Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
How to use apple cedar vinegar to reduce cholesterol n blood sugar. Should cinnamon powder be mixed.
I had taken some weight gain medicine 2 years ago. After stopping that I am feeling weakness and memory problem, and increase hunger I have done all the test which show normal but my morning 8 am cortisol level is low which is 5.46ug/dl .is it OK or I have to go for treatment. Pls help me ,thank you.
Sir I am 27 years old I feel pain left chest doctor always reported echo ECG blood test is normal always feel pain left chest please you say what I do.
Sir/mam my father has chest pain from last 2month we check it there is no T. B. Show in any reports. Sans b bht jaldi ful jata hai.
So in the past I've had blood tests, doctors looking at my heart, etc and everything has came back "normal" I'm experiencing a lot of chest pain however and am wondering why this might be or what might be causing this.
I checked my diabetics FBS is 260 and PBS is 379 on 25 february. Today I checked my diabetics fbs is 167 and pbs is 215. And also I checked hba1c is 10.1. What is my status and can I able to control without medicine. Past one month without medicine only I reduce the sugar level. Kindly guide me.
I am working professional, I am a 32 years old male and have a chest pain for last 3 months. What should I do?
I am 22 years male. I am getting problem in my chest. Sometime like within 6 months interval I feel a pain there. So I would to know whether I should care about it and consult a doctor or I should leave because pain is not very abnormal. What are your suggestions?
I am having daily high blood pressure medicine, (TELMA 40. I was earlier taking Metpure xl50 for the last 2 years. But changed to Telma 40 2 months back. I am overweight by 10-15 kg. I.e. I am 86 kg. I thought of doing walking and some exercise but few Dr. Asked me to take pre caution as I am a high BP patient. How do I reduce my weight and also keep BP under control.
I have hairball from last one year continue and hyper tension low blood pressure too Just wants to know what r the symptoms of thyroid Is dis thyroid?
I am suffering with chest pain from last four month, I went to the hospital but there is no change. So please give me the suggestion to overcome from the problem. Kindly give me the suggestion Thank you.
I am 19 years old and I have chest pain in left side What should I do to leave this pain? It hurts me to much? It was so painful.
Sir I am 22 years old and I am a chain smoker from last 3 years. But I have some problem in my heart that is it beats very fast i.e.90-95/min .i feel sometimes pain and sometimes difficulty in taking oxygen ?sir please help me? Some times I also got vibrations in full body .please please sir answer me?
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is the most vital thing, since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga.
As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina and obstruction in the blood flow. Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
- Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
- Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
- Removing Ama from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to removing Ama from the body that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
- Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
- Ayurvedic techinque to relieve stress: Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy, wherein Warm oil (or other liquid) pours in a continuous stream over the forehead or ‘ajna marma’, an area where nerves are highly concentrated. The pressure of the oil onto the forehead creates a vibration. The oil saturates the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the nervous system. The gentle pressure and soothing warmth of the oil allow the body, mind and nervous system to experience a deep state of rest, similar to meditation It has a profound impact on the nervous system. It helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress, fatigue and hypertension. It relieves tension, worry, fear and headache as well as depression. It regulates mood and gives feelings of pleasure and relaxation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.