Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VikramYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old. I have a problem in my face. I have too much oily skin, and I got acne. How it is remove.
Many body detanning treatments are done at parlors and spas. However they are quite expensive. Could I be told effective ways to help in body skin whitening. Any recommended steps to follow?
Doctor I got itching over my root of penis and some black pigmentation on skin over should and upper arm give me a remedy pls.
Hello. I had perianal abscess which got drained in April 2014. The doctor put me on ciprofloxacin 500 mg 6 hourly and Enzomac twice in a day. After a month wound healed but there was always an opening about size of a needle head a the wound. The pus reoccurred thrice during these two years. Doctor prescribes antibiotics and sitz bath and it goes in few days. This time after 8 months there is a discharge as well. Doctor put me on satlum 375 and after 3 days it is almost 90% fine. There is just a small drop of discharge that too if I squeeze the place tightly. Doctor says it is a fistula and advised Mr. fistulogram. Can I live with it without surgery without having any complications. I fear if I do surgery there are still chances of reoccurene. It doest hurt me. There is no pain. It gets fine after antibiotics for few days and goes for 7- 8 months. It gets bad if I have constipation otherwise fine. Should I go for Mr. fistulogram. Is it painful. I fear if they inject dye it will open up the wound and surgery will become unavoidable. Presently after 3 days of medication and sitz bath I feel 100 % fine. Please advise sir.
Please suggest better medicines for yeast infection. Some say usage of pure coconut oil may solve the issue. Kindly suggest.
The first thing anyone notices about you is your face and often people find themselves wishing for things like a slimmer nose, fuller lips etc. This is where facial cosmetic surgery comes in. Facial cosmetic surgery can address areas like your eyebrows, nose, cheeks, chin etc to give you the facial structure you've dreamed of.
Take a look at some of the common types of facial cosmetic procedures:
- Brow lift: Frown lines and creases that develop across the forehead, between the eyes and over the nose bridge can be addressed through this procedure. This surgery is performed mainly to combat signs of aging and involves raising eye brows that may be sagging over the eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness in the upper eye lids may be caused by excessive fat deposits. When combined with sagging skin, it can disturb the contours of the eye and in some cases cause vision problems. Blepharoplasty or eye lid surgery removes this excess skin and corrects fine lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes.
- Nose: A rhinoplasty is used to reconstruct the nose. The nasal skin is separated from the tissue and cartilage structure underneath which is then reshaped as desired and then sutured together again. Rhinoplasty is of two types; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Ears: An octoplasty is a facial cosmetic surgery aimed at correcting protruding ears or large outer ears and correcting ear deformities such as a lop ear, cupped ear or shell ear and torn ear lobes. This surgery is usually performed on children between the ages of 4 to 14.
- Chin: Surgery on your chin can reshape it to make it look smaller or bigger as desired. This can be done by reshaping the jaw bone or inserting an implant. In some cases the procedure may be combined with liposuction.
- Forehead: Signs of aging on the forehead, frown lines or heavy brows triggered by stress and hereditary furrowed lines above the nose can be addressed with a forehead lift. This procedure is often performed along with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
- Facelift: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity. This triggers the development of wrinkles and deepens creases along the nose and cheek. Facelifts address these signs of aging by tightening skin and strengthening the muscles beneath it. Facial cosmetic surgery can also be used to correct congenital defects such as cleft lips and to treat scars.
Surgery to repair a cleft lip or cleft palate not only enhances appearances but also enhances the quality of life by improving functionality. Scar revision surgery involves the injecting or application of steroid medication to lighten the scar and make it less obvious. To treat burns that leave behind prominent scars, a procedure called Z plasty may be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.