Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. VelduraiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 40 yrs old I had l4, l5 problem means like a butterfly shape is there, but last year summer ending I face a problem of knee to foot and elbow to fingers burning sensation is there, at that time I met one Dr. He given a simple medication means daily one tab of nuerobeian and daily morning and evening 30 mins walking with belt after that I relive that pain now means after one year I facing same problem and one more thing when I wear the belt after that my total body is shivering and motion sensation is there means some times coming some times may not total body is dehydrogenation feeling is there please kindly give me a best suggestion thanking you.
I am facing backpain since 3 months. I use only painkiller. Bcoz doctor give me some tablets of painkiller and other. please advice me.
Hi i am suffering from slip disc l3 & l5. Doc hv suggested for surgery but I don't wan to go for it. Pls suggest me anything beside that please.
Iam 24 hears old. Iam getting back bone pain at the hip position. I have acidity problem. Can you suggest how to get rid off these.
I am suffering from a pain on back of my right waist for around 3 weeks. If I apply any ointment or balm, pain gets reduced for 1-2 days. After that it returns again. But I was not hit in waist by any way. Again if I lie on my stomach for 1-2 hours at a stretch, then while I try to get up, it feels like my waist got locked. After that if I try to bend forward then I have to hold my waist by hand else I feel insufferable pain. Please advise.
Hi! I am 31 years male from last 2 years I had a back pain gone through treatment and MRI, it's found that there is a minor gap in lower spine, after that I am having homeopathic treatment and regular exercise, but from last one month my right side back is paining basically in the morning time, standing for than half an hour it's pain and feeling unenergetic. Please suggest what to do n which homeopathic medicine should take currently I am taking photo something medicine suggested by homeopathy. Kindly suggest.
I feel cracking sound/popping in my joints. specially in my knees and neck and ankles. What may be cause and what should be treatment. My wife also have same problem. We take calcium tablets but no result. Problem is remaining.
Respect sir, I have severe back pain since 4 years due to nerve pressed from hip of right leg (sciatica) and numbness & serve pain in knee & ankle. I have done physiotherapy several times and applied various ointments, should I go for operation. Please help me.
I have problem on my shoulder joint so I am going to work then the shoulder joint is almost pain whats the solution please solve the problem on my joint.
I am having cervical disc bulge and lumbar disc bulge. Please suggest me a pillow for sleeping. Is a pillow with microfiber ok? If any specific company please suggest.
Sir I have to knee problems for both legs. When I sit or stand up then arise a voice and some pain too. So please solve the problem.
Literally translated into two words – arthro (joint) and scopy (to look), arthroscopy refers to a process used to look into a joint. The doctor uses an instrument known as arthroscope which is used to examine a joint in greater detail. What was initially used mainly in diagnosis has gradually grown to include use of instruments through the arthrocope, thereby allowing for some surgical treatments to be done as well.
- Diagnosis of joint problems like cartilage tears
- Repairing joint problems
- Remove foreign bodies in a joint
- Track response to treatments
- Identify disease progression
- Used during an open surgery to:
- Remove fragments or spurs of tissues
- Shave off sharp edges
- Collect fluid or tissue samples
- Remove swollen tissues
- Take biopsy
- Extract swollen joint fragments
- Remove deposits of calcium or other minerals
- Usually done as an outpatient procedure
- The procedure in terms of what to expect will be explained to the patient
- A sedative is given and the area to be studied is usually shaven and topical antiseptic is applied
- Vital signs are monitored
- Regional or local anethesia is generally used, where only the joint to be studied is injecte with a local anesthetic.
- In cases where the patient is undergoing an open surgery, general anesthesia would be given.
- The patient’s position would depend on the joint being studied, usually, is made to lie on the back.
- A tourniquet is used to restrict blood flow to the particular joint
- A small incision is made in the joint space and the instrument is introduced into the joint space. There is a constant slow flow of saline or another irrigant (to which chlorhexidine might be added) to improve visibility and to remove debris and control infection
- Other joint tools are used as required during the procedure either to cut off small fragments of tissue or to remove debris or foreign body.
- Once all procedures are done, the joint is thoroughly flushed to clear off any debris.
- It is closed with stitches after final inspection
- During recovery, crutches or splints may be used depending on the patient’s overall condition
- Duration of the procedure depends on what actually was done. An inspection could last about 20 minutes while a procedure could take a couple of hours.
After the procedure:
I am 21 years old. I have been suffering from hamstring injury. I have been given some pain killer tablets. But that are not working. Kindly tell me which medicines to take. How many days will it take to recover?
I am 21 years old. I am going until 4th floor through the steps 2 times at morning, 1 time at evening. Is it affect my heart and knee? Or Is it reduce my Weight?
I am 27 years old. I live in a small town. I feel pain in my elbow when I raise it since last 6 months. Sometime I got relief from by using pain killers. I consult with many doctors, but I am not succeed. So please provide me a proper guidance.
Greetings sir/madam. I have a pain in calf region in my both legs and during bed time pain remains more. I want to know why it occurs and suggest me a home remedies and exercise.
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.