Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VasanthaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am married and for the last 6 months I and my wife are trying hard to conceive but all in vain can you please tell us why we are not able to conceive and wat measures we should take for being successful.
Why nipple discharge happens. Having Normal period. Negative UPT. Doctor prescribed cabergoline. Please tell me all about these. CAN SHE BE NORMAL AGAIN OR IS IT OF HIGHLY BAD SITUATION?
I have a problem of dark hot flashes of menstrual prior to the actual menstrual period date. For instance, if I get periods on 10th of this month, I get that flash traces a week before. Is it normal or due to some deficiency? Please suggest.
Hi I am pregnant just got confirmed n am also having stomach pain often I have consultant a doctor n took scan where they said thickened endometrium so its pregnancy and they also said that I have cyst in my left ovarian complex and polycystic changes in right ovary in these cases is it safe to be pregnant or I can abort n first take treatment.
Hi doctor, me and my wife trying for baby, my wife takes some medicine of hcg also doc give injection before her evaluation period. actually doctor said her egss are not getting developed properly that's why that injection and hcg medicine she has to take. After giving injection doc say to do sex for at least one week which is her evaluation period. But after doing 4 or 5 days continue sex on 6 or 7 day my penis not get erection. Or sometime after erection sperm not get released during intercourse. So is it normal? If not what food or medicine or anything should I start or stop for better sex.
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
My wife is pregnant 13 weeks as of now all reports ok but evening time she feel sick and all day vomiting. Pls suggest wat I am do.
Some kind of menstrual irregularity, often accompanied by pain in lower abdomen is one of the most common presenting complaints about a gynecologist.
An irregular period is generally a symptom of some hormonal imbalance (estrogen and progesterone) in the body and is commonly encountered in young girls at the time of menarche ( a time when a girl starts to have the menstrual cycle) and around menopause. Menstrual irregularity can also be seen immediately after childbirth or after removal of intrauterine contraceptive device (iucd). Other common causes include thyroid gland dysfunctions, the presence of fibroids or polyps inside the uterus and excessive stress, including examination stress.
It is important to know a few more important details in order to evaluate and understand the same and make any recommendations. These include-
- Duration of menstrual irregularity
- Kind of irregularity- the interval between two cycles, amount of blood flow and no of days of flow.
- Any associated pain in lower abdomen.
- Associated weight gain, a growth of excessive facial hair or discharge from nipples.
Early assessment of menstrual disorders also requires an ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen to assess the condition of uterus and ovaries, specifically to rule out polycystic ovaries, and estimation of following hormone levels in the body - tsh, fsh, lh, prolactin and testosterone. These blood tests should be done on the second or third day of the periods.
The women experiencing menstrual irregularities should try and manage their weight so as to maintain a bmi of less than 25 kg/m2.
A healthy lifestyle including intake of a balanced diet, moderate exercise and avoiding any stress are very useful simple steps every woman can take on their own. In cases with severe irregularity, the woman may be required to get rid of the iucd, start a birth control pill to regulate the sex hormone levels during cycle and treatment for thyroid dysfunctions, if required.
You can consult with me for more information or treatment for menstrual disorders.
My friend had unprotected sex! On 20th day of it's mensuration cycle! How to prevent birth there has been 6 days since she had sex!
I met my wife after long ago and today we had too much sex ,almost 3or4 times in a day .Here the weather is very hot almost 40 degree usually, and now I am facing extreme joints pain and kind of fever .thank you.
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am planning to conceive,but my mensulation is regular but for last june 2014 its e regular from in few month 10 to 15 days in the month of june and dec but in the month of jan i did not get mensulalation till 1st of march the last mensuration last starting date is 9th dec. So,i want to knew why its delay and also i not get positive result.
My gf had ipill on 13th Dec, on 19th at 11 am she started bleeding, with abdominals pain, nothing, please tell me what to do.
Do I need to take an I pill if I had unprotected sex with my bf just before 3 days of my scheduled periods I had my previous periods on 20th june and I had sex on 16th july. M I safe?
Dark Chocolate May Boost Athletic Performance.
A flavanol in the cocoa bean and in dark chocolate called epicatechin increases the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to dilate and reduces oxygen consumption, which experts say can help athletes to maintain their pace for longer. In this study, cyclists either consumed a daily allotment of dark chocolate that was rich in flavanols or white chocolate. After two weeks, the cyclists performed a series of cycling exercise tests. The researchers found that the riders who ate dark chocolate used less oxygen when cycling at a moderate pace than to those who given white chocolate and they also traveled further in a two-minute flat-out time trial.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole.
Here are danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist:
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Abnormal vaginal odour - Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.