Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vallan MahadevanYour feedback matters!
I had a problem that is while brushing time my teeth is bleeding so much what is the precaution to it.
I m suffering from mouth ulcer from 4 days. What should I do to cure it. What are its causes and treatments.
Even after 3 months of tooth filling, I have pain and sensitivity. I repeatedly consulted my doc, who is just shooing me away with pain killers and antibiotics. Please help.
Hi. I am 20years old. My problem is every morning while im brushing, blood is coming out from my throat for more than 2years but I have no pain there. Only when im brushing this is happening. I consulted in jipmer, they said im normal. Still I did'nt get an proper solution. So help me to recover.
I have undergone with 4 root canals. Would I suffer any problems in future and what should I do to take care of them?
Hi I am jabeen, 47. I have mouth ulcer problem from past 3 years I was into homeopathic medicine the problem is not yet solved. If I have spicy and hot things I feel more burning in my mouth and also I have acidity problem m. Please suggest me for this.
He has non healing ulcer right side oral cavity lateral to tongue. Microscopic examination in lab reads as" The smear shows sheet of superficial and intermediate squamous epithelial cells, scattered neutrophil and few small compact clusters of round cells with nuclear atypia. Before lab exam he was prescribed antibiotic Advent and oral gel kenacort 0.1% and candid mouth paint. Please advise.
My teeth broken in age of 20y during playing cricket My upper 2 teeth half broken I know best treatment & treatments coast.
I am 25 years old male. There is a gap between my teeths I want to fillip the gap so what should I do tell me what the surgery required how much cost.
I teeth looks yellowish. Even I brush 2times daily. At mrng and while sleeping. How to reduce yellowishness of teeth.
Hi Prosthodontist or implantologist what is difference? dentist if 8 years experience may not be implantologist. Is it?
Front lower central both teeth are mobile and as per suggestion it may needed minor surgery of root. Kindly tell me how much it will cost and what time it required to complete the same.
My brother is suffering from pyorrhea disease. Also Bad smell. What should be the best home remedies for removing bad smell of teeth and pyorrhea.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have bad breath problem don't know what are the reasons. Is any connection between stomach and breath because some doctors says that you have gastric problem. Pls give me right answer. Thanks in advance.
Only morning brushing means your mouth would have double the amount of bacteria at night (while sleeping). These bacteria remain in the mouth long enough to act on our teeth which will eventually lead to cavities. The cavities in turn will lead to pain and discomfort, along with decay in the tooth.
These pictures show old crown and bridges failing and their replacement with titanium dental implants which not only restore better chewing function but also better aesthetics.