Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is a medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is abnormally high and elevated. Hypertension is usually asymptomatic and does not have any exact symptoms but people with high blood pressure often complain of headache, fainting episodes, vertigo, or anxiety.
HOW IS HYPERTENSION DIAGNOSED?
A General Physician/Ayurvedic Doctor checks the blood pressure of the patient to ascertain the pressure of the blood and also conducts a physical examination before diagnosing Hypertension.
HOW IS HYPERTENSION TREATED?
Nowadays, one of the major causes of Hypertension is lifestyle and as a result, doctors highly recommend lifestyle changes to treat Hypertension. Besides medication, stress reduction, moderation of alcohol consumption, regular exercising helps in treating Hypertension.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nearly a third of people who have hypertension do not even know they have it that is why regular check-ups are very essential.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is the force that is exerted to the blood vessel walls of the arteries in your body when the heart pumps blood. Hypertension is measured at blood pressure levels at 140 over 90 mmHg. The modern way of lifestyle and high salt content in diet have resulted in growing number of cases of hypertension or high blood pressure. Globally it is expected that the number of people with high blood pressure will reach 1.5 billion by year 2025. High blood pressure causes heart attacks and strokes which in some cases even leads to death. Pulmonary hypertension also causes breathing and respiratory problems. Frequent swelling in the legs and fainting is a result of pulmonary hypertension which is a result of increased blood pressure at the pulmonary veins, capillaries and arteries. High blood pressure causes hypertension and requires you to immediately consult your doctor and dietician to know more about the way to maintain good healthy living.
The following are the risk factors associated with the development of high blood pressure (or hypertension):
1. Poor diet- High content of salt and excessive junk food is the root cause of high blood pressure. This is mainly because salt acts as a burden to your heart which raises the blood pressure. Food with high calories, sugars and fats are also known to increase high blood pressure in the body.
2. Physical exercises are very good for your health and helps you to maintain good shape .There are lot of risks with over weight and obesity like heart disease and high blood pressure which can only be solved only with regular physical exercises.
3. Family history- If you have any family members who have high blood pressure then you should regularly get your blood pressure checked. This is because high blood pressure or causes and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension are sometimes hereditary in nature. You should follow a regular nutritious high blood pressure maintaining diet plan to avoid the chances of stroke or heart attacks.
4. Age- When you grow older the blood vessels in your body can lose its flexibility as well as the risk of cardio vascular diseases increases as you grow older.
5. Alcohol- If you consume alcohol then the chances of high blood pressure increases, consequently increasing the warning symptoms of irregular heartbeats and heart attacks. Alcohol also increases the chances of obesity and you should restrict yourself to consuming only two drinks per day. Alcohol withdrawal centers can offer you some quick ways to reduce the chances of high blood pressure which may eventually lead to decrease in hypertension.
6. Overweight- When your weight increases the body mass index leads to high blood pressure. Body mass index or BMI in the range of 25-30 is considered overweight. It also increases your blood cholesterol levels and also puts a lot of strain on your heart. You should choose a healthy diet to control obesity and regularly check your blood pressure levels.
There are many health factors and tips to follow high blood pressure diet plan. Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners and cardiologists related to high blood pressure and hypertension in Agra, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the high blood pressure diet plan and causes.
Consult top doctors for Hypertension online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Neyveli, Abhiramapuram, Acharapakkam, Adambakkam, Adyar, Alandur and in any other locality in Chennai for Hypertension.
Above are listed top doctors for Hypertension in Kilpauk , Chennai. Post a free question today regarding Hypertension and get answers from top doctors in no time.