Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. W.N.BaskarYour feedback matters!
I feel like masturbating all the time ,i do not have control on me I believe because of this habit I becoming thin .i can not concentrate on any thing and even without doing this sometimes I am unable to sleep what to do?
I have just joined gym and I have been asked to eat soya bean for muscle growth, but my friend told me that eating soya bean in high quantity I not good for your sexual life. Is it true? Please guide me on the same.
I am a 22 years female and had a lung surgery because of hydropneumothorax 6 months back. What precautions should I take after marriage.
My head is paining from since last 5 days please tell what should I do by which I will feel relax please tell me?
Recently I got married from 6 months back. So when we do realize our sexual life did not get any satisfaction. When I touch to her, she could not realize feelings. I got more feelings whenever I involved the sex but she didn't get the feel.
I have high bp. Diabetic & obesity ( wt. 96 kgs) my age is 50 years & height 5 ft 8 inches suggest me mininum dose of generic tabs
From last few days I am suffering from pain in above area of breast .yesterday my bp was 80 and had a pain in my chest. Dctr haf done ecg and it was normal. doctor said you have an anxiety. I have still pain in my chest and in my arms hands .please suggest me some remedies.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
5. Other diseases: chronic diseases like diabetes, HIV, hyperthyroidism or a buildup of iron or protein can also lead to heart failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.