Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasantha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VasanthaYour feedback matters!
While sex with my husband my vagina burns too much. As well as its hurts lot please help me? After sex my vagina burns continues which caused I had stomach pain.
Green tea has been promoted as one of the healthiest beverages around. It is made from the same kind of leaves (camellia sinensis) as generic black tea or oolong tea. The primary difference is that while processing the leaves for green tea, the withering and fermentation procedures are avoided, which helps the leaves retain more nutrients. However, green tea comes with quite a few side effects just like ordinary tea or coffee. They are:
1. Digestive problems
Since green tea is not put through the oxidation or fermentation process, the tannins present in the leaves are not removed. Tannins, can cause nausea and constipation by producing more gastric acid. Adding a little milk to your tea might help with this problem.
2. Reduced absorption of iron
Green tea contains catechins- antioxidants, which can block the absorption of iron from food. Iron deficiency has a number of negative impacts, the most threatening one being anemia where red blood cell formation is hindered. Anemia causes fatigue because sufficient oxygen is not circulated throughout the body due to low haemoglobin levels.
3. Problems with the nervous system
Green tea contains caffeine, just like tea or coffee, though its caffeine content is lower. Excessive consumption can lead to insomnia-like tendencies, heightened anxiety, frequent urination, irregular heartbeat, muscle cramps etc.
4. Risks during pregnancy
Caffeine decreases calcium content in the body, leading to weaker bones, which is an alarming symptom in an expecting mother. Also, caffeine, catechins and tannins are individually related to increased risks of miscarriage and other negative effects. Tannins and catechins passed on to breast milk can also block absorption of nutrients like proteins and fats in an infant's system.
5. Reactions with medication
Several chemical drugs are extremely reactive to the polyphenols in green tea, especially stimulant drugs like nicotine, ephedrin and amphetamine. Green tea reduces the functioning of lithium and dipyridamole. The polyphenols may also block the healing properties of the anti-cancer drug name bortezomib. Any kind of interference with your regular medication may impact your health adversely.
6. Negative impact on patients with glaucoma
The disease impairs the optic nerve and green tea increases the pressure on the eye within minutes of drinking it because caffeine accelerates intraocular pressure. The effects take more than an hour to subside.
- The practice of drinking cold milk during this fast/ this day has its origins in science. Sharad ritu (autumn season) brings in very hot days and cool nights. During such weather, ‘pitta’ or acidity or the body heat becomes predominant in our body. Consumption of milk, rice flakes is a good remedy for ‘pitta’.
- There is also a close connection between the moon and the sharad purnima day – the moon is believed to be close to the earth on the day and it is believed that moon’s rays contain nourishing elements. People believe that as the moon is nearest to the earth on the day and as moon’s rays has several curative properties it will be helpful to human beings. So people spend the evening under moonlight.
- Chandra, the moon god, is associated with herbs and medicine in hinduism. The rays are believed to be associated with cold, phlegm, asthma, distress, insomnia, weak left eye, breasts and womb effected in astrology. The rays being cooling in nature suppress the body heat.
- The showering of bhakti raas on the sharad purnima night by krishna on gopis and radha has been the main theme for poets and philosophers and still continues to attract the fantasies of common man. The sharad purnima night is also seen as the night of love and couples come out at night to face the moon and express their love. Therefore, sharad purima becomes the night of pure unconditional love and meditation.
- Meditation for at least 5 minutes in front of the" moon amrit shower" brings peace and health to the mind and the body (the ideal timing for meditation today is 8.50 pm to 12.10 am).