Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek A NYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 40yrs old I suffering with knee pain from last one year I have taken treatment from orthopedic and also physio therapy but not use for long time please advice.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Started going gym, has severe ache in arms from past 2 days. Am I doing something wrong? Please help do not want to leave gym.
I have shoulder pain. I'm suffering at last 1 month. First I think it's just a pain in outside. Now I have pain in inside. Some times if I throw something it will be hearting my shoulder.
What s the treatment for hemiparesis what is the treatment to improve leg muscles improvement w2yhat bare the best ayurvedic medicines sir.
Hello, my problem is that two days before an accident. Is happened to me in which bike has fallen on my right leg which cause a lot if pain and swelling in middle and lower part of the leg My bone is not crack it is safe but I feel pain in moving my leg i Also tried hot tubs ,volini spray and warm Bandage but I didn't get much relief after doing all these please guide me for better care.
There is some pain in my back I do not know the reason why it happened so. Please suggest me some medicine or precaution.
Hi My dad is facing problem in his left leg from a few months and now the problem has become acute and we are still not able to find a good doctor who could determine what the actual problem is! a few days back he had severe swelling in his left lag. We went to the doctor who was specialized in veins[since my dad was saying he is feeling the pain and the stretch in veins]. He did sonography and xray and said everything is perfect this problem just might me due to the obesity[since my dad is a little obes, we thought it might be the reason] but those medicines dint workout and we asked us to visit the heart specialist. We went to the heart specialist and he did ecg and 2d sonography and gave medicines for heart saying that heart is facing pressure on the right side nd it is slightly increasing from that side. This pressure might be due to the pressure on lungs due to the weight issue. Then he referred us to a lung specialist, we went to him and he gave some other medications too. The swelling went down because of all the medications my dad took. But, his left leg is still paining a lot and on various part of his leg we can see the veins are getting infected the clusture can be easily seen with green color. I had somewhere read about varicose veins so I went to the doctor to ask if dad is suffering from it bbut he said no he is not! But, my dad is still facing a lot of problem and he cannot walk properly nor can he sit. Please help me.
Hello doctor, meri wife ke pero me soojan rehti hai uske liye koi achcha sa solution dijiye. Please advise.
A spinal cord injury is a damage to the spinal cord. It’s an extremely serious type of physical trauma that’s likely to have a lasting and significant impact on most aspects of daily life.
The spinal cord is responsible for sending messages from the brain to all parts of the body. It also sends messages from the body to the brain. We are able to perceive pain and move our limbs because of messages sent through the spinal cord.
If the spinal cord sustains an injury, some or all of these impulses may not be able to ‘get through’. The result is a complete or total loss of sensation and mobility below the injury. A spinal cord injury closer to the neck will typically cause paralysis throughout a larger part of the body than one in the lower back area.
A spinal cord injury is often the result of an unpredictable accident or violent event. The following can all result in damage to the spinal cord:
- a violent attack such as a stabbing or a gunshot
- diving into water that’s too shallow and hitting the bottom
- trauma during a car accident (specifically, trauma to the face, head and neck region, back, or chest area)
- falling from a significant height
- head or spinal injuries during sporting events
- electrical accidents
- severe twisting of the middle portion of the torso
Some symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- problems walking
- loss of control of the bladder or bowels
- inability to move the arms or legs
- feelings of spreading numbness or tingling in the extremities
- pain, pressure, stiffness in the back or neck area
- signs of shock
- unnatural positioning of the head
If you suspect that someone has a back or neck injury:
- Don’t move the injured person – permanent paralysis and other serious complications may result
- Call 911 or your local emergency medical assistance number
- Keep the person still
- Place heavy towels on both sides of the neck or hold the head and neck to prevent them from moving until emergency care arrives
- Provide basic first aid, such as stopping any bleeding and making the person comfortable, without moving the head or neck
Because spinal cord injuries are often due to unpredictable events, the best you can do is reduce your risk.
Some risk-reducing measures include:
- always wearing a seatbelt while in a car
- wearing proper protective gear while playing sports
- never diving into water unless you’ve examined it first to make sure it’s deep enough and free of rocks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.