Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 20 year old engg student . Some times I feel so hungry and start shaking hands and feels very weak. And after talking meal its started again after 1 hour . Its happens continue for 2-3 days . My GTT report is . Fasting - 83 After 1 hr - 112 After 2 hr - 105 When check my bp its normal Plzz solution for me . Its happening from around 1 year . My weight is 74 kg Height is 5'9"
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.
• Lifestyle interventions have effects similar to single drug therapy.
• Combinations of two (or more) lifestyle modifications can achieve even better results.
• Maintain normal body weight. A reduction of 5–20 mmHg of BP can be achieved for every 10 kg weight loss.
• Consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products with a reduced content of saturated and total fat. It can reduce a blood pressure of 8–14 mmHg.
• Reduce dietary sodium intake to no more than 100 mmol per day (2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–8 mmHg.
• Do regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (at least 30 min per day, most days of the week). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 4–9 mmHg.
• Limit consumption of alcohol to no more than 2 drinks (1 oz or 30 mL ethanol; e.g., 24 oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80–proof whiskey) per day in most men and to no more than 1 drink per day in women and lighter weight persons. It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–4 mmHg.
Can we control the blood pressure without medicine. I am having stationary blood pressure 140 from last 15 years. Should I take medicine.
Sir, I am smoking continuously since last 4 and a half year, I had suffered breathing blockage sometime, I struggled extremely to breathe during those period. My heart pains also sometime. What can be the cure except quiting smoking? And suggest me few ideas to refine my lungs and remove tar. It would be great help for me. Thanks.
I am 52 years old and had blood pressure problem. In 2010 blood sugar was detected fasting 150 & post fasting 225. Glucoman 500g. I took it for more than 2 years and sugar was under control. But for last 9 month I was erratic as the med was not available in lagos nigeria. About a fortnight back my sugar was high fasting 320 and post fasting 452. Now my doc prescribed me janumet 50mg/1000mg twice a day. The sugar has come down to fasting 150 and post fasting 275. Moreover the bp has also come down 75/130. Can you suggest what to do.
I'm aged 40 years a govt employee, I'm experiencing a strange thing while writing I start feeling scariness by this speed of my writing has reduced drastically, it is effecting my self confidence, I shown to the doctors, they diagnosed as hypertension and right now on pills advised to take one pill in the morning. Pls suggest.
How to increase height of owr body? How to increase weight of owr body? How we should take care of own heart?
How can I cure high blood pressure, sugar and high cholesterol levels simultaneously? what should i do ?
Mics cabg or micas stands for minimally invasive coronary artery surgery. It is a relatively new and advanced technique of performing coronary bypass for coronary artery disease. In this technique the heart is approached through the side of the left chest via a small 4cm incision. This cut is placed just under the nipple. The chest is entered between the ribs without cutting any bones and by splitting the muscle.
Similar to a regular heart surgery the operation is performed using all arteries or a combination of arteries and veins removed from the leg. The vessel from the leg in these operations is also removed endoscopically without cutting the skin over the leg. Highly advanced instrumentation and advanced techniques allow for the operation to be performed very safely.
Mics cabg has several advantages over the traditional technique:
First and foremost is the fact that no bones are cut. This has several advantages in reducing pain, retaining function and having a positive effect on breathing. Unlike traditional heart surgery return to normal life including driving or other activities is not disrupted and can be started almost immediately.
Second, blood loss is almost negligible eliminating blood transfusion in most and eliminating blood borne infection.
Third, all infections are reduced whether it be wound infections or post surgical lung infection. This makes the procedure ideal in diabetics and older patients who have poor resistance to infection.
Fourth, the incision is so cosmetic and measures just 2 – 3 inches that it's practically impossible to tell that a heart operation has been done.
Fifth, the procedure lasts only 4 days unlike the conventional heart surgery that takes 9 days.
All these benefits put together make for ultra short hospitalization and recovery. The best part is that all the blocks irrespective of their location in the heart can be bypassed in a safe and predictable manner.