Treatment of Abandoned Child Syndrome
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Abetalipoproteinemia
Treatment of Acid Peptic Disorders
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Actinomycosis
Treatment of Acute Diarrhea
Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Treatment of Adenomyosis
Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis
Treatment Of Age Spots
Treatment of Airway Diseases
Treatment of Alkaptonuria
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Allergic Reaction
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Treatment Of Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Submit a review for Fortis Malar HospitalYour feedback matters!
I have left hand ankle pain. I take so many medicines. But not cure. Pleas tell the solution for my problem. I am take x-ray. But doctor said there is no problem in your hand but I feel so pain.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.
Anyone who tells you that blood in your semen or Haemospermia is normal, he/she is wrong. No, it is not normal. In fact, blood coming out of any part of your body can in no way be normal. We often hear some patients say that the doctors they have consulted before, about this very crucial problem, regarded it as not serious. Neglecting blood in your semen is a very bad idea. It will not go away without proper treatment. On the other hand, addressing it at the earliest will help cure the problem completely.
Here is where the role of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Medical Experts becomes extremely important.
Causes of Blood in Semen:
What is causing you Haemospermia or as per Ayurveda, dooshita shukra? Here are a few causes that are influencing the condition-
- Inflammation and infections: Inflammations and infections cause the most common threat to your semen. Infection in any of the tubes, ducts or glands, such as Prostate, Urethra, Seminal Vesicles, Vas Deferens and Epididymis, etc. can become the cause of blood in semen.
- Sexually transmitted infection: Other bacterial infections along with sexually transmitted infections, such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea are also potent threats to your semen. 40% of the times, it is these kinds of infections that lead to blood in your semen.
- Forced sexual activity: Though not much discussed, any forced sexual activity might also influence the condition. This kind of activity irritates the pubic region and can also form the cause of genital tract infection, leading to blood in your semen.
- A recent medical procedure: One of the most common occurrences of blood in the semen is noticed post a medical procedure. Examples of medical procedures that lead to blood in semen include prostate biopsy, any urinary treatment, etc. These treatments cause temporary trauma to the semen for a short span of time, leading to ejaculation of blood along with it.
Other major causes that can influence the accompaniment of blood with your semen are internal obstructions, Polyps or Tumours, Blood Vessel Problems, etc. Ayurveda is an effective treatment for Haemospermia.
There are some ancillary effects of blood in the semen. Some of these effects include
- Burning sensation while urinating,
- Pain in the lower back,
- Painful ejaculation,
- Tenderness of the area around the groin,
- Swelling of the testes,
- Tenderness of the scrotum, etc.
All these side-effects can be dealt with while addressing the main issue of blood in the semen, with the help of proper Ayurvedic treatment and diet. Apart from practicing pranayama (shitkari/shitali) as a part of your Ayurvedic treatment, it is also important to consult an expert and get yourself diagnosed. This will help you find the best Ayurvedic herbs for your aid. You can also opt for the very famous and much trusted male infertility - complete sperm care package.
Consult an Ayurvedic expert or get a health package today to be benefitted by the most advanced of Ayurvedic treatments.
Back injury is not a common problem. It happens to some of us at some point of time. It can be painful and make your life worse. Most of us suffering from this pain opt for several methods to get rid of the unbearable pain. We leave no stone unturned to get the best possible way of getting rid of the pain. Of all these methods, two are very common and are thought to be the best possible home-based remedies—hot and cold compression.
While some will tell you to take a hot bath, others will insist on a cold compress. You might be confused about the benefits of these two separate treatments. Stop scratching your head to decide what to opt in to relieve your back pain. Know about the benefits of each treatment first and why and when they are used.
Ice Is Used for Injuries-
It is a common experience for most of us when we develop an injury during our regular exercising. The injury might lead to swelling of the muscle and mild to intense pain. The swelling is the cause behind the pain. Ice is not capable of curing your entire problem or helps you in fracture or bone repair. But what it can do is that it lowers the inflammation of the affected tissues. It is the best treatment for people who want to avoid medicine. It is more helpful in cases of muscle sprain or ligament or cartilage tear.
There are different ways of applying the ice on the injury. Some people prefer using an ice pack while others may just use a bag of frozen peas. You can even wrap pieces of ice with a towel and then apply it over the affected area.
It has to be kept in mind that when you are using the ice pack for pain relief, don’t apply it for more than 20 minutes. It is also to be kept in mind that doesn’t use ice for injuries in case you have issues with circulation. This might worsen the condition further. It needs to be understood that application of huge amounts of ice can lead to further tissue damage. So, you need to have control over yourself. Don’t get tempted by the fact that ice eases the pain due to inflammation. Cut your coat according to your need.
Heat Is Used for Muscles and Stress-
Heat is a wonderful remedy for treating those with bad back pain. It triggers certain points on the body. People who suffer from any back injury will admit that they have been benefited by hot bath or hot compression. It also provides relief to the nerves and nervous system. It helps you to be free from stress.
What If You Take Up The Wrong Treatment?
If you commit mistakes while choosing the right treatment, you won’t die. But, there can be ramifications if the wrong treatment has opted for.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders.
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disorder) is an issue in which a woman’s hormones are out of control. It can bring about issues with your periods and make it hard to get pregnant. PCOD or PCOS additionally may bring about undesirable changes in the way you look. In case that it is not dealt with, after some time it can cause serious medical issues, for example, diabetes and heart diseases. In PCOD, the hormones change rapidly.
The reason for PCOD is not completely seen, but rather hereditary qualities might be a reason. PCOD appears to keep running in families, so your possibility of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have diabetes. PCOD can be passed down from either of your families’ side.
The most widely recognized clinical features are:
- Skin inflammation.
- Weight gain and problem getting thinner.
- Additional hair on the face and body. Frequently women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the abdomen, stomach, and back.
- Diminishing hair on the scalp.
- Unpredictable periods. Frequently women with PCOD have less than nine periods a year. A few women have no periods. Others go through extreme bleeding.
- Infertility issues. Many women who have PCOD experience difficulty getting pregnant.
Some of the most effective and long-term treatments include:
- Normal work out and weight control are the key medicines for PCOD. Treatment can lessen uncontrollable symptoms and stop the long-term medical issues that come along with it.
- Try to fit in moderate movements and additionally outdoor activities regularly. Taking a walk is a great exercise that a great many people can do.
- Eating healthy foods is very important. This includes heaps of vegetables, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high in soaked fat, for example, meats and cheeses.
- Most women who have PCOD can benefit by shedding pounds. This can mean losing the hormones that are uncontrollable and having regular periods.
- In case that you smoke, consider stopping. Women who smoke have higher androgen levels that may add to PCOD symptoms.
- Your specialist may recommend anti-conception medication pills to decrease side effects and help you have consistent menstrual cycles or infertility medication in the case that you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant.
- Aerobic exercises, jogging, walking for 1 hr. daily to be added.
It is important to see your specialist for the follow-up to ensure that treatment is working and to change it if necessary. You may likewise require normal tests to check for diabetes, hypertension, and other conceivable issues. It might take a while for medicines to help with the symptoms, for example, facial hair or skin break out. You can use over-the-counter or physician endorsed pharmaceuticals for skin break out.
Dandruff is characterized by flaky skin on the scalp caused by shedding of the dead skin cells. Although small amount of flaking is normal because of the death of the skin cells, any aberration causes uncontrollable itching and foul odor. Studies state that dandruff is usually caused due to bad hair hygiene.
What causes dandruff?
People diagnosed with a skin disorder called ‘seborrheic dermatitis’ are at an increased risk of this condition. Seborrheic dermatitis can affect many areas of the body such as the sides of the nose, eyebrows, breast-bone and back of the ear. Not combing or shampooing the hair enough can also result in dandruff. Sensitivity to yeast is one of the major causes of dandruff. Dry skin, having been subject to immense stress over a prolonged period of time, unhealthy diet and other disorders such as HIV, skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema are few of the other reasons behind dandruff.
Remedies to get rid of dandruff:
- Aspirin- If you suffer from excessive dandruff, it is advisable to crush few tablets of aspirin and add it to your normal shampoo. Aspirin contains high amounts of salicylic acid that helps to reduce the formation of dandruff.
- Tea tree oil and baking soda- Adding a few drops of baking soda and tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo can help reduce dandruff to a great extent. Baking soda is laced with a substance which reduces overactive fungi. Your hair can feel dry during the first few days but will start to return to its normal state with continued usage.
- Lemons- Massaging lemon juice onto your scalp is a sure way of getting rid of dandruff. Lemon helps to balance the pH level of your scalp and prevent it from getting flaky and scaly.
- Garlic- Crushed garlic or garlic juice can be rubbed on the scalp to reduce dandruff formation. Garlic has antimicrobial properties which are ideal for eliminating the bacteria which contribute to dandruff.
Keeping your body fit is not only a prerequisite for a healthy life, it is also important for your partner's healthy life. When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person.
This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases:
- Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
- Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
- Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
- Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV.
There are various kinds of skin diseases such as eczema, allergic dermatitis, vitiligo, psoriasis, herpes which cause rashes along with violent itching, which becomes worse by scratching. It occurs as a result of getting rid of some poison in the system, either congenital or acquired. Skin problems can be local or can spread throughout the body. These occur due to infection, heat, immune system disorder, allergies due to elastic, rubber products, detergents, dust, etc., food allergies, menstruation, hereditary issues and many other factors. Homeopathy has proved very effective in such skin diseases, as it cures the basic cause of the same by studying not only the skin type, but also the genetic and immune system factors of the patient.
Following are some useful homeopathic medicines for skin diseases:
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This is very helpful for eczema where the skin is covered with numerous vesicular eruptions accompanied by violent itching, swelling, tingling, etc. which increase during night time and cold weather.
- Graphites: These treat common skin problems like dry and itchy skin, cracked corners of eyes and mouth, scruffy eruptions on the scalp, face, bends of joints, between fingers and behind the ears.
- Pulsatilla: Mostly a remedy for female related skin issues such as rashes due to profuse or scanty menses, gastric or uterine problems, nettle rashes and also acne which increase during winter.
- Sepia: This is the best medicine for herpes, which cures symptoms like dry skin at first, followed by release of moist discharge leading to brownish, liver or yellow spots. It is also helpful for eczema and psoriasis.
- Sulphur: The exact skin remedy for soreness and itching in the folds of the skin, roughness, coarseness and burning sensation due to washing. It is also useful for itching in the scalp, hair fall, deficient growth of nails, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Nitricum Acidum: This medicine is useful for treating ulcers in mouth, tongue or genital tracts that bleed easily and other physical irritabilities.
- Thuja Occidentalis: Effective for warts, acne, scaly patches and age spots.
Above all, it is mandatory to visit a homeopathic doctor before intake of the medicines mentioned above.