Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma ShanthiYour feedback matters!
My wife recently got pregnant and we decide to abort the baby. After consulting to Gynaecologist, she gave few medicines to take 2 times 1 tablet on the same day and another after 1 day. Since then she feel pain and heavy blood as menstruation. My question is does she need to avoid any food or specific till 15 days coz doc said that the bleeding will finish within 15 days.
My wife (age 25) 30 weeks pregnant (first time) having O- blood group & with O+ husband. Gone through coomb test which is negative. Still gynecologist recommended anti injection. Whether she must shot it now? Is it required to take it now or as it is required to take after pregnancy if baby has +blood group.
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant went to the doctor today and they did an ultrasound they said they could see the fetus but could not find the heartbeat or cardiovascular activity is absent does this mean something is wrong I have no bleeding and no cramping I feel fine im eating good taken my prenatal what could be wrong please help.
Hi. My wife and I are trying for pregnancy. We are married for almost 7 months. We want to know what are the best days to have sex for faster pregnancy. Also what foods will increase my sperm counts. Her last period started on October 24. Previous two periods were on Sep 22 and August 22. Looking forward to replies. Eager to become parents. My age 28 and she is 27.
Hello Dr. sir my wife is 31 weeks pregnet having b negative blood and my is A postive .is any complections in my wife pregency she is ist tym pregnant having b negative blood and my is A postive .is any complections in my wife pregency she is ist tym pregnet. thanks complications positive .is any complections in my wife pregnancy she is ist tym pregnet. Thnks.
Hi i'm 33 yrs old lady i've stretch marks on my tummy which looks very weird whenever I wore saree this occur after my first baby delivery who is now 10 yrs old is it possible that now without surgery it will gone.
My m.c is not regular. Sometime it comes right time. Some time it take 2 month and three month. My weight is also gaining. Please tell me what can I do. Can this problem is solve by medicine. Then tell me medicine name please
We are trying hard for another baby. From last four months but fertility not happened yet. Treatment is going on. All reports are normal. Suggest something.
I am 38 years old female with 162.5 cms ht and 65 kgs weight. actually I was slim with proper proportion in my structure. For the past 1 year I ride a two wheeler to my workplace. Off late I notice a sudden increase in my hip and butts and it looks like improper structure. I also have a bloated tummy. How do I regain my structure. Can not do workouts. Help me with some home remedies.
My delivery completed before 7 months its cesarean. that's my tummy is now seeing. What should I do can you please suggest me.
I am 25 years old female . My menstruation periods are not coming from last July. Have consult a gyno here. All my reports are normal including my thyroid and other hormones. She is given me over grace. I have also taken regestrone alternate months for the withdrawal bleeding. I am getting married in October and m gaining weight continuously due to this problem. Is taking regestrone alternate months safe? Can I take regestrone till my marriage if I don't have periods? My weight is 64 Kg.
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: 4 Ways to Never Fall Sick at Season Change
Is having lower backache and abdominal discomfort fine before having period. Is it a sign of early pregnancy as I don't feel any discomfort before periods. I am planning for a baby.
I am 30 years old and 4 months pregnant. I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism (24.6 tsh value) at 8th week of pregnancy. Doctor recommend 50 mcg thyrodite tablet daily. After one week I was tested again and level comes out to be 10.96 tsh value. And after 20 days it again comes out to be 10.6. Will it harm my child or not. Please tell me what shoud I do ?
Flax Seeds for Cancer
Flax seed benefits have been proven time and time again and even including fighting breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer.
A study published in the Journal of Clinical Cancer Research discovered that consuming flax seeds may decrease the risk of breast cancer. The three lignans found in flaxseeds can be converted by intestinal bacteria into enterolactone and enterodiol which naturally balance hormones which may be the reason flax seeds reduce the risk of breast cancer.
You take 1-3 tbsp of flax seed oil with 8 oz of carrot juice to help naturally relieve constipation.
Flax is also very high in soluble and insoluble fiber which can also improve digestive health and is one of the highest magnesium foods in the world.
Flaxseeds are Gluten-Free.
Using flax is a great way to naturally replace gluten-containing grains which are inflammatory where flax is anti-inflammatory. So, flax seeds are great for those who have Celiac disease or have a gluten-sensitivity. They may also be a good alternative to omega-3 fats in fish for people with a seafood allergy.
The soluble fiber content of flax seeds traps fat and cholesterol in the digestive system so that it unable to be absorbed. Soluble fiber also traps bile, which is made from cholesterol in the gallbladder.
The bile is then excreted through the digestive system, forcing the body to make more, using up excess cholesterol in the blood and lowering cholesterol overall.