Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ThomasYour feedback matters!
I have a some spot in my face first time before that never happens happened what can I do? Please advise.
How to solve the skin allergies and rashes in summer. What is the natural solution for that and how to avoid that?
I am facing a problem of loosing hair frequently. I used so many medicine. But I count get solution. What can I do?
Please tell me any effective home remedies to remove acne marks/dark spots. My skin is very sensitive too. Please advise.
The onset of symptoms of scabies varies depending on whether or not a person has previously been exposed to mites. The first time a person is exposed to the scabies mite, it can take upwards of 2-6weeks for symptoms to develop.
This timeframe is significantly shorter in subsequent infestations as the body's immune system is quicker to react (typically in 1-4 days).
Signs and symptoms of scabies include:
- Itching - this is often worse at night and can be severe and intense. Itching is one of the most common scabies symptoms.
- Rash - when the mite burrows into the skin, it forms burrow tracks, or lines, which are most commonly found in skin folds, and resemble hives, bites, knots, pimples, or patches of scaly skin. Blisters may also be present.
- Sores - these occur in infested areas where a person has scratched at the skin. Open sores can lead to impetigo, commonly caused by secondary infection with Staphylococcus aureus.
- Thick crusts - crusted scabies, also known as Norwegian scabies, is a form of severe scabies in which hundreds to thousands of mites and mite eggs are harbored within skin crusts, causing severe skin symptoms.
Hi doctor I have lot of white hairs at the age of 26 yrs can you please suggest what has to be done.
Sir, what are keloids actually my friend is having them, what is the treatment sir, and if surgery is done any chance of reoccurring keloids?
Hi, I am 20 years old and my skin is so dull I want to look fresh every time and I also don't have even skin tone what should I do?
I have black spot and too many pimples on my face. I used many face creams and their is no good results.
I have a problem, actually my hairs are falling even when I put hair oil in it, what can I do to recover it?
Age is really nothing, but a number. The best thing about age is to embrace it. However, not everybody can jovially accept the bodily changes that come with age, especially the wrinkles, the sagging skin and the not-so-wanted curves of the face. So are you tired of using a hundred different age-renewal creams?
Tired of all the false promises from brands claiming their products would turn back time? Tired of putting heavy makeup to hide those wrinkles? Guess what? There is a long-term solution to these problems. Consult an awesome cosmetic physician and get a facelift. Since this is a life-changing decision, you must know about the different types of facelifts to give you a proper idea about the whole thing before you contact a surgeon.
A surgical procedure that involves minimizing the various signs of ageing around the face and neck area is called a facelift, also known as rhytidectomy. There are numerous types of facelift surgeries, a few common ones are discussed below-
- The deep plane procedure: There is a layer beneath our skin known as the superficial musculoapnoneurotic system (SMAS). The muscles of facial expression are surrounded by this layer. The deep plane lift is the most commonly used face-lift technique and in this technique the SMAS is lifted, released and repositioned. After the repositioning of this layer, the loose, extra skin is removed and the edges of the layer are structured and stapled in place. This is by far the best voted technique and is known to give long lasting results with lesser number of revisions. The estimated cost of this procedure ranges from 5000 - 12000 dollars.
- The short scar lifts: This includes various types of facelift techniques, which involve minimal scar formation. The short scar lift techniques unlike the others do not extend beyond the ears. The surgeon can re-suspend all those tissues that support the smile-line and jowls, thereby, tightening a moderate amount of loose skin wherever required. The estimated cost of these types of procedures ranges between 6000-10000 dollars.
- FAT auto transfer?: In this technique, fat from the buttock/stomach/thigh area is collected by the process of liposuction and is then injected into the face to fill in the required areas. Price ranges from 5500-15000 dollars.
However, the most important part is to contact a certified cosmetic physician because as already discussed, this is a life changing decision, and one wrong move can cost you a lot.