Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Thilothamal NYour feedback matters!
Sometimes my hands are numb and when I rubb them I have so much pain. Please ans me why this happens ?
When I hold anything tightly my hand shivers a lot. My wrist also shivers. I can't hold tightly. Even if I close my palm tightly it shivers. .why it's happening and also is it happening because of masturbation. Is my body weak. But I am well built. Please help.
I am getting blood in stool and one nerve is paining a lot. What should I do to avoid in eating and what should I eat?
I have pain in my right lower back hip and running through thighs to foot and feel pinching burning pain and numbness in little finger finger.
I'm losing weight slowly as I'm suffering from Parkinson's disease. Should I take some medicine like nutrigain? Is alcohol, taken in small quantity, useful in this disease?
Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from cerebellar ataxia. Is there any treatment is there for this disorder. Doctor says that it cannot be treated. Please help me.
Hello doctor I have migration problem last one year I am 35 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
Why I can't sleep I sleep late night at 2: 00 am and I woke at 8 am in mrng and even don't sleep in afternoon. I just get 6 hours sleep. I am insomniac why it is happening?
I have migraine problem since my college days. Now im 35. Its frequent now a days. And severe. Tried many medicines.
I am 38 year old. I am surfing from have migraine. I try so many medicine but I can't find result. And it's fix timing migraine 7.30 am to 6.00 pm please help.
Any alternative treatment for pituitary macroadenoma of size 4.5×4.7cm? I would not like to go for surgery.
I have 2 problems. 1) I am suffering from migraine for about 2 years, daily morning head pains very badly sometime it remains for 7 days. 2) I have dhaat problem, this problem is from 18 years, I have tried many medicine but none has worked, even I am from Ayurveda field, daily night some white substance flows from my penis, please advice some really good medicine. Thank you.
Ilosure 4mg, Feliz-s 20mg, Torvate 300mg, Levipil 500mg, Inderal 40mg, Pacitane 2mg, Nitrosun 10mg, Becozym-c forte Kindly advise me the above mentioned my wife is taking for her Migrane headache prescribed by the doctor. What are the side-effects and how far they cure the ache? These medicines she's consuming for the past 2 years.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.