Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MageshYour feedback matters!
I get a cracking sound in my jaw at one side of my mouth when I open my mouth. It happens oftenly but it does not pains. So what it can be because of Do I need to worry about it.
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
I am 34 years old. I had my lower wisdom tooth removed 7 days ago (20th Oct '16). From 2nd day onwards the pain increased in the region of the extraction. I could see the socket from where the tooth was removed and also a white colour thing in it. The Dentist I went to had prescribed pain killers and antibiotics which I took religiously. Even with pain killers the pain was always there. I went back to the doctor on the 4th day and to my surprise I was told that so much pain is normal. Though I want to trust my Dentist, it seems hard to believe that the pain would still be there till 7th day (today). 2 days ago I had some tingling feeling in my gums too and sharp pains from the extraction area which extended till my ear. I took one Imol Plus tablet and it have instant relief from pain. I have been taking one doze of Imol Plus since two days now. I want to know if this is normal? If not, is it Dry Socket (read online)? If Dry socket, will it heal naturally and can I continue with the Imol Plus till it does? Thanks in advance to all who would reply to help out. Looking forward for your help.
Muja mara mouth ma tonsil ma eak ghav ho gaya ha tons ma white Coller ka pumps jama ho jata ha to bahot pan hota ha mara ear ma zabda ma pura pan hota ha mana 4-5 ent sarzan ko bataya mana MRI& citi scan bhi Kayra par muja Khai bhi arram nahi Mila hi please advaic me
My daughter aged 7 years is suffering from tooth decay problem in such an early stage. What should I do?
Bad smell come from my mouth so please advise how can I remove it naturally I facing this problem since 2013 I haven't any bad habits like drinking, eating toboco, any pan masala or gutakha
Even after getting my teeth cleaned bad odor persists my saliva becomes thick overall my mouth feels uncomfortable after having milk especially or after any meal wat do you suggest other than getting cleaned by dentist?
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.