Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U. Meenakshisundaram
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. U. MeenakshisundaramYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years young. at the age of 7 to still I have stammering problem so I can't speak with higher authority then my friends were criticized me. please help me. Then I am always feel very tired so my fingers automatically shake so how can I control this help me.
Please suggest foods that one must have to prevent or eliminate neurological problems in middle age or senior age. Also my mother is 68 years old and is suffering from ring from dementia. She is forgetting small small things. How can it be cured? Please suggest tests that need to be done and foods, medicines that she should take.
I am having migraine problem how can I cure that. actually its hurt so bad so please heal this than so much.
Hi I'm deepak 22 years old. I get the problem of neurocysticercosis in my head in right granuloma. For first I experienced numbness in my left hand after that unnecessarily movement followed by unconsciousness. My EEG stands normal. Now Dr. Gave me albendazole 300 three times a day for fourteen days. Now they are giving me sodium dilation 300 mg and folic acid 5 mg. I am pretty not sure that I'm getting the right treatment. So pls guide me is it right or not.
Sir, my father (about 88 yrs old) suffered a paralytic stroke 25-26 days back. After that he has lost his confidence and partial memory loss is also there. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicines to increase his confidence and to regain memory that can be given along with high BP and post paralytic medicines. Thanks.
I am 27 years old male, I am suffering from hand shivering since long time could you please advise me to whom I should contact?
Hello sir . Mujhe pichle kuch mahino se hatho me hand tramors ki problem ho rahi hai. Sir please koi solution bataiye.
Dear sir madam I did sex with a prostitute 3 and half month ago. I have been getting numbness and cramps in leg and hand and tingling and loose stool twice a day. After 10 of the sex .my body is not absorbing food that is malabsorption. Mymajor problem is inflammation in leg and hand joint .pls help is it a sign if hiv. I got tested for hiv rapid after 10 days of sex .it was negative.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.