Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. U. MeenakshisundaramYour feedback matters!
Fructose a sugar common in the western diet can damage hundreds of brain genes in a way that could lead to a range of diseases from diabetes to cardiovascular disease and from Alzheimer's to attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.
Among the conditions that can be amused by alterations to those genes are Parkinson's disease depression bipolar disorder and other brain diseases.
I am 23 years old girl, whenever I lift things (2-3kg) my hands are shivering. I cant even lift a kid in my hand.
I am 26 female. I easily get numbness in my feets and hands even when I am simply seating on sofa or lying on bed and whenever I sit cross leg after few minutes its become very hard as someone put heavy weight on my legs. Please guide me in this regard what should I have to do ?
What are the symptoms of dengue? He is shivering alot and his body is very warm. And in blood test dengue is not recodnised.
I have migraine headache problem. I get headache for every other reason. and I am severe acidic. Not getting any solution even after consulting allopathy ayurvedic n homeopathic doctors. Please advise is there any solution for it.
Hi I am 31 years age male & having numbness & tingling problem in hands & legs when in folded condition & sometimes in idol condition also from last 6 months. Kindly guide me
Hi good afternoon. This question is regarding my father's problem. He is now 48 years old he had fallen from coconut tree 0n 28/aug/2015. And he lost complete sensation from chest to foot from that time. he had one major surgery. Now he is doing some physiotherapy exercises and taking Ayurveda treatment. He is getting good result about his health. But not about sensation. Can you please suggest some tips to get sensation. If you want medical reports I will send them. Sir/madam please help us.
Carpal nerve syndrome in my right hand. Kindly suggest remedy and specialist contact details. Thanks.
How to be healthy at 62 along with diabetes type 2 ,hyper tension, nerves weakness kindly give me some economical tips thank you
I am suffering from migraine, which is occurring every year. I want to know that can we able to completely cure migraine. What are the steps to avoid this.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.