Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. V ArdhanariYour feedback matters!
My both legs (between knee and ankle) pains when I put strain on it like running/climbing stairs. Its happening from the past 45 days.
My spouse aged 44 years is patient of lgmd (mascular dystrophy) which was diagnosed in 2005. She is able to walk with some support and cannot walk freely. Please advice if there is any medicine or cure.
I had low back pain sciatica nerve compression took medicine got pain relief but my right foot and foot finger are slightly numb should I go to work or take rest ?
I have pain in my right leg for last 25 days. Pain is not constant but arises regular at some intervals. It pains in the toe and leg (opposite side of the toe) and sometimes knees. Already done uric acid testing and the result is in permissible limit. Can anyone suggest the problem.
I feel a strong pain in my both legs when I return home after duty, it happens daily. What should I do?
Severe pain seems in left little hand finger if suddenly knocked. Backpain persists from one year. Please suggest me.
I got meniscus tore. Well an year back for the first time. I do met a doctor. He asked me to do some physical exercises at regular intervals. And again 2 months back I got meniscus tore again. 2nd time. Will it be a problem at future.
I am a 48 year old female. I have right lag pain due to mri report l5si disc desiceation and diffuse bulge with focal posterocentral herniation causing compression on si nerve roots. L4-l5 disc desiccation with decreased disc hight and diffuse posterior bulge causing thecal sac indentation and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. L3-l4 disc desiceation and mild bulge. What should I do?
Maintaining good oral hygiene has now become all the more important. A new study has linked the cause of migraines to be a specific type of bacteria present in mouth and gut. People complaining of splitting headaches is fairly common place nowadays. Statistics in india show that nearly one third indian women and one fifth of indian men suffer from this type of headache.
Symptoms of migraine include:
Moderate to severe pain that affects the whole head or may shift to one side
Increased sensitivity to light, sound and pungent odour
Blurring of vision
Nausea and/or vomiting
Seeing dark spots in front of eyes
There are three different types of headaches- severe headache, cluster headache and migraine.
Headache is simply unpleasant pain in the head region of varying intensity. Cluster headache is intense one sided headache with tearing in the eye of the side of the pain. Migraines are moderate to severe pain in the head, usually diffuse and presents along with the above stated symptoms.
Causes of migraine:
Knowing what causes migraine can help avoid it. Common causes that affect different people are as follows:
Hormonal changes and supplements
Over use of contraceptive pills
Sleeping in small closed rooms with inadequate ventilation
Overuse of mosquito repellent
Bad oral hygiene
Overuse of pain killers
Food that triggers migraine:
Many people experience migraine because of different food items. Identify your trigger and then try hard to avoid it.
Processed and canned meat products
Onions, potatoes, spinach, and over eating of rice
Since many years now, nitrate medicines have been used to maintain cardiovascular health and previous research has revealed that heart patients who were given medications containing nitrates routinely complained of headaches. The migraineurs had high nitrate levels, but the actual connection to link the two had not been established until now.
Researchers at the university of california-san diego investigated this further to identify the connection between what the migraineurs eat that alters their experience with migraines. Bacterial sequencing was done on the 172 participants of samples collected from their mouth and gut. Tests showed an abundance of nitrate reducing bacteria in their faecal samples, but even more in their mouth bacteria.
The study published in the journal msystems has identified the link between oral bacteria and migraine, but it is still not evident whether these bacteria are the cause or a result of migraine. But even then it is best to stay safe from our side by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a good oral hygiene. Migraine is often neglected by the patients and hence becomes difficult to treat. Identify the above triggers and causes of migraine and consult a physician if you have any of them.
I'm having pain in my lower neck shoulders shoulder blades. I consulted a doc and he said that it is nerve trap and he give some tablets but the pain didn't decrease. I'm having this pain from last 8-10 months its unbearable. Is there any diagnosis for this pain.
My knee joint sounds whenever I stand or sit down. It is like when I do squats my knee sounds when I stand or go down. Sir, it is good or bad? If it is bad what should I do. Please help me.
I m 38 years old. I have pain in my hands fingers and in joints of hand also every time and feel pain in legs joints and ankles.. In morning I feel very much pain.
I have back pain and hand pain when standing a long time and what to do. I have this for a long time and how I can tolerate it.
I am 40 years femailmy height is 5" 4weight85kg I am suffering with knee pain pls tel me how much weight I have to reduce.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.