Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.P.ThiyakarajYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcer. It happens twice or thrice every month. Which is right medicine for this.
I seem to have mouth dryness and I experience some odd taste in my mouth and mouth odour whole day. What's my treatment or diagnosis?
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
Last few days. When I brush in the morning. Blood come out from my teeth. What I do. I am so worried. please help me.
Sir my query is that I had braces when I was 14 yars old. But after sometime of the treatment my teeth again changed their position. And now my upp Er front teeth are not aligned straight. Should I again go for the orthodontics treatment or any other treatment.
After a getting a root canal and crown in my two front top teeth. I think my tooth are loose. Not the crown, the whole teeth. Does this happen normally. If not. What should I do.
Hi I had protected sex dec 02 2015 after 3 days I developed fever and till now the mild fever is On/ Off. I had diarrhea from dec 10 to till date and from last two days I see red dots at the tip of tongue and little white patches on my tongue. Please let me know if I am having HIV?
Hello. I am vinay goel and 22 yrs old. My teeth is little outside and I want braces on it. I try 2 dentist 1. Tell that it is a 1 hr procedure and take 8 or 9 months for this and in rs 18000. But 2. Tell that it is 10 mint procedure and take 2yrs for this. Then which dentist is right? And there is a pain in this procedure?
I have tested negative for hsv1 and hsv2 but I have mouth ulcers and swelling of vermilion center with brown pus filled in it, doctor suggested momate of an oral gel, just would like to know what other conditions can cause this please.
My friend is 22 year old. He has bleeding problem from gum since 3 months. What precaution should I take?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.