Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram ShrivastavaYour feedback matters!
I am 11 and my teeth are moving you gave me the answer that ater teeth has grown in the mouth it moves for 3 years but they are moving from 4 years and I am very very very worried please help me something they are paining.
I am suffering from sensitivity in teeth, used many toothpastes but I had no positive effect. What should I do?
Hi team, I am facing the problem of bad breath. I brush teeth three times a day but still I can feel that I am not smelling good.
: I have a bad breath problem for past one decade so far I never had a treatment on bad breath. After brushing my teeth I would sense less bad breath for an hour, but it smells worst after some time. I need to know is it the problem of internal organ like kidney and liver disease or it may be a kind of cancer. I do not drink and smoke. And I need an permanent solution.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My gums are bleeding for a few weeks now, I dnt have a gr8 oral hygiene, NY shift and work barely gives me time to visit a doc.
I am suffering from chronic mouth ulcers and when I told to a dentist he said it occurs with stress and tension and I want clarification and solution.
Hello doctor , my self sudeep , I had made a teeth bridge just appro one month ago , today when I was having my lunch in afternoon I could not see the bridge , I have a doubt if I have swallowed it. It is a ceramic teeth, will there be any issue if its in stomach , I do not feel anything right now , I mean I do not feel any problem now, please let me know, I was having paratha and water also , do not know if I have swallowed it.
I am 24 years old. Male. Mujhe 12 saal ki age se muh me chhale ho rhe hain. Har week naya chhala ho jata hai. Bohot doctors ko dikha chuka hu but medicine khatam hote hi fir shuru ho jate hain.
Gum related Question: Blood found gums after mouth is dry for 3-4 hrs or when you are gargle at night & spit the water, it is reddish in colur. This is not evertime ? Pl advice what is the issue? is it related to deficiency of vitamins or purely case of weak gums?
My mother fell and cracked a vertebrae. She has osteoporosis. She was given a brace but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is there any treatment for this?
Hello Dr. I am suffering from frequent mouth ulcers. Everytime general physician prescribe Tab. Vitamin c forte Tab. Folic acid Tab. Betamethasone Three times a day. Always my mouth ulcers are gone with this medicine. Bt after few days some ulcers come on another place in mouth. I am suffering from this condition for last 1or 2 years. please prescribe me that medicine that would treat my ulcers permanent. please help.
Hi, I got small hole in center of upper incisor teeth. I do not have one molar tooth in left. Please suggest what could be the reason and what I have to do.
I have dental bridge of two teeth in my upper front jaw. Colour of it looks different from rest of the teeth. Colour of bridge is brighter than other teeth. What should I do for matching colour of it.
My wisdom tooth on left downward have grown in vertical position. Doc is guiding to remove. Is there any other option?
Respected sir m physically challenged by my tongue. I have speaking problem I hesitate many times while speak (tutlaana) Any cure for this or is this go fine.
Dear sir/madam my sister is 23 year old and her teeth is not properly grow up and some are unbalanced. Please tell me what should she do?
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.