Doctor in Diva Ayurveda Sreeshylam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Diva Ayurveda SreeshylamYour feedback matters!
If there is an excessive accumulation of fat within the human body than what is actually needed to perform certain functions ( that is more than 30% body fat in females and 25% in males), chances are you might be suffering from a chronic disorder called obesity or excessive weight gain.
Common causes for weight gain
There can be a lot of reasons which may cause you to gain the extra kilos. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, suffer from depression, PCOS (in women), consume fat-rich foods or junk foods excessively, it can also lead to weight gain.
The threat of obesity
Obesity is a major evil in the world today, as it is responsible for the deaths of millions all across the world. If not treated immediately, obesity can lead to further complications like heart disorders or asthma, among a plethora of problems.
Role of homeopathy in treating obesity
Homeopathy can provide an effective cure for obesity. However, you must keep in mind that the dosage should be followed up with the appropriate amount of physical exercises and a balanced diet and should be taken only after consulting with your homeopathic practitioner. The homeopathic preparations help in the stimulation of body metabolism to burn the excessive fat. The most effective homeopathic preparations to cure obesity are as follows:
- Antimonium Crudum: This homeopathic preparation is effective in treating obesity in children or teenagers. The symptoms where this medication is prescribed are discolored nails, an abnormal craving for salt and extreme irritation. There can be appearances of thick white layers in the tongue among children suffering from the condition.
- Nux Vomica: This homeopathic preparation provides effective cure to obesity caused due to leading a sedentary lifestyle for a long time. If there are symptoms of chronic constipation or sensitivity towards cold weather, this preparation is highly recommended.
- Lycopodium: If you are suffering from excessive weight gain in the thigh region or the buttock areas along with the symptoms of constipation, craving for sweet dishes among others, a prescribed dosage of Lycopodium might show marked improvement. Patients suffering from the condition might also show symptoms of irritation and sudden anger.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic preparation is particularly useful in treating obesity caused due to depression. In this condition, the patient might also show symptoms of rapid mood changes.
- Graphite: This homeopathic preparation is an effective cure for women suffering from obesity due to menopause. The affected woman might show symptoms of chronic constipation and extreme sensitivity towards cold air. From an emotional viewpoint, the woman might show symptoms of recurrent sadness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Exfoliation/Chemical peel of superficial layer of the skin for facial rejuvenation has been a common practice for ages. Many of us know that Cleopatra used sour milk to maintain glow on her face. Exfoliation of the superficial layer of the skin leads to removal of dead cells, lightening of pigmentation, elimination of fine wrinkles (to a particular extent in certain age groups) and also reduction in the severity of acne.
The principle behind Chemical peeling is that Injury to the skin is caused at the required depth, allowing regeneration to take place, without causing permanent scarring. Regeneration of skin occurs with improved texture, reduced pigmentary irregularities and good cosmetic results.
Once the client is ready for the procedure, the face is cleaned with a cleanser. Ice pack is applied over the face for few minutes. Peel is applied for the desired time. During the procedure, mild burning sensation may be perceived. After washing the face, burning sensation reverses to normalcy. Ice pack is reapplied. Adequate moisturizer and sunscreen is applied before walking out in the sun.
Following are the indications for Chemical peel: Acne, Pigmentation, Melasma, Fine Lines, Freckles. We, at SUDEH always strive to give the best possible results with the most advanced technology and the most suited treatment as per the individual needs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round.
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut that is frustrating and mind numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and lead a more fulfilling life. Before getting to how to reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside body. That is why mind controls body. It is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The Three States of Mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
Actions that need you to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind. The subconscious mind refers to information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks. The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled.
Unconscious mind also contains memories from past lives. That has been proved by father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Embedding positive cognitive scripts / suggestions through hypnosis helps in reprogramming mind.
A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind. The memories stored in our unconscious mind are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs. Thus, training the unconscious can help reprogram the mind and make it more productive.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious more efficient.
- Meditation: Meditation not only calms the mind and reduces stress, but can also help train the unconscious mind. Meditation helps increase your ability to concentrate on an activity and achieve the desired level of mental focus. This, in turn, helps develop new ideas and increases your belief in yourself.
- Visualize what you want to achieve: Merely telling yourself that you want to do better is not enough. You need to set a goal for yourself and visualize it to begin working towards it. Create a visual board of the type of house you would like to live in, the lifestyle you would like to have, the job you would like to have etc. avoid generalized visions and be specific about what you want.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy is a safe, brief and effective way to deal with many emotional and anxiety-related issues, such as those listed on the right. It enables you to deal with your own mental challenges and blocks, so that you can build on your strengths and take control of your life.
Looking good and feeling good are sometimes one and the same thing which can be achieved with good skin and a fit body. One can turn to many measures to achieve the same, including cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic surgery like liposuction is generally used to remove the excess fat in the body which cannot be treated with normal exercise or diet control measures. This surgery is conducted by a plastic surgeon. Here is everything you need to know about liposuction.
About: Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure. It removes the excess fat present in one’s body with the help of a procedure known as body contouring. This kind of contouring may be carried out in various parts of the body including the calves, knees, buttocks, hips, abdomen, upper arms, breasts and even the neck and chin area. These are the areas that generally end up accumulating excessive fat which does not go away easily. For some people, persistent diet control and exercising may help. But for severe and chronic cases, one will have to make use of measures like liposuction.
Types of Liposuction: Depending on your case as well as the individual system of the patient, one can go in for one of the various types of liposuction. The fluid injection based liposuction is the most popular and common form where a large dose of medicated solution is injected with a local anaesthesia blended into it. This helps in contracting the blood vessels so that the fat can be suctioned out. The next type is the super wet liposuction where the amount of liquid solution injected is the same as the amount of fat that has to be removed. Ultrasound assisted liposuction uses ultrasonic waves in order to transform the fat cells into liquid which can be vacuumed out later. Further, laser assisted liposuction makes use of laser pulses and beams in order to make the fat cells liquid before they are vacuumed out of the system.
The procedure: The plastic surgeon will make use of a special liposuction machine and cannulas or special instruments, so that the surgery may be carried out in a proper manner. Also, depending on the type of procedure you are going in for, you will require local or general anaesthesia. A small incision is made so that the tube may be inserted for the liquefaction process to begin. After this, the fat that has been dislodged will be vacuumed away through the same suction tube. Small drainage tubes will be inserted to remove blood and fluid from the deflated areas and in some rare cases, blood transfusion or fluid replacement may also be required. High blood pressure and cardiovascular cases should not use this option.
A person, in order to be a successful sportsman or sportswoman needs to take a good care of his or her diet plans on a daily basis. They need more energy, proteins, vitamins, calories, minerals, carbohydrates and fats than other people, who are not involved in sports. Also, the requirement of energy varies in different sportsperson.
On an average, a sportsman below 30 years of age needs 3000 Kilo calories of food whereas those beyond 30 years need 2800-3000 Kilo calories of food daily.
The different requirements in the diets of a sportsman are explained as follows:
- Carbohydrates: It is found in whole grains and fruits. Also the diet should comprise of foods rich in fiber.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body which is why a sportsperson need it the most. It builds their immunity and increases the ability of the body to handle physical stress and strain. It is found in chicken, fish egg whites, milk, yoghurts, beans etc.
- Fats: They are required for the proper lubrication of the bones. They also help in the absorption and transportation of fat soluble vitamins. Have foods with saturated fats like nuts, olive oil, fatty fish, low fat milk and low fat dairy products.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Adequate amount of vitamins maintain the health and integrity of the cell bodies in the body. It also fights against the stress by destroying few unnecessary substances in the body and increasing antioxidants.
- Hydration: Proper hydration of the body is essential for a sportsperson in addition to other necessary nutrient requirements since it increases the functionality of the person. This is because proteins might result in constipation in the body the effect of which is nullified by the supply of adequate amount of water.
- Fiber: Apart from these, foods rich in fiber are also required since presence of adequate amount fiber in the body helps in having regular bowel movement in a person.
- Salt intake: Salt is an important ingredient in the diet of the sportsperson since salt is the key source of sodium which has contribution towards keeping one healthy.
One of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the world today is that of breast augmentation or reduction. This is a fairly common surgery wherein depending on the requirement of the patients; the breasts are either made bigger with the help of implants or reduced in size by excising fat and tissue. Although a majority of these patients are female, there are an increasing number of male patients, who opt for male breast surgery as well.
The need for male breast surgery-
The requirement for male breast surgery arises due to the occurrence of Gynecomastia or the development of male breasts. In this condition, fat and glandular tissues are stored within the male chest in the pattern of female breasts, thus giving it a feminine look. This is a common occurrence among men and can be a cause of social embarrassment for the man as well as affecting his self-esteem. Some of the causes for gynecomastia or male breasts would be –
- Excessive Weight Gain.
- Hormonal changes within the body where testosterone levels drop due to conditions such as ‘Hypogonadism’ (in men, the inability of the testicle’s to function correctly) and estrogen levels increase.
- Medications used to treat other disorders such as certain anti -depressants, cancer medication, and anti-anxiety medications among others.
- Excess consumption of alcohol and certain drugs.
- Hyperthyroidism (excess thyroid secretion by the thyroid gland).
It isn’t always just fat!
While many people tend to blame male breasts due to the accumulation of fat, this may not be the case always. Even skinny or people with an athletic build may notice misshapen chest that has more of a feminine appearance and thus would like to correct that. This is obviously caused by hormonal factors and genetics of body shape as well rather than just being obese or overweight.
Types of Male Breast Surgery-
Male breast surgery revolves around breast reduction and contouring to give it a more flat and toned look. This can be achieved in either of these ways:
Liposuction – This is a fairly common procedure and is minimally invasive; meant to suck out the fat through a small opening on the skin. With the help of liposuction, doctors can easily contour your chest to have a more masculine look by removing the excess fat. This procedure is a very popular one as it takes less time to recover and also isn’t invasive. However, this is used as an option for male breast surgery when the problem isn’t acute.
Surgery to remove excess tissues and fat – If the male breasts have excessive glandular tissue and the problem is acute, a more extensive form of surgery wherein the glandular tissue is excised may be required. However, this is also not very invasive and you can get back to your regular routine within a few days after surgery.