Dr.Ashalata srinivasan's review for Dr. Srinivasan H Dr. Arathy S. Lankupalli
Marvellous job done by Dr.Srinivasan & Dr.Sandhaya. Very gentle , compassionate & perfect handling of elderly patients Read more reviews
An impacted tooth is a tooth that gets blocked as it is pushing through the gum into your mouth (erupting). Wisdom teeth often are impacted. Wisdom teeth usually begin to come in between the ages of 17 and 21.The symptoms include:
• Bad breath
• Difficulty opening the mouth (occasionally)
• Pain or tenderness of the gums (gingiva) or jaw bone
• Prolonged headache or jaw ache
• Redness and swelling of the gums around the impacted tooth
• Swollen lymph nodes of the neck (occasionally)
• Unpleasant taste when biting down on or near the area
• Visible gap where a tooth did not emerge
HOW IS IMPACTED TOOTH DIAGNOSED?
A dentist would thoroughly examine the teeth and affected. They would take an x-ray to thoroughly view the affected area.
HOW IS IMPACTED TOOTH TREATED?
The treatment for the Impacted Tooth is done by dentistry procedures and includes the surgical removal of the teeth that is under the gum. Also, it is also advised to check for gum infections and treat it via ointments and gels.
DID YOU KNOW?
Complications of an impacted tooth include:
Abscess of the tooth or gum area
Chronic discomfort in the mouth
Malocclusion of the teeth
Plaque trapped between teeth and gums