Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. VetrivendanYour feedback matters!
Mother is 70 years old and requires tooth implant. Doctor is going to do after 2 days but has not advice any pressure check or blood test. How safe is that? Should we go ahead with the surgery?
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from 15 days. May I know reàsons for mouth ulcers and how to cure permanently from this problem. Please advise.
Sir mere daato ke masudhe gayab ho rahe hai same k 4 daato ke (front lower) and 1 front upper. I am so scared. Please help me.
My tongue was in shape of teeth cut shape and red dot also Fast three months still have, whats the problem And I masturbating daily, is this was a reason?
Mera beta abhi 6 years ka hai 2 years pahle girne se uske aage k 3 teeth toot gaye abhi tak nai aye pls bataye dubara ane Mai koi problem to nai hogi
I have liver infection. Because of that I think I have bad breath problem and yellow layer on my tongue. Can you please suggest me something so that I get rid of my bad breath.
Jaw is locked. Can not open mouth and also have problem of wisdom tooth on same side. Please advise.
I am 41 year male my mouth opens only very less as I used to chew paan masala and tobacco, my cheek are sensetive to heat and cold, could not eat spicy, warm and cold food. How to cure this?
I have highly gastric and acidic problem where my ear, nose, mouth becomes dry and blockage in my ears with sticky substance, tongue is absolutely white with acid and dry including nose feels uneasy with respiration problems.
I have a problem of bruxism. Every time when I wake up in the morning it's very painful in my jaw. Can it be because of stress. If yes, then suggest and help.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.