Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinithaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir My girlfriend 20 year old She doing fingering 7-8 time in a day And she reached organism 8-9 times in a day Is it normal? Or Side effects I worried about that works Please tell me sir What side effects of excess fingering?
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.
What are some of the contraceptives available apart from barriers like condoms, which are completely safe.
I am 17 years old I had 6 doses of regestrone 5 mg tablets my dose finished on 13 n the doctor said I will get periods by 23 I had sexual intercourse on 15 mar will it effect my periods.
An infection in a woman’s reproductive organ is characterized by pain, discomfort, itching, burning sensations and a foul smell. Even normally, a women’s reproductive organ creates a discharge which is a clear liquid but slightly cloudy. However, when this discharge becomes abnormal and has a foul smell, it could be a tell tale sign for a vaginal infection.
Symptoms of Vaginal Discharge:
Your vaginal discharge is heavier than usual.
The smell seems different and can be quite offensive.
The color of your vaginal discharge may also change.
Your vagina can swell and become sore.
Itching and burning sensations are also felt.
Sex is extremely uncomfortable and painful.
What causes a vaginal infection?
Sometimes vaginal discharges happen due to an allergic reaction or irritation caused by the use of products such as vaginal douches and creams.
Vaginal infections which are not contagious in nature can be caused by detergents, fabric softeners, perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays which may change the natural, chemical and bacterial balance of the organ.
Vaginal infections are also quite commonly caused by sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis, human papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes among others.
How can you prevent vaginal infections?
Keep your genital area dry and clean – Every time you have a bath, clean your vagina with water and don’t use chemical or vaginal washes which can only make things worse. Vaginal infections can also occur due to the disturbance of the ph level (the balance of alkaline and acidic chemicals) in your vagina. Thus use only water to wash and maintain general hygiene.
Avoid wearing underwear made out of nylon and synthetic material – These materials trap heat and moisture in your vagina and can make them smelly and itchy. Cotton underwear is recommended to prevent vaginal infections and also for general health.
Eating yogurt or other pro-biotics can prevent vaginal infection – Any healthy vagina has a balance of many forms of bacteria and fungus. If you have pro-biotics such as plain yoghurts or other specially formulated foods, then it will help maintain the balance and prevent infections from happening.
Use condoms – Always use either a female condom or ask your partner to use a male condom before engaging in intercourse. This will prevent the passing of sexually transmitted diseases which are a leading cause of vaginal infections.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 23 year female, I have unprotected sex on 30 oct 2016 and after sex within 5 hours I have taken contraceptive pill (unwanted 72, my expected period date is on 9 nov 2016 and my period cycle is of 30 day and on 6 nov 2016 I have done home pregnancy test which comes negative, so please suggest me that I am pregnant or not I am so tense because I do not want to get pregnant, today is 7 nov 2016 I have got my period.
I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago. She's 18 years old. We did not use protection ,I gave her an Ipill within 2 hours. From past 2 days she has bleeding in her vagina and normally her menstrual cycle starts at 18th of every month and now today her menstrual cycle has started. Shall I go for a pregnancy check up? Or this happens usually! please let me know fast as I'm very tensed about this as I do not have any information about how an Ipill works and what all happens after giving the tablet.
Hi I am house maker now a days n I observed that my periods are irregular. Some time blood is very less come out n also gap 2-3 months. What is the problem.
I had sex with my girlfriend yesterday night so I'm not sure about whether sperm entered or not so if not, is that right to take Emergency contraceptive pill?
Hello doctor, My daughter is two years old from few days her vaginal area became red and she is feeling pain while washing I found her panty wet sometimes it is like discharge .I feed her with vegetables rice milk fruits I won't add masala also doctor can you please make me understand about the problem and tell me if I can apply any ointment or medicine.
My wife is 5 months pregnant I have a doubt we can have a sex upto which month now we are bot participating can you pls clear the doubt.
I have been trying to conceive, got spotting 10 days before my next period. I thought that it might be implantation bleeding. For two days it was just spotting but today (3rd day) it started bleeding little heavy and have all the symptoms of my periods. Is it periods or still implantation bleeding? Please suggest.
My wife is 25 years old. She had her last period on 2nd February 2016. After one month she did not have her periods so we went for the pregnancy test and it was negative. So she started to take Pearl birth control pills (15) numbers and Norethisterone tablets (6) numbers but her period did not start. Than on 22nd April again done a pregnancy test and it is positive. Now she is 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Will the birth control pills harm our baby? What will be the side effects for the baby and my wife? Please do reply. The doc said it will not harm but we are confused. Please anyone consult me.
Hello so I have a really weird question but like. Almost two weeks ago me and my boyfriend fingered each other, I made him. Pop' as we say or cum but it did not touch my hands well at least I do not think it did but he went to clean it up and washed his hands but when I went back to check my vagina (it was like after 5 mim) I don't remember if I! Washed my hands and I touched myself really quick. Is there a way of me maybe getting pregnant? Please help im really scared and nervous and my stomach is bloated and my period ended 3-4 days after we did it.
How many meals should you really have in a day?
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Since everybody is different, there cannot be a set number of meals prescribed for everyone. It depends on when a person feels hungry and how that person would like to deal with it. But you need to understand your body's need for replenishment and provide the nourishment it requires. Hence, according to your body's requirement you should have small meals at short intervals which could range from six to eight in a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have been using yasmin tablets from the last two months. Last month my periods were fine and regular but this month I did not get my period properly. Jst a little drops.
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.