B.A.M.S., M.D.(A.M), EX-M.R.C.G.P., EX-M.R.S.H., EX-M.S.I.E.C.U.S, EX-M.S.S.S.S.
A man said to be suffering from Erectile Dysfunction (ED) when he fails to develop or maintain an erection. There are a lot of factors which are responsible for the condition such as obesity, diseases like diabetes and kidney failure, intake of certain drugs, neurogenic disorders, aging, surgery and smoking. These are the primary causes of this condition.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction:
1. Relieving sexual anxiety: Telling your partner before you make love that you have this anxiety, and the feelings it causes. As a result, your partner will understand, and the two of you can work on it together. You can reduce some worries by being more giving with foreplay, even if your sexual performance isn't what you or your partner wanted, your partner will still be satisfied. Consider regular exercise which brings confidence in your body as your energy is also an important part of overcoming sexual anxiety.
2. Kegel exercises: Pelvic exercises, involving the portion of the body between your waist and thighs, are commonly known as Kegel exercises. Three months of Kegel exercises twice a day can help significantly improve your erection ability which strengthens the penile muscle. They also promote urinary control.
3. Walking: Just 30 minutes of walking a day is linked to 41% drop in risk for ED. Moderate exercise can help restore sexual performance in obese middle-aged men with ED.
4. Avoid excessive alcohol: Chronic heavy drinking of alcohol can cause liver damage, nerve damage, and other conditions, interfering with the normal balance of male sex hormone (androgens) levels ultimately leading to ED.
5. Intake of l-arginine: l-arginine, an amino acid, which is naturally present in the body and helps make nitric oxide, supports a successful erection. Nitric oxide is responsible for making the blood vessels relax, which helps sustain an erection for men.
6. Attention towards vascular health and making body slim: High blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides can all damage arteries in the penis along with heart and brain thereby leading to ED. Maintaining a trim waistline is a good defence for ED, as men with a 42-inch waist are 50% more likely to develop ED in comparison to people with 32-inch waistline.