Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietitics, N.D.D.Y, B.Ed Yoga, Post Graduation Diploma in Yoga Therphy
Teenage, adolescence, motherhood and old age - a woman goes through many phases in her life with bodily and emotional changes as a constant companion. In the midst of juggling between roles and responsibilities, do not overlook the health issues that crop up in any phase. Issues like PCOS, irregular periods, infertility are inreasingly troubling most women. Spending few minutes a day doing Yoga will help you deal with most of the health problems.
Here are 10 yoga poses that must be practiced daily.
1) Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - A top-notch upper body strengthener, this pose helps in strengthening hamstrings, calves and thighs. Since your hips are higher than your heart in this pose, it increases blood circulation.
2) Butterfly pose (Baddhakonasana) - Best asana for pregnant women, it helps in smooth delivery. Butterfly asana should be practiced preferably after first trimester. Practice daily for healthy reproductive system, curing menstruation problem, improved flexibility in the groin and in the hip region.
3) Plank pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) - Plank pose is the simplest yet most effective to help strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, quadriceps.
4) Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana) - This pose will help you attain long, lean, toned arms and legs by stretching hips, inner thighs, chest. It strengthens quadriceps, abdomen, shoulders and builds a firmer core.
5) Boat pose (Naukasan) - If you want to strengthen your core and quadriceps, this pose will give you maximum results.
6) Tree pose (Vrikshasana) - The tree pose stretches hips, inner thighs, legs, spine, core. It also helps you stay calm and attain positive frame of mind.
7) Child’s pose (Balasana) - The pose is great for pelvic region. It opens hips and relieves tightness in the lower back. It stretches hips, quads and back.
8) Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana) - Bridge pose is excellent for stretching front part of the body. It opens up the chest and ribcage that helps more oxygen to flow in your body. Builds strong hamstrings and glutes.
9) Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) - The bow pose eases menstruation disorders. It is very effective in weight loss, digestion and fixes appetite. Gastrointestinal problems would no longer remain a worry.
10) Garland pose (Malasana) - The pose strengthens pelvic muscles, stretches lower back, groin, hips, ankles. This lower squat pose will help you relieve constipation and cramps.