Also referred to as high blood pressure or the force exerted by the blood, which pushes against the walls of blood vessels, Hypertension is a very commonly occurring medical problem. Basically anything that goes over 140 over 90 mmHg is considered to be high blood pressure. Marginal hypertension is ignored but in other cases it includes feeling of blood rush, feeling of dizziness, extreme sweating, weakened heart, etc.
HOW IS HYPERTENSION DIAGNOSED?
Based on the above symptoms, a general physician would check your blood pressure with a measuring blood pressure device. He/ she may conduct kidney, heart, etc. scans too.
HOW IS HYPERTENSION TREATED?
The goal of hypertension treatment is to lower high blood pressure and protect important organs, like the brain, heart, and kidneys from damage. It involves lifestyle changes and possibly drug therapy. Treatment with medication is recommended to lower blood pressure to less than 140/90 in people younger than age 60, and less than 150/90 in people older than age 60.
DID YOU KNOW?
According to a study, approximately one billion adults have hypertension, and it is slightly more frequent in men. Hypertension increases the risk of peripheral vascular disease, heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and dementia, among others.
The pressure exerted against the walls of the arteries when your heart pumps blood into your body is known as blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause heart attack or stroke and is known as hypertension in medical terms. You may not even be aware of having hypertension and high blood pressure which can cause complete and continuous damage to your blood vessels and your heart. It can be detected by doctors and there are several medical tests that can help you get back to normal blood pressure levels. You can also follow regular high blood pressure diet to keep your heart healthy and lead a better life with your family.
Symptoms of Hypertension:
High blood pressure causes hypertension and one in three times you may not even be aware that you have hypertension. But high blood pressure causes certain symptoms which you can be eventually diagnosed by your doctor. Regular check up with your doctor in case of hypertension and high blood pressure is a mandatory norm which you have to compulsorily follow. The following symptoms show when you have hypertension:
1. Hypertension causes severe headache and if it occurs frequently then it is a sign that you may have high blood pressure and need a checkup with your doctor for hypertension. You may need to skip some tough mental and physical activity if your doctor suggests so.
2. If chest, ear and neck show pounding signs on an increased level, then there are chances that it may be caused due to hypertension and you may need a medical health check-up.
3. High blood pressure or hypertension causes difficulty in breathing and other respiratory problems. In pulmonary hypertension the blood pressure increases in pulmonary arteries, veins and capillaries which eventually lead to shortness of breath. This is a major symptom of high blood pressure level and it is recommended that you to follow a routine high blood pressure diet.
4. High blood pressure causes chest pain and if you have hypertension than you may face the symptoms of irregular heart beat. Regular health checks and monitoring of blood pressure levels is necessary along with a high blood pressure diet plan if you face these symptoms regularly.
Having these problems is a very serious health condition and could lead to sudden heart attack or stroke which may even cause death. You could also have hypertensive crisis and it is required that you follow a high blood pressure diet and avoid tough mental and physical activity. Kidney failure and eye problems are other diseases that high blood pressure causes in your body.
High blood pressure is caused by many factors and can be easily avoided if you follow your doctor’s advice regularly. Some of the factors that can induce high blood pressure are given below:
1. The Hormone levels in your body.
2. Blood vessels, nervous system and kidney conditions you possess since birth and the time when you experience high blood pressure symptoms.
3. Salt and water levels in your body.
4. Pulmonary hypertension also causes shortness of breath and frequent swelling in the legs and also fainting.
High blood pressure will affect nearly one in three people globally in their life. There are chances that you or someone in your family has high blood pressure or hypertension. Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners and cardiologists related to high blood pressure and hypertension in Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the high blood pressure diet plan and causes.
Top are results of best doctors for Hypertension in K K Nagar. You may see the doctor reviews by their patients and their peers and choose the best doctor. You can even post a free question on Lybrate.