Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varun Kumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Varun KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I'm not addicted to drinking, drug's or smoking but all of the above I'm addicted to one thing that is more dangerous than all that is" Masturbation" That thing is killing me I can't over come this. The following are the thing's I've been affected 1. Knee pain, hip pain, joint's pain for the past 12 years & its getting worse now. 2. I've undergone a Laparoscopic surgery for removing gall bladder because stone has been formed in it and doctors advised to remove it. Operation done on Jan 2013. And I'm a severe pancreatitis too. 3. Severe hair fall & white hair forming. I can experience it by seeing stage by stage at first the hair is becoming thin (like health less condition) and blading. And I'm ageing too. I smoke 1 cigrate for one day and drink 1 beer for 2 months once. I'm Dying doctor, can this be curable or not. Please frankly tell me. Because of this habit I've lost my career, my Precious health, my personality openly speaking I lost Everything in this Life. I'm the Very Worst, useless Creature in this Planet.
Hi, I have just read your article: Lower Back Pain - Treatment And Care Procedures! Can you please suggest some stretches as well which help in alleviating the pain. Thank You.
I am suffering from back pain. I have severe pain in joints. My eyes also pain I have lost my appetite. My knees pain. please help me by some suggestion Thanks.
My collar bone is broken 4 weeks ago, But still I can not move my arm in full motion, When I tried to lift my hand on my own it starts paining. What should I do now?
My wife is 41 she is suffering for last four months from frozen shoulder. Physio therapy and medication not working. She is not diabetic please tell what to do ?
Mere cousin ki ek hand ki ungli 8 year pahle achanak murti chali gayi, dikkat ab ye ho rahi hai ki ab us ungli ke thik bagal wali ungli bhi jhuk rahi hai, kya wo kisi surgery se thik ho sakti hai. Agar ha, to kaha.
My mom is height is 5 and weight I approx 70 to 75 kgs. Shes not able to walk properly bcoz she complains abt leg pain while walking and over and above swelling doesn't go only. We had done check up of kidney and all everything came normal. Pls suggest..
I have an irregular tear involving lateral meniscus tear in my left knee and grade I chondromalacia of patella involving lateral facet. I swim brisk walk and play golf with pain recurring now and then . What is the best exercise to keep fit and get over with this pain.
Movement of the human body is possible through various joints which work in coordination to allow for smooth painless movement. However, with age, these muscles and tendons undergo wear and tear which gradually leads to tender swollen joints and painful movement.
The knee is the largest human joint and most of the body movements (walking, running, squatting, sitting, etc.) are only possible because of the flexible knee cap. Whether with age or with injury or trauma, if the knee is affected, then total knee replacement (TKR) would be required.
Indications: With a success rate of almost 98%, knee replacement almost seems magical for arthritis patients.
Wear and tear of the knee leading to arthritis. This causes all knee movements to be painful, which can be especially distressing at night.
Injury or trauma where the knee joint is damaged beyond repair.
What to expect during surgery?
- Once it is decided that surgery is required, the doctor will brief you on what to expect before, during, and after the surgery.
- The operation is done under combined signal epidural anaesthesia, so 3 days admission is required in the hospital.
- The damaged portion of the knee is removed and this is replaced with an implant which is made up of titanium and cobalt chromium.
- Hospital stay can vary from 3 to 5 days depending on overall condition of the person.
- Most patients will be able to do basic movement on the very next day of the surgery.
- Ice pack and painkillers can be applied to control swelling.
- The pain will be completely gone within 15 days.
- In the beginning, walking with the support of parallel bars is advised (walker). This can be followed by the use of cane for the first few days to avoid overload and damage to the knees.
- Most people can walk the next day, though it is advisable to use a cane for the first few weeks so that knee can strengthen to support the load.
- Regular postoperative visits should be scheduled for up to 2 months after surgery.
- In addition, it is extremely important to draw up an exercise regimen and follow it to sustain and improve mobility.
- In the absence of regular exercise, there could be stiffness of the joint which can set in and further aggravate the situation
- Driving is permissible only after the doctor's advice.
Let your doctor know before going for any surgical procedure (including dental work) as people with TKR should have antibiotic coverage before any procedure.