Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. J.MaghithaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am feeling sleepiness from last 4 months and burning sensation in heels. What may b the cause?
I am male 37 years old. Weight is 59 Kg & Height: 165 cms. I have no diabetics or any chronic disease. I do regular health ups. 1.5 years before my weight was 64 kg (with my regular diet). Now it was dropped to 58 kg six months before and then maintained at 59 kg since last 3 months. People around are saying that my health has dropped. However I don't feel any change in my strength. But I want to increase the weight up to 64 Kg and hence I had joined Gym for 3 months and changed my diet plan. But no marginal change in weight observed so I quieted Gym. Also I don't think my diet has the problem as now I take more healthy diet than when My weight was 64 Kg. So please I advise in this regards so that My weight will be increased with overhaul body exposure.
I am both veg and non-veg almost eat 3 days non-veg bcoz of heavy weight how should I lose my weight and wat should I eat if v eat non-veg weight will increase.
I am 23 years old female. My weight is increasing at an exponential rate. Am also having fatigue ness very soon. Extreme hairfall is also there. Please suggest me what to do.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.
Hi I'm a boy. I want to build body. Please help what I do which supplement is best. I waiting your reply please come fast. I love Lybrate thank you.
After playing sports in field, there is loss of energy and muscles and nerves are stained. How to recover from heat in the body?
I am 28 years old I am suffering from burning sensation in feet after delivery and severe back pain on left side give me some precaution to cure it.
I am getting pimples regularbase. After that they becoming dark on face. I don't know why they r coming. How to reduce darkspots and how to prevent pimple growth?
Have you ever wondered why in most cases, when you visit your doctor, he/she asks you to stick out your tongue? While it is true that doctor has a better view of the throat when your tongue is stuck out there is also an other fundamental reason for it. The doctor would also like to know the soundness of your tongue. You might have heard this old adage that a lot can be said about you by looking at your tongue. This holds certainly true in modern times and if your tongue looks unhealthy, it is time to get yourself evaluated by a physician. Let us look at some common symptoms and what you can infer from them:
- If your tongue has a white coating or white spots: A white tongue or a tongue with white spots can be an indication of a yeast infection that develops inside your mouth. It is common among infants and can also say that you have a weak immune system. In some cases, these white coating can appear after you have taken antibiotics.
- If your tongue is red: A red tongue could be a sign of vitamin deficiency. Folic acid and vitamin B-12 deficiencies may cause your tongue to give out a reddish appearance.
- Geographic tongue: The condition is caused when the redness causes map like patterns on the surface of your tongue. These patches can have a white surrounding and resemble like a country on a map.
- If your tongue is black and hairy: Much like hair, the papillae on your tongue grows throughout the lifetime. They become excessively long in some people and they can harbour bacteria. They look like dark patches and can resemble a mole on your skin. The condition may be common for people suffering from diabetes and for people who take antibiotics regularly.
- If your tongue is sore or bumpy: If your tongue is always sore, it can be due to a result of an accident or an injury. You might have accidently bit your tongue and the place is prone to infections and redness. The place may not be able to secrete enough saliva on its own and can cause these rashes or a sore tongue. They are also caused by smoking and in some cases, people with mouth ulcers can get them. Mouth ulcers in the tongue can be painful and can be especially messy.
Doctors advise that you have check your tongue on a daily basis and any changes should not be ignored and should be treated with the seriousness it deserves. Seek medical help immediately if these changes do not away even after a week or two.