Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VinaygnanYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old male, having problem of sinus. Due to which I suffer from blocked nose every now and then. Please advise.
When I am sleeping. I remain usually well but early in morning my nose starts sneezing very badly like allergy.
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical Products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores.
Hi doctor, I have a pain between throat and chest while swallowing food and water. Last two days I am feeling this problem. Please suggest me the solution.
Please suggest how to reduce snoring , I am very uncomfort feel at the time of sleeping day by day snoring is soundly always that problem is thinking is mind so not comfort sleeping.
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
- Nasal polypsis is a disease affecting the adults. When children below 10 are affected, cystic fibrosis needs to be ruled out.
- Small polyps cause no symptoms at all.
- Larger ones can cause obstruction in the air passages of the nose causing stuffiness or blocked sensation.
- Partial or total loss of sense of smell.
- When they obstruct the discharge from the sinus openings, polyps lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Sneezing and watery nasal discharge due to associated allergies.
- Asthma and aspirin sensitivity may be present in patients with ethmoidal polyps.
- Unilateral nasal obstruction may be present in patients with an antrochoanal polyp.
- Headache, snoring and a permanent runny nose, facial pain, hyponasal voice and cough.
Treatment of Nasal Polyps with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is very effective in dealing with these little growths. Not only are the symptoms removed, the growths themselves vanish over a period of time. Homeopathy is uniquely placed as it takes into account not only the symptoms, but also the causes of the problem. Some causes are at times obvious. Others may not be obvious and are subtle. These may be the stress factors that the person had been undergoing before the problem surfaced. There may be some other things that need the experience of a seasoned homeopath to decipher.
Timely administered homeopathic medicines help avoid surgery and its inherent complications. Moreover, it is very common for the condition to recur even after surgery. Homeopathy is therefore highly recommended for people who have had surgery done to remove nasal polyps as the treatment would have a preventive effect, by which chance of recurrence is minimized.
In short, the treatment is targeted towards the root cause of the illness and hence the disease is treated from the core. Homeopathy believes in treating the patient and not just the disease.
There are 70 remedies which give great relief. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus medicines are tailor-made unlike allopathy in which all patients receive the same drugs or surgery although trade name may be different.
For total cure, the treatment must be taken seriously for about 2 to 3 years depending upon the number and size of nasal polyps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.