Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnupriya ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am prabhakar males 46 years. I am suffering from diabetics from last 1 year. I am using metformin 500 mg 1 tablet. Daily. Having panic healing with others. My hba1c 8% average 192. Today rbs222. Is there permanent cure for diabetes.
Smoking May Harm DNA Of Sperm
Smoking damages the DNA of sperm and affects fertility. Researchers have studied 422 proteins in participants sperm. One protein was absent, 27 proteins are underrepresented and 6 proteins are over-represented.
Hello Sir/ma'am, My dad is 57 year old is diabetic. He is taking pregaba and glimaday for that. From last couple of days he is feeling tired too much. His sugar level is 60. Please guide me.
I am 53 years male and have diabetes for last 5 years. My blood sugar levels are - fasting 140 and ppe 182. I am taking allopathic medicine. What else should I do?
My mother has been on dialysis for the past 10 years. Her blood sugar has always been in control (with shots of insulin-9 units. Of late her blood sugar has shot up. On Friday night her blood sugar post meals was 370 while the next morning at 7 am it was a mere 75. Is such a great fall in sugar level possible?
Sir / Madam, My brother 56 years, He is a diabetic and under guidance and supervision of Dr. Dinesh Neopane, MBBS, MD at Biratnagar (Nepal. However, from past one and half year it is observed that his hemoglobin count gets reduced drastically in short span of time. This issue though has been addressed but we would like to get an expert opinion for better solution. At earlier stage doctor did assumed that it could be due to piles problem and with few units of blood transfusion patient was better. This result though was short lived and after five months again blood transfusion was done. On the recommendation of consulting doctor we met Nephrologist and his views were in sync with family doctor and advice was to continue the same medicine. Later, the patients started feeling week and under consultation of the doctor an injection EPOFIT (erythropoietin) was used twice weekly for six weeks. At that period the patient's hemoglobin count was below 6. Currently report shows that prescribed injection is working fine and patients has show improvement but we family members would like to take an expert review at your recommendation or reference is required as which doctor would be seeking appointment with. Looking forward for your early reply.
Hi My Bilburin Total is 1.6 And uric acid is 7.2 Could someone please tell me what does it mean and precautions and advices for me. Thanks is advance.
I am a 39 years old diabetic patient since last 9 years and now my high pressure is 150/90 and also I am taking medicine tazloc- 20 last 3 months. So tell me what I do to control my high pressure ?
3. Red grapefruit
7. Fish like salmon, tuna
8. Flax seeds
12. Nuts ie. Walnut, almonds, pistachios
14. Red onions
Dear Sir/Madam, I have pain in left side upper abdomen and after ultrasound it's found that I have fatty liver. Thereafter I have done blood test in which thyroid disease has found. TSH -7.79, T3 - 131, T4 - 8.9 . Now I got confused I want ask you is there any connection between fatty liver and thyroid? And according to above data related to thyroid can you tell in what stage of my thyroid problem? And also thyroid is curable or not?
Hypothyroidism, also called underactive thyroid disease, is a common disorder. With hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone. The thyroid gland is located in the front lower part of your neck.
Hormones released by the gland travel through your bloodstream and affect nearly every part of your body, from your heart and brain, to your muscles and skin.
The thyroid controls how your body's cells use energy from food, a process called metabolism. Among other things, your metabolism affects your body’s temperature, your heartbeat, and how well you burn calories. If you don't have enough thyroid hormone, your body processes slow down. That means your body makes less energy, and your metabolism becomes sluggish producing symptoms like Fatigue, Weakness, Weight gain or increased difficulty in losing weight, Coarse dry hair, Dry rough pale skin,Hair loss, Cold intolerance, Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches, Constipation, Depression, Irritability, Memory loss, Abnormal menstrual cycles & Decreased libido
Natural Thyroid Treatments :
- Ayurvedic drugs like Punarnava, Kanchanara, Shigru, Brahmi, Varuna, Ashwagandha, Gokshuru, Trikatu, Shilajit etc helps treat Hypothroidsm
- Hamsa-pathyadi kashaya, Punarnavadi kashaya, Varunadi Kashaya, Kanchanara guggulu, Punarnavadi guggulu, Trikatukadi guggulu, shiva gutika etc are the commonly used ayurvedic formulations to combat hypothroidsm.
- Daily intake of Decoction prepared of Shigru (drum stick) helps a lot
- Amla churna with Honey can be taken as Nitya Rasayana for proper thyroid functioning.
- Food rich in Vitamin A such as pumpkin, green leafy vegetables and carrots add to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland.
- Diet should consist of sufficient helpings of fruits, sprouts, vegetables and salads. Cucumber is very effective for patients diagnosed with goiter- a disease resulting from hypothyroidism
- Walnut which is rich in iodine and magnesium contributes to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland.
- 'Kelp' & 'Sushi' are iodine enriched sea weeds (Thyroid gland needs iodine to produce thyroid hormone. Human body doesn't make iodine, so one needs to get it through his/her diet), can be used as an item of garnish as well as one for flavoring soups and salads.
- Regular consumption of coconut oil added to milk, with two spoons being added to a cup of milk is another home remedy geared to the rectification of thyroid functioning.
- As part of rectification of thyroid functioning with natural remedies; sometimes the affected persons are advised to go on a juice based fast. This is done with the purpose of cleaning the system. Thus his diet then may consist of fruits juices such as apple, grapes and pineapples being served after every three to four hours.
- After five days of being on juice; he may be advised to include milk in his diet. There after he can go for proper balanced meals with insistence on fruits and vegetables.
- Herbal tea with ginger is also beneficial for thyroid functioning.
- Barley and oats are also some of the healthy options for patients afflicted with thyroid functioning.
- Regular consumption of Amla fruits and lotus stem is also beneficial for thyroid functioning.
- For patients afflicted with goiter, exhibiting swelling around their neck; dandelion leaves with a touch of clarified butter may be wrapped around the affected region.
- Carbohydrates other than those contained by potatoes, whole wheat products and unpolished rice should be avoided. Cakes, pastries, sweets and other calorie rich items should be avoided.
- Beverages including coffee, tea, carbonated drinks and alcohols should be avoided
- Certain food items containing preservatives, white flour products and stuffs high on sugar should be avoided by thyroid patients.
- Eating goitrogenic foods such as rapeseed, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, maize, lima beans, soya and pearl millet should be Avoided.
- Avoid smoking since Smoking depresses Thyroid Hormone levels and produces chronic underlying hypothyroidism
Yoga for Thyroid diseases:
- Sarvangasna (shoulder stand) is the most suitable and effective asana for the thyroid gland. An enormous pressure is placed on the gland by this powerful posture. As the thyroid has one of the largest blood supplies of any body organ, this pressure has dramatic effects on its function, improving circulation and squeezing out stagnant secretions.
- From Sarvangasana one can practice Halasana.
- After Sarvangasana & Halasana, Matsyasana is to be performed as their counter pose,
- Other effective asanas include Surya Namskara, Pavamuktasana with emphasis on the head and neck exercises, yoga mudra, Suptavajrasana and all backward bending asanas.
Pranayama for Thyroid diseases:
- The most effective Pranayama for thyroid problems is Ujjayi.
- Nadi shodhana pranayamas are useful in re-balancing metabolism.