Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V. Sivakumar
Back Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. V. SivakumarYour feedback matters!
I have pain on my joints for many days I am taking homeopathic medicine but not getting relief. Problem increases at night nd morning .Earlier this I had viral fever also but now I do not have fever.
Hello Doctor. I was feeling a pain in my shoulder joint for a few days and I was advised to get my uric acid tested and the report showed 6.5 unit. I want to know is it normal or above normal. Also I would like to state that I am into moderate weight training (body building) and consume moderate protein everyday. I would like to know that is this level of uric acid something to worry about for my training, or is consuming protein bad for me? Thank You.
YOUR BACK PAIN MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is important that you work with your PHYSIO to formulate a pain management plan that is tailored to suit your individual needs. Any back pain management plan should aim to:·
- Relieve your pain symptoms·
- Help you to recover from acute attacks of pain within 6 weeks·
- Minimize the amount of time you spend off work·
- Allow you to resume your normal level of activity·
- Prevent episodes of acute low back pain from recurring and becoming chronic problems·
- Effectively manage back pain if it does become chronic.
Over the course of your back pain management, you may come into contact with a number of different healthcare professionals. Quite often, people with chronic cases are seen by a combination of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists,pharmacists, psychologists and occupational therapists, who offer their expertise and help them to deal with their pain.
As well as receiving treatment on a one-to-one basis, some people with chronic pain may be able to attend specialists pain clinic for treatment and advice on living a fuller life in spite of their pain. Some healthcare teams may bring together groups of patients with similar pain problems and look at how best to tackle them. Pain services may vary from area to area. Your PHYSIO will be able to put you in touch with local support groups and services.
TIPS FOR A ‘ BACK-FRIENDLY’ BED·
- Choose a mattress that is supportive enough to take the weight of your body without sagging.
- Turn your mattress regularly (every 6 to 12 weeks).
- Choose a mattress that is comfortable to lie on with sufficient ‘ give’ to cushion your bony bits.
- Buy a mattress with a long base.
- Always try out the mattress and base together in the shop before buying.
- Consider a water bed- they support the body without distorting the spine, and are popular with some people.
WHY IS BED REST BAD FOR YOUR BACK
It stiffens your joints.
It weakness your muscles.
It can weakness your bones over long periods.