Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I got married on April 2013. I started trying for baby from september 2014.(not yet succeed) I have irregular periods from august 2014. On january 2015 I came to know that I have thyroid. Doc prescribed me thyronorm 50mcg. Nxt month my tsh level came normal and doc also prescribed me ubiphene, fertigem, ovabless and fertisure f in jan and feb. But I am not get pregnant. Before taking medicine my cycle length was 35 days. But in feb and march it was 30 days cyle length. Then I thought I have to try without medicine and my irregular periods again start. So I went to new doc. She have done all test of me and my husband. All negative except tsh level 27.76 and ESR 40mm and mantoux test positive. She said she have to do laparoscopy to check is there any infection in my peliv area or my tubes are blocked. On the basis of ESR and positive mantoux test. Should I have to do laparoscopy. Or my periods are irregular due to high tsh. I am so much confused. I want baby soon. Is there any chance that my tsh normal then my periods normal and I try for baby and get pregnant.
I have sex with my wife but not using condom. To kya meri wife pregnant ho jayegi. We do not want to have baby now.
Her periods come after every 20 days and before time and at the time of periods she have stomach pain back pain. any advice ?
Hi, My wife is 25 years old and we got married a year ago. She has been suffering from frequent white discharge with bad odor. She has been to various doctors and taken several antibiotics for all fungal, bacterial and protozoal infections. But still, the problem is persisting. Any advice?
We have ultrasound on 5 March 2016. There is some numbers like BPD 46.6 mm HC 180 mm FL 30.7 CD 20.8. Sir inke according GA 19 weeks 6 days calculate hui hai jabki LMP ke according abhi 19 weeks 4 days hi hote hai. Sir I have two questions first is kya GA weeks Lmp se jyada ho skte hai? Second kind is it normal?
I am a 26 year old female. I am a lactating mother while taking green tea any problems comes with my child?
Hi I can use nonfat capsules I have pcod problem egg not growing ovarian cyst not there So I have to reduce weight 64 kg Height 5.3 Age 24 Please tell me.
Hi I ma 31 year old having a 5 year old kid, trying to conceive from last 6 months but not successful.
Dear doctor, I am newly Married (5 months. I was 6 week pregnant but unfortunately I had miscarriage on June 19 and after that doc prescribed for D&E I had D&e on 21 June .everything was normal after D&E .now its all about 2 months have completed n I haven't got my period yet. I am very worried about this .on 16 of Aug I visited gynecologist I told her my history .she then said for usg n it showed that my endometrial lining is 11. 3 mm,DR then prescribe me for meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days. Medicine course has completed. How many more days I have to wait for getting my period normally? Because my period were normal before pregnancy but time duration was only 2 days. Please help me doc that was my first pregnancy .is there any complications about anything regarding my period? What should I do doctor please help me? What is the reason of missing period ?when will I find every thing normal.
Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
It helps cure the common cold
The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
Aids in the production of digestive juices
Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
My fertile dates for month of march is 12 to 15 march.At what time i should do intercourse to conceive a girl child
Sir I had unprotected sex before two days of periods with my wife after 24 hrs I gave unwanted 72 pill to my wife but still after 14 days she does not have periods please tell whether she is pregnant or not.
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"
I had took unwanted 72 for about 8 times in a gap period of 2 to 3 months and stooped now. So my concern is that will it affects in future if yes please tell me how to resolve it. So that it should not affect for giving birth and even for my body too. thanks.
The air that we breathe today is full of toxic and hazardous pollutants. Pollution in the environment could leave mother Earth sapped of its beauty and biodiversity. Each year millions of people die all around the world due to different pollution related problems. The key to live a healthy life is to identify the sources of air pollution and implement practical ways so that we can help stop air pollution. This article is going to suggest different ideas that can contribute to stop air pollution in the world around us.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
So, I will posting articles related to air pollution and steps we can take to prevent it for better living.
Common Air Pollutants and their Sources
1. Carbon Monoxide: Generated by cigarettes, combustion engines, gas and fuel appliances, incinerators.
2. Lead from aircraft fuel metal processing plants, incineration and battery acid production
3. Ozone produced by car exhausts, factory processing, electric utilities, power plants, chemical solvents.
4. Nitrogen Dioxide from car engines, airplane engines, factories, and power plants.
5. Sulfur Dioxide -locomotives, ships, planes, and other equipment produce huge volumes of Sulfur Dioxide. Industrial processes, particularly ore extraction and purification, are also producers of the gas.
6. Particulate Matter: produced by nearly every single process involving chemicals and fuels, farming and construction.
Effects of Common Air Pollutants
EFFECTS ON HUMANS
- Coughing and shortness of breath, Asthma and sometimes premature deaths,
- Lung cancer
- IQ loss and impacts on learning, memory, and behavior in children due to damage to the developing nervous system,
- Heart disease
- kidney effects
EFFECTS ON ENVIRONMENT - FLORA AND FAUNA
- Lead can cause damage to flora and fauna.
- Ozone is a dangerous substance for most living organisms and multiple ecosystems on land and in the sea.
- Acid rains produced by Nitrogen Dioxide and Sulfur Dioxide are extremely destructive to the soil, plants and animals,
- Particulate Matter is harmful to animals, mammals being more affected