Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinithaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from irregular periods. Its usually come after 30 to 32 days. In this month I got period after 33 days. What should I do?
I am 18 years old Girl and From last 15 days my mensuration cycle going on and I dun know how will it stop? please help me.
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that is packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases, and various types of cancers.
- Minerals and vitamins: Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Anti-cancer benefits: The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
- Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids, which protects the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bones: The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
- Digestive system: With the good fiber content it has, there is reduced instance of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
- Skin: The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduces chances of skin infections and also adds to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also is reduced with regular use of spinach.
So the next time you are thinking, which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market, think spinach.
Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day the individual needs differ. Some
Need a lot more of water depending on their physical activity, body
Constitution, health conditions, climatic conditions etc, while
Some others need less. Frequent urination or a leak in a healthy adult
Means he is taking extra fluids! so drink just enough water to keep yourself
2. Caffeine is not good for your bladder as it is a diuretic. It
Speeds up your kidneys and irritate the bladder. So a leaking
Bladder may signal more of caffeine in the diet.
3. It is not often an enlarged prostate that causes plumbing
Problems in men but an overactive bladder. So get it diagnosed and
4. It is normal to urinate once at night. Several visits to the loo at night
Indicate something is wrong. It could be just that you drink too
Much water in the evening or that you are anxious. If it's a
Regular habit to urinate more than twice at night keeping a fluid
Diary is recommended. Consult your doctor if it persists.
5. Another sign of an overactive bladder is urinating for more than
8 times a day.
6. Being overweight is a reason for stress incontinence. Stress
Incontinence is a condition where pressure on the bladder from
Cough or sneeze causes you to leak. It happens when the muscles in
The pelvis is weak and cannot handle this pressure.
7. It is not a small bladder that causes frequent leaks but your
Capacity. If you drink more water than you can hold you will
Probably leak. Weak muscles, nerve damage (due to conditions
Like diabetes), medications, infections etc can cause leaking.
If a girl can do sex then is this true that she gain weight or her thighs became fatty and her belly area also? please suggest me this is true or not. Nd what changes come in the girls body after having s*x.
I am 31 years old not married. Last year I had a abortion after that my weight is increasing and earlier my period happen for 5 days but now it's only 3 days. So now there can be any problem in future in conceive again.
married couple,when female gets pregnant can they have sex if yes till which months they can and what safety measures to be taken while having sex.
I am 24 years old female suffering from PCOD my last period was on aug 10 2015, now its almost 5 months I didn't get my periods and rapidly gaining weight around my belly area. Please provide solution.
I am 28 years old I am suffering from burning sensation in feet after delivery and severe back pain on left side give me some precaution to cure it.
I am 22 years old married lady, I missed my period 12 days then me and my hubby met a gynacolagist and take pregnancy urine test and it comes negative. When I missed my period I feel back pain, vomiting tendency, bloating, gas trouble, weakness, hungry etc and now a days breast nipple pain also. Our gynaecologist said me to take susten 300 tablet with 7 days and and also give me some vitamin tablets. Now I complete susten 300 tablet and now I missed my period 22 days. And today I take a home pregnancy test it comes negative again. But the symptoms are felt always. What I do? am I pregnant?
Pregnancy and diabetes presents unique challenges. Consider the goal ? tight blood sugar control ? and what you can do to achieve it.
When you have diabetes ? either type 1 or type 2 ? pregnancy presents unique challenges. Naturally, you're concerned about the effect diabetes might have on your health and your baby's health. There's much you can do to promote a healthy pregnancy, however. Here's what you need to know about pregnancy and diabetes ? and delivering a healthy baby.
Pregnancy and diabetes:
Your diabetes health care team likely includes an endocrinologist or other diabetes specialist, a diabetes educator and a registered dietitian. As your pregnancy progresses, your health care team can help you manage your blood sugar level and adjust your diabetes treatment plan as needed.
The goal: Tight blood sugar control
Controlling your blood sugar level before and during pregnancy is the best way to prevent diabetes complications. Good blood sugar control during pregnancy can:
Reduce the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth ? primary concerns for pregnancy and diabetes.
Reduce the risk of premature birth. The better your blood sugar control, the less likely you are to go into preterm labor.
Reduce the risk of birth defects. Good blood sugar control during early pregnancy greatly reduces your baby's risk of birth defects, particularly those affecting the brain, spine and heart.
Reduce the risk of excess fetal growth. If you have poor blood sugar control, extra glucose can cross the placenta. This triggers your baby's pancreas to make extra insulin, which can cause your baby to grow too large (macrosomia). A large baby makes vaginal delivery difficult and puts the baby at risk of injury during birth.
Prevent complications for mom. Good blood sugar control reduces the risk of high blood pressure, preeclampsia ? which is high blood pressure that begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy ? and other potentially serious pregnancy complications.
Prevent complications for baby. Sometimes babies of mothers who have diabetes develop low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) shortly after birth because their own insulin production is too high. Good blood sugar control can help promote a healthy blood sugar level for your baby, as well as healthy levels of calcium and magnesium in the blood. Good blood sugar control also helps prevent a yellowish discoloration of the skin and eyes (jaundice) after birth.
I have unprotected sex today and yesterday was the last day of my gf periods and she is taking crimson 35 since 2 month so the periods may regular, so should I need to give her i-pill or she should continue on crimson 35, which one will she have to take both or one of two and which one?
It can be very uncomfortable when you experience tongue problems.
For clues about problems in your mouth, stick out your tongue and look in the mirror.
A healthy tongue should be pink and covered with small nodules (papillae).
Any deviation from your tongue’s normal appearance, or any pain, may be cause for concern.
Most conditions are not serious, though some tongue problems can be a sign of oral cancer or other more serious problems.
Tongue movement problems are most often caused by nerve damage.
Rarely, problems moving the tongue may also be caused by a disorder where the band of tissue that attaches the tongue to the floor of the mouth is too short. This is called ankyloglossia.
Tests never show the reason behind the diseases it only shows the disease like increase in uric acid, increase in hemoglobin likewise. We should try to know the reasons behind the diseases not why these increased or decreased.
The types of tongue and the problems related to them will be shown in the video briefly.
- Tongue (Human Sense Organ)
- Normal Tongue
- White patched Tongue
- Rough Tongue
- Flabby Tongue
- Furrowed Tongue
- Cut Chapped Tongue
- Swollen Darkened Tongue
- Centrally Cut Tongue
- Dark Black Spotted Tongue
- White Coated Chapped Tongue
- Lime White Paste Tongue
Dr. R K Aggarwal is trying to opportune people by self examine themselves through Hatya Yoga (Ancient physical and mental strength building exercise).
Our aim is to let people self examine problems within their body and opportune them to cure themselves.
Hi. I got married this year by January. We are willing to get a child but it is not happening. We are following the calendar method every month but the conception is not happening. She is getting her period on 28 days cycle. We expected this month but today her period got started. We are so worried. I am 29 and my wife is 25. Please help.
A woman's reproductive health is affected by several factors. It plays a very important role in maintaining your overall physiological health. Anomalies in the reproductive system can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle and cause severe complications when you try to conceive a child.
There are many signs and symptoms of reproductive disorders in women. It differs from case to case, depending on the exact nature of the disorder and the medical status of the patient. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a healthcare specialist right away. Some such signs are as follows:
- Persistent and unusual pain in the pelvic and abdominal region
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting in between periods
- Periods occurring in unusual or irregular time intervals
- Excessively painful cramping during periods
- Presence of blood in urine
- Sudden fluctuations in body weight and changes in general physical appearance
- Irregularities in sleeping habits and patterns
In most cases, reproductive disorders in women are caused by fluctuations in hormone levels which can be triggered by various factors. Mental dysfunction and emotional stress can also manifest themselves as disorders of the female reproductive system. Treatment of the disorder and alleviation of symptoms is done by conducting a thorough medical analysis of the signs by a specialist and providing a diagnosis accordingly.