Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Umar SharifYour feedback matters!
I am going regularly to ground. I gave a small gap for going to ground (not gone for 10 -11 days) . Day before Yesterday I was gone to ground and I am done 100 push ups and 100 squats. From that movement my hands and legs are totally giving some problem. Full paining. Hands are not able to fold. Legs are not helping for even walk. How can I resist the pain And when I will gets the pains relief. Please suggest me Thank you in advance.
I am 30 year old and all day my back spine is always pain and after I drive my car for 2 hour it get more n more.please help
I am 25 years old and I have many small-small goitre)(gaanthe) in whole body and in back side also please given the solution to remove these goitre. In backside its pain also when we touch it. These goitre are from many years but now they increase their size and no. Also. Please provide the best solution. Thanks.
I am 20-year-old boy first my right leg jerk at night when I sleep but after I started gym its is normal but now my neck twitch and jerk sometimes and I am not able to see straight I felt mostly this problem when I sit what could be the possible reason is it due to wrong posture or any other problem?
Dr. I am suffering from cold for last one month. And too I have pain in my legs and hands. What are the food should be avoided to get rid of it. And also instruct me with good medicine?
I am 54 year old, I was washing clothes, I felt severe pain in both of my legs upto knee level. This pain remained about two hours, when I took bath with warm water, it gave me some relief, when I slept, slowly pain reduced. I want to know whether it is a sign of some serious disease?
Many times she has suvical pain in her neck and shoulder. Even she doesn't take pillow while sleeping. What are the more prescriptions for her?
Dear Sir/Ma'am my legs muscles sometimes deflect specially in sleeping and it pains very much for a while. So what should I do.
She suffering from back pain some times but continuously . She said to me that some one hit by bicycle on his back And she get hospitalised. .after 6 month she was well and doctor said if she (feeling kamzor) she is suffer from pain. So I need your advice please tell me sir about this.
Our spinal disk resembles a jelly donut, wherein the softer insides are protected by the hard exterior. Sometimes, as a result of some injury or an accident the jelly slips out, leading to an extremely painful condition which in medical parlance is known as herniated disc. The pain that you are subjected to, during herniated disc, occurs as the nerves nearby are damaged due to the concussion.
Apart from pain, herniated disc is preceded by other symptoms, some of them are:
- Pain in the arm or the leg: Depending on which part of the body you have suffered the herniated disc, in the neck or in your lower back, this condition is succeeded by intense pain either near the buttocks or near the shoulders. It goes without saying that this pain increases sharply with movement.
- Numbness: That part of the body where the nerves are damaged due to herniated disc often becomes numb and has no sensation whatsoever.
- Weakness: Due to herniated disc, the muscles become weak that considerably impairs and curbs mobility.
However, there are various ways by which you can prevent a herniated disc. Some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise in any form and even for a short while yields several benefits. Your body invariably gains momentum and agility. If you exercise daily, your spine becomes more stable and strong, thereby preventing a possible herniated disc.
- Maintaining the right and good posture: A lot depends on the way you sit and walk, in fact more than you can imagine. If you sit badly, it exerts a pressure on the spine and the discs. Subsequently, a good posture does the very reverse and curbs chances of a herniated disc in the future.
- Keep a tab on the weight: It is always healthy to maintain the right weight, the one that keeps you away from the onset of various diseases. If you are overweight, it puts more pressure on the spine disk, thereby increasing the risk of developing a herniated disc.