Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnupriya ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from diabetes for more than 4 years and looking for a long term successful solution. Although I am fine as I walk every morning and evening but still I am looking for a good homeopathy or ayurvedic doctor which I can consult and cure diabetes forever.
I am a 19 year old girl and I had sex a month back. We used condoms and to be sure I took i-pill as well .an within 9 days after having sex I got my period .but this month my period has not yet happened. Its late by ten days .is there any chance I am pregnant ? I suffer from thyroid as well and I have missed many a times before so could it be because of my high TSH level?
My wife is suffering from hypothyroid from last 8 months what is the best way to get the best and frequently cured techniques and what medicine should be used.
I am 49 years old and having ED problem. Has diabetes since last 7 years and taking earlier Glycomet GP1 and now started janumet to control Blood sugar PP 200. Does not have desire to have intercourse. Pls suggest treatment.
My mom has diabetics for last 15. Now fasting 250 and pp 400. She use insulin, what can we do to control this?
I am a diabetic since last 3 years. I am too fat. I tried many medication but nothing worked. Prescribe some medicine for normal daily life.
Sir my father is suffering by diabetes, I want to know about diabetes and how to sedule our dailyrutien, which food is good for health.
I have got Achilles Tendonitis (severe pain in my Achilles tendon at the back of left foot) due to car driving and using the clutch excessively, I have not had any injury. Could it be due to uric acid and a gout attack? I have had past history of uric acid? should I take Feburic along with Combiflam. I am 48 years old, weight is higher than normal Uric acid is on higher side -8.2 always. Used to take Feburic, stopped now.
I have some problems. I have thyroid. I used 75mcg thyroid tablets. I want leaves this problems. Please help me.
Hi. I am sridhar I am 85 kg. Vegetarian. Having medium sugar. Bmi say 60 kg. How do I reducexpect 25 kg also I have a belly too. Sridhar.
I am 72 years old having dibetes which is under control with Human Mixtard 18 units taken before breakfast. I have undergone bypass heart surgery in 2003. I am taking oral medication for diabetes, Nervizen caps, Gemer 1mg, Glycomet 40 mg. Cardiac medicines Telesta -H 25mg. Ecospirin 150mg. My B.P is normal. I am having constipation problem. What should be done?
My wife is diabetic and presently on insulin morning 21u and evening 17u along with one oral tablet in afternoon. She has recently started taking BGR 34one tablet twice (morning /evening. Please advise me if BGR34 will be effective or other medicine which would help to reduce insulin dose thanks.
I am 66 years old and type 2 diabetic. I would like to know whether the body of 85 kgs and 66 years old person needs the same parameters of 100 fasting glucose and 160 post prandial glucose. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
I am 28 yrs of age and my TSH is 8.62 while T3 is 92 and T4 is 6.40. I just got my thyroid test done for first time. Please suggest what I need to do being a male.
Hi. I am 27 weeks pregnant. Having gestational diabetics. Not taking pills or insulin. Manage to keep sugar level between 120 and 140 one hour after breakfast. After lunch and dinner below 130. Can I have mothers horlicks. Is it safe. Will baby be over weight. Till last checkup, everything is fine.
Since last 1 month I feel weakness , swelling in my hands and legs , and I also gain weight without any reason and pain in body. Then I go for thyroid test and in that test my T3 and T4 is normal but TSH is more than maximum limit mentioned in lab testing report by Thyrocare lab i.e. 6.91. Please suggest me treatment.
What happens to a diabetic person if three crocin tablets powdered are consumed with bittergourd juice daily ?
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary