Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ViswanathYour feedback matters!
I was scratched by a dog 1 month ago. But, I didn't took any immediate treatment. After 1 week I went to a doctor and the vaccine course has started. Though the dog was ill but it was alive for 25 days after the incident. 4 days ago it has died. Is there anything to worry about for me as I didn't took any immediate treatment? I found on a website that" The quarantine is set at 10 days because a rabies-infected animal can only transmit the disease after clinical signs have developed AND once these signs have developed, the animal will die within 10 days. So, am I completely safe from rabies as the dog was alive for 25 days?
My son age is 4 years old he does not take meal and not interested in any food someone given me advice to use ayurvedic medicine charak" mallon" is this better for his health.
I have a girl baby 3yrs old. Recently I find out she is having abnormal heart beat like 120 times/minute. What should I do?
Got typhoid! It's been a week I'm with normal body temperature. Suggest what kind of nutritious food I can consume? Please advice!
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
My 6 months old Baby is passing stool for 10 times a day, given oflomac syrup to him, but still the condition is same.
2 weeks back I observed my daughter's (3 years 2month) anus has some flower like structure coming out while doing potty. Its visible only when she is doing potty and at the finishing of potty or when trying to push it. Rest of the time its not visible. I consulted my paediatrics doctor and he has given a lotion to apply at the bottom and he told us to train her. Is this a serious issue? She is mostly constipated. What should I do to resolve this.
Breastfeeding up to two years of age or beyond is based on the fact that breast milk is a [key organic source of DHA (Omega fatty acids), vitamin A, calcium and proteins and provides protection against infectious agents].
In 2008 the American Academy of Family Physicians said this in their [position paper]:
> It has been estimated that a natural weaning age for humans is between
> two and seven years. Family physicians should be knowledgeable
> regarding the ongoing benefits to the child of extended breastfeeding,
> including continued immune protection, better social adjustment and
> having a sustainable food source in times of emergency. The longer
> women breastfeed, the greater the decrease in their risk of breast
> cancer. There is no evidence that extended breastfeeding is harmful to
> mother or child.
[Many scientific studies prove] the point that longer breastfeeding [enhances the
neurodevelopment of infants] and their intellectual and scholastic ability in later life. **from one of these studies increase in the IQ by breastfeeding is directly related to the duration of breastfeeding**. These benefits are strongest for the infants of low birth weight on breastmilk feeding. It is found that Poor who are more likely to
enter into child malnutrition are more likely to benefit from enhanced optimal breastfeeding
longer breastfeeding promotes suppression of [following Diseases and benefits to the infant] :
- Enhanced stereoscopic vision
- Neuromotor development
- Lower chances of obesity in Adult life
- [Increase in height]
- suppression of gastrointestinal and respiratory infectious morbidity
- suppression of atopic eczema
- suppression of asthma
[Benefits for the Mother]:
- [Weight loss]
- lower chances of breast cancer
- lower chances of premenopausal ovarian cancer
- suppression of hypertension
- suppression of type 2 diabetes
- suppression of myocardial infarction (heart attack).
**WHO recommends that breastfeeding should continue for two years or more without accurately establishing a maximum duration for breastfeeding.In addition, there is insufficient evidence on the advantages and disadvantages of continuing breastfeeding after two years.**
[It is unfortunate that about many mothers are unable to breast feed even upto 1 year]. This may be because We’ve sexualized the breast so much that people have forgotten breasts are for breast-feeding. There is A [Harvard Study which looks at both health AND cost outcomes for U.S. mothers] if they were to breastfeed for 1 year.The study found that if 90% of mothers breastfed, U.S. women would significantly lower their risk of heart attack, breast cancer, and hypertension. On a macro level, further investment in lactation support for moms could prevent $17.4 billion in maternal health costs.
Many mothers have shared [positive Experiences of extended breastfeeding in this article]