Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
My wife is in her thirties, is having acidity problem for some weeks now, earlier she used to take antacids like gelusil, reflux forte and this would help, but problem seems acute after doctor check up for some 3 weeks she is taking pan d, antacid syrup, as per advise taking care of food, avoiding sour curd & citrus fruits, avoiding hot milk, having normal, less spicy food, but she still has gas coming from mouth, not feeling completely cured, and has some itching in oesophagus, request you to guide & advise whether another medicines, need to be taken, or whether her currents food intake is ok or do you have any other advise on food habit/ diet? please help as she is wants to get well normal soon.
Hello, I have few dark marks on my body, major part on my neck and few marks near to my underarms. It's been quiet a while these have been stayed on my body & I am not sure how did these marks appear on my body & I am not sure what kind of medication do I need to take in order to reduce them. Any medicines to reduce these marks on my body. Please suggest. Thank you so much.
My blood result for hepatitis B antibodies result is 2.0 UI/L which meas do I infected by hepatitis?
Why do I get headaches every week and when I get a saridon tablet after that I feel no more headache.
I am prediabetes. My age 35. Recently I heard "telangana sona "(RNR) it is rice lo glysimin index 50to 55.in news paper also told that take meals daily 3to 4 time it is not harmful to human body. Is it correct sir.
I am using inhelar for last 10 years. My age is 22. Report says I domt have Asthma but dr gives me inhelar. Sometimes I have breath problem. How can I completely cure?
I am 20 years old. Suffering from pcod. Doctor prescribed diane35. But I have another problem. Of over weight. I do exercises n take low fat food. But I can't control my weight. Pls give me necessary suggestions.
Hello sir I have gas and acidity problem regular every day last one year my name is Vinod thakur I am 47 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hello I'm going through a problem, the problem is I'm an employee work in night shifts daily timings are 9 pm to 6 am im unable sleep in the morning times because I'm not feeling sleepy in the morning the only time I feel sleep is in the mid night during work, please tell me how to get proper sleep and how many hours should I sleep to stay healthy because I've heard working in night shifts is not good for health and become thin if it's true how to overcome it and maintain good health condition Please reply and thanks in advance.
I have etching in my whole boly mostly leg and back side under the soldiers. After this I have darks mark of scratches in body. What should I do? Please tell me.
Hi, I am 25 years old (male). I was suffering with fever from last 2 days. And today I am feeling feverish and headache but my body temperature is 97.4 Pls suggest.
I am a diabetic n taking medicine for this but how do I know that it is type one or type 2 diabetes. ?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.