Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
Hey, Sir meri umre 22 years hai. I have recently start my sex Life But I have Some Problem In During Sex With Partner. Me Sex ke Dauran Jaldi Hi Discharge Ho Jata Hu kuch 2-3 minute me hi, Is Wajah Se Me meri partner ko Satisfied nahi kar para Aur Chahte Hue Bhi Use Khushi nahi De pata.
Due to excessive masturbation my semen is diluted too much and there is problem in erection also. Please suggest a suitable remedy.
I get swelling in my feet if I sit on a chair and hang my feet down, or when I stand for a long duration, say an hour or two it becomes normal when I lie down and stretch my legs for a few hours.
I am 26 years old main early ejaculation se bahut disturb hun sexual actuvity se pehle hi penis tight b nahi hota k jav tak ejaculation ho jata hai I am unmarried. Main 3- 4 time apni girl friend se sex karne ko try kiya kar hi nahi paya please help me.
What is the symptoms of hepatitis b and AIDS. What medicine should be taken for that disease. Please help me.
Hello Dr. I am a final year medical student and I recently got to know that I am HBsAg positive. I have never underwent any blood transfusion in past, and I am not even involved in any sexually activity with anyone. Probably I have got this via vertical transmission because even my mother is HBsAg positive. USG liver echo texture is normal, also LFT is normal. I wasn't aware about this before and I did take Hepatitis B vaccination in my 3rd year of MBBS. Now, I would like to get advice from you that whether I should get married in future life or not? I don't want that any other person should get infected because of me. I am also worried about life expectancy. I was so much goal oriented till now and wished to do residency from US and do my super-speciality in gastroenterology subject. But, now I feel so low when I got this lab report. Please help me. I need your guidelines and suggestions. Thank you so much.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 25 years old male and I have pain in my left side of my stomach it used to pain as if I was pin with a needle.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.