Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. VelduraiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from knee pains since many years. I tried a lot of medicines but no relief. Please suggest me a permanent solution.
I am 25 year old male and have headache and backache from last 1 month I have used pain killer and ointment cream etc from couples of days but have not got any relief what should I do?
Hi I am age 33 I am suffering from leg knee pain (right leg) past from 3 three months, I can walk but I cant climb the steps. Can please guide me for what reason I have got knee pain? please suggest some tablet for this problem.
My right leg is small as compared to left leg due to plaster .when I was born. But know. Difference easily identified by other which make offward. As I am kabbaddi player I hve to wear small pant .makes very offward. Any medicine will help me in growth of leg. Thank you.
I have big pain in leg knees. When I take a stand from a seat, a crack sound heard from it. And it will cause a great pain to me.
I have a lot of back pain just below my shoulder blade and when I like sit for a long time or use laptop for a long time this pain and there is a lump under my right nipple which pains a lot with this backpain sometimes this pain is unbearable. I talked about this with my parents they said its just normal back pain and this is because of my gym exercises. Its been three months since I left the gym and the pain is going nowhere.
I am having headaches and feel pain at vertigo. The headaches give lot of pain and it keeps coming back. What to do?
Sir my friend is only just 16 years old. He had surgery in knee that over growth or swelling in knee exostosis in knee. How many days will it take to get normal after surgery and CAN he masturbate after surgery in just 15 days,what are the side effects.
Dear doctor. I don't know whether I am having the diabetic or not. But I am feeling foot burns on both foots. Kindly let me know what have to do? My habits less rest. And no proper digestion happening.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.