex! It only means the couple have taken so long to pluck up the courage to seek professional help and to strictly follow the therapist's suggestions.
Whether a couple is married or not, when they are unable to accomplish vaginal penetration, the relationship may be impacted in profound ways. It depends on how much each one loves, cares and supports the other, or how much each distrusts and finds fault with the other.
- Some try every position, lubricant, anesthetic, tranquilizer or the advice of a well-wisher and rate the outcome as success or failure.
- Some may altogether avoid intercourse or even other sexual activities.
- Some engage in all other intimate sexual activities including mutual masturbation or superficial sex (sex between the thighs) but preclude attempts to penetration.
- Yet others resort to the blame game, accusing the other for the failure. - Nevertheless, all unconsummated couples feel distressed, except those who enjoy satisfying sexual life, albeit without intercourse. Marital distress may in some cases lead to disputes between the couple, their families, and eventual annulment of marriage.
- Some people seek immediate consultation when they notice the problem, but many delay it for weeks to years out of embarrassment. Many a time, the couples seek professional help only when their urge to conceive surmounts embarrassment. Yet others consult only when their relationship comes under threat.
Why does it happen?
Unconsummated marriage can result from physical problems as well as psychological causes.
Causes in women:
2) Past painful experiences
3) Sexual pain disorders such as localized vulvodynia (vulvar vestibulitis syndrome), which is characterized by pain with touch at the entry to the vagina, which can prevent intercourse.
4) Some women have a very thick hymen, or a septate hymen, which vertically separates the vagina into two sides.
5) Vaginismus - a condition in which the muscles surrounding the vaginal opening contract involuntarily and close the opening tightly, making the penetration impossible. This is a psychosexual condition requiring counseling and behavior therapy.
In the male:
1) Erectile dysfunction can prevent intercourse. If it has a physiological basis, it may be treated medically.
2) Too early ejaculation (ejaculating before penetration)
3) curvature of the penis (if the curvature is mild, it can be dealt with through creative positioning. In more severe cases, medical or surgical treatment may be needed).
4) Severe anxiety and being over protective.
1) Lack of knowledge about sexual anatomy, physiology and sexual positions & techniques may contribute to the inability to penetrate.
2) One or both of the partners may have mobility problems or difficulty getting in to or maintaining a position.
How is the problem treated?
Most of these conditions can be addressed with appropriate information, guidance, counseling and physical therapy, including use of vaginal dilators. A septate hymen needs surgical repair. Anxiety and fear have to addressed. Pain due to infections or deformities need to be treated. Male erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation require treatment.
Couples in unconsummated relationships of long duration, may need couples-therapy. Premarital education and counseling can go a long way in reducing the number of unconsummated marriages and the resulting distress and marital problems.
Antibiotics have been the bed rock of modern medicine. Modern medicine (cancer chemotherapy, placement of implants, joint replacement, transplant) have been based on the premise that infections could be treated. But today these magic bullets are beaten by bacteria & we are facing antibiotic resistance as a global threat. To save them, we must use antibiotics only when needed, also use a narrower spectrum possible & for the right dose and duration. Most Upper respiratory tract infections or diarrhoea may be viral and may not require antibiotics.
Antibiotics, earlier referred as wonder drugs, are derived from bacterium and are used to cure bacterial infections. These antibiotics cannot be used to cure viral infections. Therefore, they must be used only when prescribed by any physician. Ever since its inception, antibiotics have gained importance in medicinal field. Other than curing bacterial infection, they have also been widely used in preventing an infection.
Below is the list of some commonly used antibiotics along with their usage-
- PENICILLINS- It is one of the earliest antibiotics to be discovered. Penicillin finds its use in curing ear infections, dental infections, skin infections, gonorrhea and urinary tract infections. If combined with beta-lactamase inhibitors, penicillin gets shielded by the attack of other damaging bacterium enzymes.
- AMINOGLYCOSIDES- This antibiotic is majorly used in treating pneumonia, typhus etc. This particular antibiotic comes with its own array of side-effects like damage to kidneys and ears. Therefore, it must be injected only if prescribed.
- SULFONAMIDES- These sulfa drugs are pivotal in curing kidney infections. They too have side effects. Excessive intake of sulfa drugs can hamper the functioning of your kidneys.
- FLUOROQUINOLONES- This antibiotic is used in treating urinal tract infections, skin infections and several kind of respiratory diseases like bronchitis, sinusitis and pneumonia. Owing to its side effects, this drug must not be given to children and pregnant ladies. Higher dosage may lead to a severe kind of nerve impairment, known as peripheral neuropathy. Additionally, they may also hinder bone growth.
- CEPHALOSPORINS- Alongside its usage in surgical prophylaxis, Cephalosporin can also be used in curing bronchitis, pneumonia, step throat, otitis, tonsillitis, gonorrhea etc.
- MACROLIDES- Macrolides serve as an alternative drug to penicillin. It can be used to treat all sort of respiratory infections, genital infections and gastrointestinal infections. Excessive intake of macrolides can cause gastrointestinal problems.
- TETRACYCLINES- Tetracyclines can be a remedy for malarial infections, syphilis and chlamydial infections. Additionally, they are also used for curing Rocky Mountain spotted fever, respiratory tract infections, Lyme disease, urinary tract infections, typhus and sexually transmitted disease. Due to its side-effects, they must not be consumed by children and pregnant ladies.
ANTIBIOTICS USED FOR ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS-
As mentioned earlier, antibiotics can also be used for preventing any infection while undergoing any kind of surgery. Antibiotic Prophylaxis is usually used when the patient is going to have breast surgery or joint replacement surgery or pacemaker surgery or cataract surgery or glaucoma surgery. Such medical procedures make the patient body highly prone to infections. Therefore, antibiotics are used to safeguard the patient's organs.
The abovementioned applications of antibiotics highlight its importance. But since the antibiotics have their side-effects, so it is advisable to undertake antibiotics only after consulting any physician.
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain.
आजकल के युवाओं में बॉडी बनाने को लेकर बहुत उत्सुकता होती है. कई बार बॉडी बनाने के चक्कर में लोग परेशानी में भी पड़ जाते हैं. इसलिए ये आवश्यक है कि बॉडी बनाने को लेकर थोड़ा सावधान रहा जाए और ऐसे तरीके अपनाया जाए जिससे नुकसान होने की संभावना कम हो. आप आवश्यक पोषक तत्वों की कमी के कारण भी कमजोर महसूस कर सकते हैं जैसे कमजोर प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली, अत्यधिक शराब पीना, भोजन छोड़ना, भावनात्मक तनाव और बहुत शारीरिक श्रम आदि. कई सरल घरेलू उपाय भी आपकी ऊर्जा को बढ़ावा दे सकते हैं और आपकी शक्ति को बहाल कर सकते हैं.
आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से हम बॉडी बनाने के घरेलू उपायों को जानें.
बादाम में विटामिन ई प्रचुर मात्रा में होती हैं जो आपको ऊर्जांवित करता हैं और शरीर में स्फूर्ति जगाती हैं. इसके अलावा बादाम में मैग्नीशियम की प्रोटीन, फैट और कार्बोहाइड्रेट को ऊर्जा स्रोतों में बदलने में एक अच्छी भूमिका निभाती है. मैग्नीशियम की हल्की कमी कुछ लोगों में कमजोरी का कारण हो सकती है.
बॉडी बनाने के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण तरीकों में से एक संतुलित आहार पर निर्भर रहें. अंडे प्रोटीन, आयरन, विटामिन ए, फोलिक एसिड, राइबोफ्लेविन और पैंटोफेनीक एसिड जैसे पोषक तत्वों से भरपूर हैं. हर दिन अंडे का सेवन करें. आप उबले हुए अंडे, पनीर या हरी सब्जियों के साथ एक आमलेट या एग सैंडविच खा सकते हैं.
दूध को महत्वपूर्ण बी विटामिन का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत माना जाता है जो कमजोरी को कम करने के लिए जाना जाता है. इसके अलावा यह कैल्शियम का एक अच्छा स्रोत है जो आपकी हड्डियों और मांसपेशियों को मजबूत करता है.
मुलेठी एक और जड़ी बूटी है जो कमजोरी के विभिन्न लक्षणों से लड़ती है. यह जड़ी बूटी प्राकृतिक रूप से शरीर द्वारा निर्मित एड्रिनल हार्मोन को प्रेरित किया जिससे आपकी ऊर्जा और चयापचय को बढ़ावा मिलता है.
केले सुक्रोज़, फ्रुक्टोज और ग्लूकोज जैसे प्राकृतिक शर्करा का एक बड़ा स्रोत है जो आपको त्वरित और पर्याप्त ऊर्जा को बढ़ावा दे सकते हैं. इसके अलावा केले में पोटेशियम है, एक खनिज जिसे आपके शरीर को शक्कर से ऊर्जा में बदलने की जरूरत है. केले में मौजूद फाइबर आपके रक्त में ग्लूकोज स्तर को बनाए रखने में भी मदद करता है.
नियमित व्यायाम और सरल शारीरिक गतिविधियां आपकी सहनशक्ति को मजबूत करती हैं और आपकी मांसपेशियों की ताकत बढ़ाती है. सुबह का समय व्यायाम के लिए सबसे अच्छा होता है. दैनिक रूप से 15 मिनट के लिए वार्म अप और स्ट्रेचिंग आपको ताज़ा और ऊर्जावान रखेंगी. योग और ध्यान भी आपके ऊर्जा के स्तर को उच्च रखने के लिए एक बढ़िया तरीका है.
स्ट्रॉबेरी पूरे दिन आपको ऊर्जावान रख सकते हैं. ये विटामिन सी और एंटीऑक्सिडेंट से भरे हुए हैं जो शरीर के ऊतकों की रिपेयर में मदद करते हैं, प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाते हैं और मुक्त कणों की क्षति से रक्षा करते हैं. इसके अलावा, आपको स्ट्रॉबेरी से मैंगनीज, फाइबर और पानी की एक स्वस्थ खुराक मिलती है.
मैंगो एक मीठा और रसदार फल है जिसमें एक अच्छी मात्रा में विटामिन, खनिज और एंटीऑक्सिडेंट होते हैं. आम आहार फाइबर, पोटेशियम, मैग्नीशियम और तांबे का भी एक उत्कृष्ट स्रोत हैं. इसके अलावा, मैंगो में मौजूद लोहा शरीर में लाल रक्त कोशिका की संख्या को बढ़ाकर मुकाबला करने में मदद कर सकता है. इसके अलावा, मैंगो में स्टार्च होता है, जो कि चीनी में परिवर्तित होता है जो आपको तत्काल ऊर्जा प्रदान करता है.
निर्जलीकरण की वजह से थकान हो सकती है, इसलिए हाइड्रेटेड रहने के लिए बहुत सारा पानी, रस, दूध या अन्य तरल पेय पदार्थ पीते रहें. फलों के रस में विटामिन ए, स, और बी 1 आप को ऊर्जावान करते हैं.
यह एक स्पर्श चिकित्सा है जिसमें शरीर को पुनर्जीवित करने के लिए शरीर के कुछ विशिष्ट बिंदुओं पर दबाव का उपयोग किया जाता है. भौंह के बीच, कंधे की मांसपेशियों में लोअर नैक की साइड में 1-2 इंच, घुटने के नीचे, छाती के बाहरी भाग पर, नाभि के नीचे तीन उंगली की चौड़ाई के बिंदुओं पर दबाव डालने से सामान्य कमजोरी से छुटकारा पा सकते हैं.
आंवला एक उच्च पौष्टिक फल है जो आपके ऊर्जा स्तर को सुधार सकता है. यह विटामिन सी, कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन, लोहा, कार्बोहाइड्रेट और फास्फोरस का एक अच्छा स्रोत है. रोजाना सिर्फ एक आंवला खाने से आप अपनी कमजोर प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत कर सकते हैं.
कॉफी में मौजूद कैफीन मस्तिष्क को सक्रिय करता है और आप में तत्काल ऊर्जा को बढ़ावा देता है. कॉफी पीने से कोई नुकसान नहीं होता है जब तक आप इसे कम मात्रा में पीते हैं. ऊर्जावान महसूस कराने के अलावा, यह आपके चयापचय दर में सुधार कर सकती है, धीरज बढ़ा सकती है, फोकस में सुधार कर सकती है और दर्द कम कर सकती है. प्रति दिन दो कप कॉफी से ज्यादा पीना न पिएं. इसके अधिक सेवन से चिंता और अनिद्रा जैसी जोखिम बढ़ सकते हैं.
Vaginal Vault Prolapse is the condition where the upper portion of vagina may lose its normal shape and drop or sag down into the vaginal canal or maybe even outside the vagina. This may occur after a hysterectomy or even simultaneously with uterine prolapse.
The treatment of vaginal vault prolapse varies with the severity and extremity of your symptoms. Your health care provider may suggest medications and physical therapy to treat your condition if you feel that the prolapse is not bothersome. However, you might have to undergo surgery later if your symptoms worsen and the prolapse affects your quality of life and hinders functional ability. You must keep in mind that usually more than one area is affected by weakness in your pelvic floor.
The symptoms of Vaginal Vault Prolapse include- backache, pelvic heaviness, bulging mass into or sometimes outside your vagina that hinders normal activities such as walking and sitting, vaginal bleeding and releasing urine involuntarily.
Most of the women with this condition usually go through menopause around the same time. Since the estrogen levels are severely lowered during menopause, it causes vaginal dryness. Discussing about estrogen therapy with your health care provider is a must if you wish to remedy your vaginal dryness. Not every woman should take estrogen so it is imperative to talk to a medical expert first. Usually women are treated with estrogens before they go into surgery.
2. Physical Therapy
Most health care experts recommend pelvic floor exercises as physical therapy using biofeedback so as to strengthen the specific muscles of your pelvic floor. Biofeedback is the usage of monitoring devices that contain sensors and are placed either in your rectum, vagina or on your skin. Biofeedback is very important because it tells you the strength of each muscle you are squeezing i.e. contractions, and if you are squeezing the right muscles in order to perform the exercise correctly. Long term usage of biofeedback in physical therapy leads to strengthening of your muscles and a reduction in your symptoms.
Corrective surgery may be performed on you by the surgeon either through the abdomen or vagina. If the surgeon is performing the corrective surgery through the vagina, he will use the ligaments which support the uterus to solve the problem.
There is nothing more stressful to a patient and a caring gynaecologist than to face repeated IVF failure or recurrent pregnancy loss following IVF. So to advice couples who have failed one or more attempts, to keep on trying over and over and over; is not an easy job. Here, one can find solution in Ayurvedic treatment. Ayurveda, through its medicines, diet & lifestyle modifications and panchakarma raises a new hope after IVF failure. Ayurvedic treatment enhances success rate of Artificial Reproductive Techniques (IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET) or increases chance of natural conception as per cause of infertility.
What is Infertility?
Infertility is Inability to conceive even after one year of unprotected coitus or inability to carry pregnancy till full term. There are many causes of infertility; such as tubal block, PID, Endometriosis, PCOD in women and low sperm count, low sperm motility in men. When there is severe tubal disease, severe egg factors, failed IUI treatments, severe male factors, unexplained infertility, grade III & IV endometriosis; Test tube baby is suggested.
What is test tube baby? IVF (In-Vitro-Fertilization)?
It is a laboratory procedure in which processed sperm are either placed with oocyte (IVF) or injected into oocyte (ICSI) in a petridish to achieve fertilization. The resultant embryos are transferred into woman's uterus for implantation.
What are causes of IVF failure?
- To work out on IVF failures, we should focus on causes of failure.
- One of the most common causes of IVF failure is Abnormal Embryo. Abnormal embryo can be formed due to abnormal egg (oocyte) or abnormal sperm or if both are abnormal.
- Another common cause is Implantation failure. Endometrium preparation and its receptivity are more important for implantation of an embryo. Endometrium should be 6 mm or more in thickness preferably 8-10 mm. To know details about endometrium preparation, Color Doppler should be done. It has also been observed that when pregnancy is achieved in absence of endometrial and sub-endometrial flow on the day of embryo transfer (ET), more than half of pregnancy will finish as spontaneous miscarriage.
- IVF cycle can be cancelled even before Ovum Pick Up due to Poor Ovarian Response, in which very few or no follicle growth is seen even after fertility injections.
- Most neglected but important cause is Pre-treatment STRESS.
HOPE IN AYURVEDA:
According to Ayurveda, four factors are essential for conception; namely seed (oocyte and sperm), soil (reproductive track), season (fertile period) and water (nutrition).
Ayurvedic fertility treatments regularize metabolism of body, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, improve endometrium lining & receptivity, increase egg and sperm quality and relieve stress.
Womb preparation treatment of Ayurveda enhances success rate of IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET.
Womb Preparation Treatments:
Ayurvedic herbs and medicinal preparations act as natural tonic to male and female reproductive organs. They maintain biological clock of menstruation; hence hormonal imbalance is corrected. They also help in making most potent and healthy sperm & ovum and eventually a healthy pregnancy.
Ayurveda can treat infertility by Panchakarma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Vaman, Virechan, Nasya using different Ayurvedic formulations as per cause of infertility & failure of IVF and according to body constitution of patient.
- Basti acts on vata predominantly. It increases strength of reproductive organs
- Uttarbasti is an intrauterine instillation of sterile medicated oil or ghee. It acts on endometrial receptors
- Vamana and Virechana detox the whole body and improves digestive fire for proper nourishment of reproductive hormones and organs
- Yoniprakshalana (Irrigation of vulva and vagina with warm decoction) and Pichudharan (Insertion of a sterile tampoon soaked in medicated ghee or oil in posterior fornix of vagina) are also helpful in infertility
According to Ayurveda; A Cheerful mind forms the basis of pregnancy; so relaxing panchakarma procedures like massage, steam, head massage, Shirodhara are done to reduce stress and its impact on infertility treatments.
Like other fertility treatments, Ayurvedic treatment does not depend only on medicines. In fact, it ensures that patient follows a strict diet rules as per Ayurveda and avoids spicy and salty food. The proper food can help to provide proper nutrition to reproductive organs.
Nowadays infertility has become a part of lifestyle diseases. Ayurvedic Doctor can guide you to modify lifestyle according to your body constitution (Dinacharya) and seasonal variations (Rutucharya). It is always better to avoid cigarette smoking, tobacco and alcohol as they reduce fertility. Exercise is an inevitable part of lifestyle. One should learn exercise, yogasana (e.g. Surya Namaskara, Gomukhasan, Sarvangasan, Pavanmuktasan, Ardhamatsyandrasan, Naukasan, Dhanurasan, Shalabhasan etc.) and Pranayam from an experienced teacher.
A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.
Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.
Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.
Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-
Persistent physical exhaustion.
Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.
Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.
Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.
Inadequate rest and sleep.
Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.
Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.
Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.
Light but regular exercising.
Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.
Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.
Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.
Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.
Maintain an optimum body weight.
In case of missed periods for over 2 months, do a home pregnancy check up.
Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life.