Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VasanthaYour feedback matters!
What's the reason behind the irregular time period. From last 2 months my days irregular 5 to 6 days are fluctuating.
After DandC for how many days we are supposed to not participate sex. Please explain. As we are much interested in having a baby immediately as soon as possible.
Hello doctors, I am 26 years old and I am a married woman. I didn't get periods from 2 months, I already checked with pregnancy kit, it shown as negative (single line) still I have a doubt about my pregnancy, so please suggest me.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children.
While pregnancy is a wonderful experience for most women, it also brings its fair share of troubles. Nourishing and developing another life inside your body could sometimes be a challenging experience. A lot of health issues can also arise due to it, such as back pain, feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and unbearable cramps.
However, these can be easily controlled or reduced to ensure that pregnancy is a joyful experience if you take proper care of your body. Ayurvedic remedies to make your pregnancy a joyful experience:
- Food cravings should be favored: It is important to eat what you desire. During pregnancy, follow a well balanced diet containing a lot of proteins, starch and vegetables. After the fourth month, you should satisfy all your cravings which are more likely coming from the merging nutritional requirements of the developing baby.
- Balance energy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a balanced nervous system. This should be done by consuming a diet of plant-based, processed foods along with whole and sprouted grains. Start eating freshly cooked food with olive and coconut oil. Avoid consuming leftover food.
- Avoid certain foods: Try to prevent consuming spicy hot foods, uncooked leafy vegetables and undercooked lentils and beans. These food products can cause gas. Avoid preservatives, chemical additives and artificial flavors as they can cause severe stomach aches.
- Right form of milk: Drink warm non-homogenized milk with ghee. Mix the ghee with one cup of milk everyday to boost the baby’s immunity.
- Ayurvedic oils: Pregnancy can also cause pain in the abdomen area. This can be reduced by massaging your belly with Ayurvedic oil. This calms down your nerves and also helps you relax. Sesame oil and lavender oil are two good choices for this.
- Avoiding morning sickness: Sometimes morning sickness can occur from the sixth week of your pregnancy. Roast and grind cardamom seeds and eat a pinch of it each day. Sip ginger or fennel seed tea to reduce morning sickness.
- Exercise: Pregnancy can make you tired and feel exhausted easily. Practice yoga or go for a walk daily to feel energetic. This is also good for the development of the fetus. Meditation will also help reduce any form of stress and help you deal with the physical and psychological issues of pregnancy.
Hello. How can I produce breast milk without pregnancy? Please Give me some medication info as well as home remedies. I have taken domperidone tablets but there was no result. Help me please.
I'm 26 years old female. I'm in a relationship from last 5 years and will get marry to the same guy this year but my problem is I don't allow him to sex. We tried 6 times all failed. I don't know what stops me doing this although I love him, trust him a lot but when are about to sex I stopped him even I don't allow him to touch. What should I do?
My g. F had mc on 24-1 and we had sex on 6-02.. She normally have menstrual cycle of 5 days. We used condom but while pulling out tip of condom got stuck in her vagina and my penis was out of condom. I ejaculated near her vagina but wipe out sperm as fast as possible. To be sure she took I pill next day. Is there any chance of pregnancy.
It is five days late from the time of my regular periods I didn't get periods can I take deviry tablet to get periods?
Lip Correction is performed by women who want reduction of the inner lips on the outside of the vagina or labia minora. The reduction is done as many women are uncomfortable with the shape as well as the size of their labia. The swelling of the labia often causes discomfort in exercising, and women are unable to wear bathing suits as well as fitting clothes. It also causes interference in the sexual activity and sometimes it becomes very embarrassing and difficult to maintain basic hygiene.
There are numerous variations in the thickness, size, color and shape of the vaginal tissues and not many women are aware of the prominent size as well as size of their labia. There are many women who are not at all concerned with the appearance of the labia. However, some women who suffer from these symptoms are very upset and feel their self-image is diminished, and it is important in such case that reduction of the Labia minora be done. It is through Lip Corrections that women can take control of their body and reshape their labia just like women who do augmentation of their breasts.
It is very important to know everything about Lip Correction before opting for this surgery. It is important to do some research online and visit websites that provide information on vaginal surgeries. The surgical techniques that are used for Lip Corrections are many, but it must be conducted by a certified surgeon who is well-experienced and does the vaginal rejuvenation with perfection.
When Must Lip Corrections Be Considered-
Lip Corrections is a surgical process, and that is done specially to correct an outsized or irregular labia minora. The tissues adjacent to the vulva of the vagina are reduced, and this surgery is done both for aesthetic reasons as well as for medical purposes. The surgery can be considered by a woman at times to feel physiologically and emotionally good, and at times it is done for purposes like.
- Irregular shape of the labia
- Oversize of the vaginal folds
- Protruding labia
- Discomfort caused due to thickness of the Labia
- Labial disease that can occur after childbirth
- Duration of Surgery
The excess skin is cut, and then it is sewn over the edge during the surgery. The disadvantage of this surgery is that after the surgery, the long vertical stitch line gives the area an unattractive appearance. It takes approximately an hour and half for the surgery to take place, and the patient is generally given local anaesthesia during the surgery.