Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vanitha.A
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vanitha.AYour feedback matters!
Belly fat may not be a severe medical problem in most individuals. However, it looks aesthetically displeasing and can affect long term health if not controlled at the right time. However, one must keep in mind that dieting and exercising go hand in hand. One cannot rely only on one of them to reduce belly fat.
Mentioned below are a few ways to remove belly fat:
- Avoid sugar: Sugar and other sweetened products must be avoided. Excessive intake of sugar floods the liver with fructose which is then turned to fat. This leads to insulin resistance and metabolic problems. Eliminate sugary drinks and try unsweetened beverages like tea or coffee. However, caffeine, too, must be taken in moderate amounts.
- Eat protein: Protein is considered to be the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight. Most of the calories in protein are digested. It is the single most effective change in terms of calorie intake since it reduces your craving by 60% and boosts your metabolism.
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates: Cutting carbohydrates from your diet reduces your appetite and therefore belly fat. Consuming only 50 grams of carbohydrates per day assists in losing weight fast.
- Other dietary changes: Eat foods that are rich in fiber and do not skip meals. If you starve yourself for long periods of time, the body conserves fat by breaking down muscle tissue. This is called catabolic state. Eating in small amounts every two hours is also helpful for those looking to trim their belly fat. This helps to avoid overeating and keeps your metabolism up the entire day by processing food throughout the day.
- Track your calorie intake: It is very important to keep track of the amount of calories you consume so as to make the necessary changes in your dietary plans. You can keep track of it in a food journal or on diet-related websites.
- Exercise: Regular exercising is of utmost importance while trying to lose belly fat. Aerobic exercises, crunches (side, reverse or twist crunches), cycling, lunge twist, rolling plank exercises, captain's chair, the stomach vacuum etc. help in reducing belly fat. Other exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, walking and swimming also help in reducing weight.
What is the safest period for unprotected sex, not using a condom with my gf. Is it fine to get involved in intercourse during periods?
Hii doctors, I am 23, and 15 weeks pregnant today. From last 8 to 10 days I am having severe headaches mostly at night before going to bed. My blood pressure remains 110/70. In last 10 days it has only jumped twice from 110/70 to 130/90 or 140/90. Please suggest what to do as I this pain is not bearable. Feels like something will come out of my head. It pains from both sides and in middle also. Is this common during pregnancy? What can I do to get some relief?
Dr. SM 24 old female. Trying for baby married about one & half year my all reports are normal hubby (35 old) reports are also normal, Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. My weight is 69 Dr. Told me loose your wait. How to lose weight is it cause to my pregnancy and me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please Dr.
I had given birth to baby before 5 nd a half month n till nw my periods hs nt been started and after delivery also it was jst for 28 days. Is this normal?
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Traditional spinal surgeries usually require large incisions and stripping away the muscles of the spinal column just to get to a herniated disc. Now, new technology allows these complex procedures to be performed with the help of a microscope to magnify and illuminate the damaged area. Instead of stripping away the muscle, your surgeon can use a microscope to view the area through a much smaller incision and create a tunnel to the disc. This is done by splitting the muscle to pass the instrument through. Minimally invasive procedures result in less visible scars and shorter recovery times. A discectomy, or removal of the disc, can often be performed this way. However Not all patients are candidates for MIS. Whether the patient an undergo minimally invasive surgery or not is decided on the basis of clinical examination and MRI findings.