Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Venkat PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am having bad breath for the past two months. Brushing after every meal but not much relief. Please advise remedy.
I have hole on both side of my teeth on left & right when drink normal water then it will pain given any solution.
Sir my father is facing a problem with cavity. Cavity passes upto root. He is taking amoxicillin suggested by doctor. Sir\madam my question is we want take teeth out (nikalvaana cahte hai). I want some suggestion on this.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
Onions have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that control a toothache. It can provide relief from pain by killing the germs causing an infection.
At the first sign of a toothache, chew raw onion for a few minutes to relieve the pain.
If you are not able to chew it, place a piece of raw onion directly on the bad tooth or gum.
What can be reason of light black lines forming I teeth of 9 month old baby. How can we get rid of it.
My teeth became yellow for that one of my friend told about cleaning (teeth) but I think it is not advisable so, in your vision what is advisable.
Hi sir or mam me agr gutka kal se chod do tho me kitne time me recover hojawoga n agr chod diya tho uske baad koi bimari hogi n 1 saal ke ander recovered ho skta hu mai please rply.
I have yellowness in my teeth. Blood also have come. Please give some home remedies to remove my teeth's yellowness nd advise how stop blood in teeth during brushing and eating.
My face has become dull due blackheads I used many cosmetic but it still appear. I do not know why I feel tired up every day my eyes get tired my teeth. I know what to do please tell what to do?
Who do reduce yellow scars/marks on teeth. I would like to knw is der is any home remedy's or I should take any treatment.
Could chewing too much gum have caused the white patch on my mouth? I chew gum all day, almost every day. I noticed I have a white patch on the inside of my mouth on one side. Could chewing too much gum have caused this?
I am having a problem in my toung. When I am eating anything, my under toung is very paining. please tell tell me what I do.
I have a blister in my mouth (inside left cheek) which bursts and comes back again after a couple of days. It is right next to the wisdom tooth. What is the right course of action?
I have filling in my tooth, but still I feel sensation. What to do? Should I go for root canal treatment? I even had a medicated teeth wash, is it harmful for teeth or has any effect in future?
One year back I was suffering from jaw problem. When I contacted a doctor he prescribed me to take pacetane 2 half in the morning and half in the afternoon. Now there is no problem. Still I am taking the tablet. Is there any side effect from theat tablet. Can I stop taking the tablet ?
Hyperdontia is an oral condition where people may have an overcrowding of teeth in their mouths due to the growth of extra teeth which are known as supernumerary teeth, in dental terms. This problem may hit people of any gender, background and medical history. This is caused when an extra tooth bud is found in the tissue from which the teeth typically grow. The most common cases are those that affect children who are already suffering from Down's Syndrome.
This article will tell you all about coping with and correcting the issue:
- Problems Experienced: Let us first understand the various problems that a patient may experience. To begin with, there may difficulty when it comes to eating and chewing as too many teeth will make this task cumbersome. Also, this condition may prevent the normal teeth eruption process. Further, these teeth may fuse with the permanent teeth in the mouth of the patient. And finally, all this can also lead to the formation of a cyst or tumour.
- Check Ups and Diagnosis: In order to treat this problem, the dentist will first of all conduct a thorough check up of the mouth of the patient and try to find the exact cause of the ailment. This will also be done with the help of lab tests based on blood samples as well as a dental X-ray. Further, the most important thing that the dentist will try to check is whether or not the supernumerary teeth are affecting the growth of the permanent teeth, in any way.
- Tooth Extraction: Once the dentist has had a look at the problem, he or she will be in a better position to take a call regarding whether or not the supernumerary teeth need to be removed. In most cases, these teeth will not be removed unless the said tooth is loose, which in turn can present the risk of choking by passing into the lungs. If tooth extraction has been decided upon, then the orthodontist or the dentist will do so by administering local anaesthesia first. Depending on the severity of the condition, the tooth may have to be cut and removed in pieces while the doctor has to ensure that there is enough space left for the permanent teeth to grow and find a place for themselves.
- Alignment: After the process of extraction is done, the dentist has to ensure that there is proper alignment of the teeth with the help of proper orthodontic methods for the remaining teeth to grow in a proper manner. Endodontic treatment will be used for fused treat in order to work on the tooth pulp and tissue in the surrounding area.