Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.P.Thiyakaraj
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. V.P.ThiyakarajYour feedback matters!
I sleep very less, as less as 2-3 hours a day, still I don't feel sleepy, side effects, ulcers in mouth, dry mouth, and low concentration, what to do?
Talk of a healthy mouth and most people would think of a decay-free set of teeth. However, the overall oral health is more due to healthy gums and check tissue. The gums or the gingival largely determines the health of the teeth. They not just cover the teeth but also provide anchoring support to the teeth. The gums and the surrounding tissue are together called as Periodontium.
While infection of the gums is called gingivitis and is a minor issue, the periodontal inflammation is more severe and may even cause tooth mobility and eventually loss. Periodontal infection is a chronic condition and is one of the main causes of bad breath or halitosis too.
Pink, swollen gums are one of the first symptoms of poor oral health, gradually leading to spontaneous gum bleeding. Apart from poor oral health, other reasons for bleeding gums include pregnancy, diabetes, mouth ulcers, mouth breathing, chemotherapy, tobacco users, hormonal imbalance, and vigorous brushing. Most can be managed by simply improving oral hygiene practices. If periodontal involvement is identified, it is advisable to see the dentist.
Methods To Treat Bleeding Gums and Breath-
Listed below are some common methods to manage bleeding gums and bad breath.
- Brushing: Advisable at least twice a day, but preferably after each meal. Use of a soft-bristled toothbrush is equally important, as hard bristles only cause more bleeding. Follow each massage with a simple plain finger gum massage – this improves blood circulation and thereby gum health.
- Rinsing: Any mouthwash will do, and if you are outside and can’t find anything within reach, use water. It has been the oldest rinse and works wonders. Swish it around the teeth for about 30 seconds and spit it out. If a medicated one is used, avoid eating for 30 minutes after the rinse.
- Floss: This gives special attention to the surfaces between the teeth which attracts food lodgment and is more prone to decay. Flossing removes plaque from between the teeth and reduces caries and gum problems, thereby reducing the incidence of gum disease and bad breath.
I have pain in my teeth for last week l take some pain killer but no relife there is a cavity in my left teeth I confess this that I take gutka please give me some sugesstion.
I had done root canal before few months and I didn't put the cap. What should I do know. Will it be ok if I don't put cap n just leave it like that itself.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.