Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinithaYour feedback matters!
Sir, sex karne ke safe day's kis date ko hote h because female pregnant na ho but female ke period ke safe days kaunsa se hote h ?
Is there chances for pregnancy after breaking virginity. But we use condom n sex is unfulfilled so any one can ans is this chances of pregnancy.
I'm 34 weeks pregnant today everything is fine. Last week I went for an ultrasound & baby is doing fine as the weight is normal, fetal heart is good & the movements are also good. The ratio of umbilical artery should be less than 3 (<3) but its 3.2 Should I worry in this matter? Is this a matter of concern? My doctor ask me not to worry as this is not an important issue just we have to take care about this so to prevent this she increased my Alumin supplements.
Respected doctor. Meri biwi ko ovarian cyst haii left side me. Pahle bada tha ab bahut chhota ho gaya haii. Kya mai unprotected sex kar sakta hun. Pregnancy me to koi dikkat nahi hoga. please suggest me.
I am twenty years old. Can I take novelon as daily contraceptive? Will it disrupt my menstrual cycle? I do have a family history of carcinoma. My grandma suffered from breast cancer. Taking all this into consideration should I go for it?
Namaste sir Ji mera pichale month 25 Oct ko period aaya tha bhi mai be pregnancy test Kiya toh positive aaya hai par white Pani aa rha hai toh uska Matlab kya huwa kya Pani ka aana Sahi hai ki nhi.
My wife is pregnant with 8th month so I am having sex daily with her and she is feeling very much pain so does it effect to our baby We are thrice in morning and thrice in night.
Hi i'm 37 years old i have hypothyroidism for which I take every day morning 100 mcg Elextrocin Monday to Thursday & 125 mcg on Friday to Sunday these days I get pain in my throat & dry cough severely my Tsh levels r 1.15, T3: 1.03, T4: 15.90 a little bit high and we r planning for ivf treatment for 3rd time so can you please suggest me should I reduce my dosage has I get paining..
Hello doctor, I'm on fertility treatment in between I have done hsg and FTC for blocked tubes before the test my menus use to come for 40 days. After hsg I was diagnosed with PCOD. Now I'm 18th day still my follicle size on left ovary is 11.9 and right 11.4 .please suggest there is a chance of growing follicle size and proper ovulation could happen and moreover I have taken 50 mg clomid + 75iu +75 it of fsh. I'm not getting periods regularly on my own .please suggest I can get pregnant or not. My age is 30 so worried.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.