Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThirupathiYour feedback matters!
Hello, my son is 3 years old and he catches cold frequently which results in wheezing. I also have the same problem but no asthma. Kindly help. Chest X-Ray has been done.
Hello doctor, I have baby girl of 3 months. I want weight chart for my baby.. Pls send me chart of weight for indian baby girl.
My 7 year old son still bed wets 3 to 4 times at night. Even if he sleeps for 2 hours in the afternoon he bedwets. Wen he was few months old he had recurring episodes of UTI. A urologist did MCU and the report was normal. After the age of 1 he never had UTI. But bedwetting continues even in summers. Please advise He has hard and irregular motions as well!
My daughter is 15 years old, when swallowing solid food a pain is felt in the right side of the chest 2 inches below the collar bone. What this could be please inform. Thanks.
Dear sir/madam. May I know what is" coarctation of aorta" moderate LV dysfunction" mild MR' OS ASD with left to right shunt" mild PHT. Please reply anyone. My 3 months baby having the problem. What the remedy or solution of this problem?
My 1.4 Year child not eat food well. Before 15 days he ate well. Consume only milk and Curd rice. We give Albendazole but there is no improvement for a week. So please suggest me.
Hello doctor, my baby is due for his 10th week vaccination. We were planning to give him the painful dose in the 6th week with pneumococcal as well as rotavirus vaccines. In a hurry I answered a yes for the painless one in the 6th week and have been feeling guilty since then. I wanted to switch to the painful one but 2-3 pediacs said it's better I don't. I wanted to know why is it so? Also wanted to know if the free vaccinations offered as per the NHM are safe or the ones given in private clinics are better? - concerned mother.
Premature (30weeks) born by lscs weight 1.3kg vital stable what could we do for management like feeding and handling etc.
Mera beta 2 month ka he kuch dino se wo dudh bhi nai pi raha he or bahut rota he or or potty bhi kali aati he iska kya karan he? Doctor ne cymbi drops dene ko kaha din me 2 time par usse bhi koi fark nai padh raha?
My baby born on 20.04. 15. She feeding through bottle. Due to mother breast no milk. Every time she crying. So whats I do.
Good morning doctor my baby is 2years 3months but her hair is very thin we are not doing bald for girl but also 2months once we are go to parlour for her hair cutting but also not there thick so please tell me any good oil and shampoo now I'm using coconut oil parachute not applying shampoo pears only putting for wash please tell me.
Hello my son is 2 years old and his weight is 8. 5kgs I am veg I don' t want to give him any non veg food not even eggs but many people around me suggest me to give eggs so could you tell me it is really help me or is there any equivalent food for high protein?
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.