Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V K Swamy
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Blocked Arteries
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Submit a review for Dr. V K SwamyYour feedback matters!
Pain in centre of chest, after some time it's transfer to same place on back, this process continues, kabhi chest pe, kabhi back pe, what type of trouble is this?
I am suffering from Follicular Thyroid cancer. It spreads to right side of waist and neck C2-C3 position, there is a tumor also .The Total Thyroidectomy surgery and first step high dose I131 radio iodine therapy completed. My blood pressure level got increased and taking medicine Telmikind 40 tablets each day before breakfast. I am having neck pain also. Can anyone suggest what are the next steps to follow up along with food, exercise etc ?Does another surgery required for C2-C3 position schwanomma?
I am 77+, a known case of Diabetic II * Bp both very much under control ( HbA1C around 6)with Amryla M-1, 1Tab in Morning after Breakfast & 1Tab after dinner +1Tab Benitech A in morning for BP.However I feel breathlessness , on slightest excertion or going up stairs say to 1st Flr As per last TMT test on 21.12.14, fair effort tolerance , 95% THR achieved , Normal Chronotopic & inotropic response , Heart Rate achieved 137BPM% of PHR achieved 95%, Total Excercise Duration 6.13minutes.No angina /arrhyth/gallop murmur Noted . Please Comment.
Causes of High Cholesterol and its Home remedies
Good morning. Mera naam hai Dr. Amol Bamane. Main M.D Ayurved hu aur humara Rasyog Ayurveda naam se clinic hai. Aaj main aapko high cholesterol ke baare mein information dena wala hu. High cholesterol ke causes aur uske home remedies mein main aapko aaj batane wala hu. High cholesterol mainly aapko 30% jo aap diet lete hai toh usme se aapko cholesterol milta hai aur usme se high cholesterol ke through aapko various heart related issues ho sakta hai, heart attack, heart related cholesterol ke wajah se heart blockage toh ye issues saamne aate hai, isliye main aapko home remedies bhi batane wala hu.
Aur cholesterol level jo aapke 30% jo diet hai, aar aap diet ache tarah se follow karte hai toh aap 30% cholesterol reduce kar sakte hai by using home remedies jo aapke high cholesterol to reduce kar sakte hai. Use causes hai over weight, pastries, cakes, butter, meat, fish, eggs, smoking, drinking, and stress is also one of the causes of high cholesterol. First home remedies jo main aapko batane wala hu wo hai ke aap 1 spoon coriander seeds lijiye, usse crush kijiye aur water mein daal dijiye. Fir usse boil kijiye aur usse chaan kar thanda hone ke baad din mein 3 baar pijiye. Isse aapka cholesterol level kam karne mein bahut hi helpful hai. Dusra remedy high cholesterol ke liye hai ki wo watermelon seeds ka hai. Aap watermelon seeds ko dry kijiye, usse roast kijiye, aur iske baad mein aap usko store karke rakhiye. Everyday aap 1 teaspoon watermelon seeds ko crush karke 1 glass paani mein ubaaliye. Ubalne ke baad usse thanda kijiye, baad mein chaan kar, din mein 1 bar ye process kijiye aur ek glass ye pijiye aur iska aapko bahut acha results milega. Teesra jo home remedy hai high cholesterol ke liye hai ye sabse badhiya hai ye sabse asardaar saabit hua hai jo basil leaves and margosa leaves ka hai. Aap 10-15 basil leaves lijiye aur 10-15 margosa leaves lijiye, usse aap early morning before breakfast crush kijiye aur ek glas paani mein mix kijiye fir usko chaan ke morning mein before breakfast lijiye. Ye sirf din mein ek baar hi kijiye par 1 month ke liye kijiye aur isse aapko bahut hi acha effective results high cholesterol ke liye milega. Jo bhi maine home remedies bataya hai ye 1-2 months follow kijiye aur isse aapko bahut hi acha results milega.
High cholesterol ke liye jo tips hai wo LDL cholesterol jo hai wo good cholesterol hai aur jo HDL cholesterol hai wo bad cholesterol hai. Iske liye tips ye hai ke din mein 1 litre paani peejiye aur diet control kijiye. Yahi sabse best tareeka hai aapka cholesterol ko normal rakhne ke liye aur iske through aapki life healthy rakh sakte hai. Uske alawa medicine toh ek factor hai hi par ye home remedies use kijiye agar usse bhi aapko itna acha result nahi mil raha hai toh aap hume consult kar sakte hai ya humare website pe jaa sakte hai aur hume connect kar sakte hai aur humare website ka address hai www.rasyog.com.
Aapko cholesterol ke baare mein aur adhik jankaari ke liye, aap mujhe lybrate.com pe bhi sampark kar sakte hai aur consult bhi kar sakte hai.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. One need to get his/her levels checked regularly and its importance. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!