Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TilakYour feedback matters!
I am 20 and have stretch marks on my calf. My weight is 56kg and height 5'1" I also have belly fat. I exercise daily for 10 min. Is there any problem or need to exercise more?
I am 18 years old male my problem is that I am having too many pimples or acne on my forehead which are very irritative for me in washing face and all so please help me out and please tell me what to eat and what to use on it.
I am suffering from hair falling rapidly. I have use only one soap lux but never use any type of shampoo. So advise me aboutmy hair falling problem.
I am suffering from fungal infection of groin over last 1 year. Tried all anti fungal medicine and consulted best doctor. Still it reappears after I discontinue medicine. Red blister in inner thighs and bottom. Tried creams like Terbinext. Episert. Candid B. And many more. It is very irritating and I am suffering too much. I don't have much money to spend on it. Already spent nearly 5-6 thousands.
I am Junaid 18 years old and I am suffering from skin psoriasis so please suggest best drug that I can take to cure completely. I am having this disorder from 4years now it is going on raising.
Sir mere Face par bahoot jyada black spot hai or mahaso ke sir mai kya karoo maine bahoot sare creame or tub lagave but no efect.
I fell from my bike on my palm and had light bruises. Its been a month and there is still a small lump. Its really painful while doing exercises like push ups.
I am having pimple problems from last few weeks and they are increasing day by day tell me what to do to get rid of them.
H, I have very less beard & light moustache what can I do for better growth. These days many oils are available online. Can I choose from there?
I have Psoriasis for more than 15 years around. I tried different Homeopathic doctors including Batras. I have no result. I have started to accept it as part of my life.
I am suffering from tanning at the back very badly please suggest me some effective ways to remove that?
I am having red spots and rashes all over my neck and they r itching alot. I am fed up of this. please help me.
I am consistently having boils in intergluteal cleft, I left it to heal itself but it's been over 2 months still they are persistent. Please kindly advice medical cure for this.
Acne Vulgaris, or more commonly known as acne or Pimples, is a skin condition that develops when the hair follicles get clogged with excess oil (sebum) and dead skin cells.
Types of Acne:
1. Black or white pimples; these blackheads and whiteheads are called comedones. Blackheads are surfaced on the skin while the whiteheads form just below the surface of the skin. Besides these two heads, inflammatory lesions may also give rise to scarring.
2. Papules are raised and small red bumps that may be caused due to infected or inflamed hair follicles
3. Pustules are red pimples, with pus on their tips
4. Nodules appear just below your skin surface and are usually painful
5. Cysts are larger lumps that contain pus
The main cause of acne is the blockage of hair follicles, which are made of hair and the sebaceous gland. When these tiny hair follicles plug themselves with excess sebum and dead skin cells, it results in acne. Your skin is rendered soft and lubricated by the sebum. This lubrication process may be hindered for any of the following reasons:
1. Excess production of oil by the hair follicles
2. Accumulation of dead skin cells
3. Bacteria buildup in the pores
Reasons behind Pimples
1. Hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy
2. Side effects of certain medications such as birth control pills or steroids
3. Pimples can be hereditary as well
4. Consumption of foods laden with refined sugar, simple carbs and Deep fried and oily items.
5. Dandruff also can cause acne / pimples, more so on the forehead and back
The following are the home remedies that can be used to treat this condition:
1. Remove excess oil and dirt by cleaning the skin with a mild soap
2. Shampoo your hair on a regular basis
3. Use water-based cosmetics
4. Avoid squeezing pimples which otherwise would spread the excess oil and bacteria
5. Avoid the use of tight headbands or hats
1. Acne gels and creams containing Benzoyl Peroxide dry out the existing pimples, prevent the formation of new ones and kill bacteria that cause acne.
2. Sulfur, one of the major ingredients of lotions, masks and cleansers, is one of the best medications for acne.
3. Resorcinol removes the dead cells.
4. Salicylic acid, contained in soaps, prevents blockage of pores.
It’s always desirable to get the pimples treated by a Skin Specialist/ Medical Cosmetologist