Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Thilothamal NYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. 2 days ago I had migraine headache. I thought drinking coffee would help but soon after drinking it, the problem worsened and I am not able to sleep since 2 days. Please provide me some tips on how to control it.
I sleep late in night around 2 am and wake at 9 am due to which I am having migraine and feel depressed. What to do now?
Hello, I'm suffering from migraine. Is it dangerous or not? What type of treatment is best for this?
Sir, My migraine problem is growing. When I study after 30 min. It' pain and my eye problem also growing. And in my eye water is drop in the light. Sir head problem is also growing can you give me a good suggestion.
Migraine is a treatable disease or not. Suggest some curable ideas related to migraine. How it affects daily routine and long term relationship and behavior and study related for competitive exams.
Hi doc, I have a migraine problem. Since two years. I am suffering very much. In this my head pains a lot and it getting heavier so please suggest the solution.
My grandfather is 70 and he's got 3 seizures in last 1 year. Last one was one week ago and while going to hospital he had 2 fractures in his vertebrae and his shoulder too had a fracture. What should be done to cure him. And how much time to cure him?
Dear Sir/Madam I am from Raipur (CG). I am writing this mail regarding best treatment of my father as he has been diagnosed Parkinson. He has first diagnosed Parkinson in the year 2013. He is taking medicines as prescribed by the doctors. His current situation is as under: He is not having any visible tremors. He is not able to walk properly be cause he feels very light in his left leg and not able to lift that leg while walking. Some times lost balance while walking and standing. Most importantly, now he is feeling heavy weakness in his body and refused to go out of house. Always tend to be in bed. Feeling heavy in head from mid night and not able to have healthy sleep at night. Day by Day his problem of walking/ balancing/ weakness is increasing. He went through many investigations like: MRI brain, Spinal cord, Many CT scans and other blood test. Sir, Hear by requesting you to please guide me for his proper treatment and for better diagnosis of his increasing weakness. I will send all his reports and others documents if required. Again requesting you to guide me for his better diagnosis and treatment.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening